No votes
Salisbury
11%
Westminster OS
14%

Total votes : 85

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:46 pm

Bluedemon wrote:Div 4 draw seems to be back online with Para Hills in it, so are they defenitly in or out?

Ive been told theyre in D4 and with 2 teams but have had T&Cs similar to Kilburn put in place.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:50 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Its not ridiculous, nor is it unsubstantiated. Im not going to potentially put myself or the site in potential legal trouble by naming and causing potential embarrassment the club involved, especially if they manage to get up for the season.

Ive been a football volunteer for longer than i care to remember and unless it directly affects our club not many people would care to be honest.

I also trust youll now start aiming your fire at the other 90% of posters, including certain folk at your own club, that dont mind stirring unsubstantiated garbage given you seem to hate it so much.

Volunteer? You trainers charge more than wounded bulls...
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Q. » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:15 pm

Negative innuendo can certainly be detrimental to a club. More than once I've seen it open the floodgates to player clearances as neighbouring clubs' pick at the carcass like vultures.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:24 am

Q. wrote:Negative innuendo can certainly be detrimental to a club. More than once I've seen it open the floodgates to player clearances as neighbouring clubs' pick at the carcass like vultures.

Exactly, hence why i haven't done so!

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:02 pm

i know of a club who cancelled trial games they are a div 3 club
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Minion Master » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:i know of a club who cancelled trial games they are a div 3 club

cancelled or changed dates due to request from div 4 club?
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:18 pm

So Para Hills Definite then?? Then all the Grades below should come down as they will all change, or we going to have 9 team comp(easy way out for the league) like they did with div 3 a couple of years ago. Funny thing everybody new 2 months ago that Para Hills where in Trouble with players leaving, maybe clearance's should open in November so the league would start to see some of the action earlier then a month out from the start of the season.

The League and many others would like the clearances to open in November. But it was too hard for some one way above our pay grade and league so they decided it wouldn't happen.

If it did it open up earlier it would make life easier so that we all know where we stand not 6-8 weeks out from the beginning of the season and all contracts could be enforced.
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:45 pm

Eastern Park play their first trial this year against Smithfield this Friday Night.

Very interesting choice of trial games.

Plenty of banter in the facebook world about this one already lol.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5608 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:50 pm

whufc wrote:Eastern Park play their first trial this year against Smithfield this Friday Night.

where is the game being played ?
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:51 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
whufc wrote:Eastern Park play their first trial this year against Smithfield this Friday Night.

where is the game being played ?

Pretty certain its at Smithfield.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5608 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Minion Master » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:38 pm

para hills in turmoil, players left in droves, heard some recruited to other clubs before the end of last season, players not returning committee phone calls, no respect shown, c grade gone for 2016, now may struggle to field 1 team, a grade coach gone, committee now using coach as scape goat very unprofessional and should look at their own poor decision making and, white anting behind the scenes, as to where they now find themselves and still staying in div 4 :O
Minion Master
Rookie

Postby Q. » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:39 pm

Minion Master wrote:para hills in turmoil, players left in droves, heard some recruited to other clubs before the end of last season, players not returning committee phone calls, no respect shown, c grade gone for 2016, now may struggle to field 1 team, a grade coach gone, committee now using coach as scape goat very unprofessional and should look at their own poor decision making and, white anting behind the scenes, as to where they now find themselves and still staying in div 4 :O

Cabbage has left?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Venga Bus » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:40 am

Minion Master wrote:para hills in turmoil, players left in droves, heard some recruited to other clubs before the end of last season, players not returning committee phone calls, no respect shown, c grade gone for 2016, now may struggle to field 1 team, a grade coach gone, committee now using coach as scape goat very unprofessional and should look at their own poor decision making and, white anting behind the scenes, as to where they now find themselves and still staying in div 4 :O

You seem to know a lot of what's going on behind the scenes, some connection there?
Venga Bus
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Minion Master » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:11 am

Venga Bus wrote:

You seem to know a lot of what's going on behind the scenes, some connection there?

no matter how tight the ship, there are always leaks!
Minion Master
Rookie

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:39 am

Minion Master wrote:
Venga Bus wrote:

leeks? or some other green vegetable matter ;)

In any case, they'd want to do their best to field a second team each week, as I reckon part of the agreement was if their B grade forfeits 3 times, the whole club goes.

Could be wrong, have been before.

Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:45 am

Seriously though, looking at the D4 draw this year looks a bit strange, looking forward to the HV v CLG games, some good rivalry there, especially with Sid back at the club.

Hopefully @BFG gets a haircut by then ;)

Footy Chick

Postby Minion Master » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:53 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Minion Master wrote:
Venga Bus wrote:

leeks? or some other green vegetable matter ;)

In any case, they'd want to do their best to field a second team each week, as I reckon part of the agreement was if their B grade forfeits 3 times, the whole club goes.

Could be wrong, have been before.

the rumour by people in the know is that they will close their doors at the end of the season.
Last edited by Minion Master on Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minion Master
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:54 am

Minion Master wrote:a grade coach gone

Some might argue that appointment was a poor decision in the first place, and the process surrounding it also ordinary.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4030 times

Postby BFG » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:06 am

Because i got 8/10 in the div 5 ladder last year I may as well take a stab this year.

Havens - would be bitterly disappointed to miss out on a GF berth last year and were the team to beat for the vast majority of last season. No clearances listed yet but you'd expect them to add a few late as they have never struggled bringing blokes in.
WOS - Narrowly missed finals last year and have added some real quality recruits, know how to play finals footy and know how to win big games. Will be a massive threat.
Towns - Moving in from SFL where they have had mixed results but with word a few people are returning to the fold upon the news that they are back in the SAAFL i'd expect them to be around the mark in div 4. I'm excited to see how they go considering the constant comparisons between SFL and SAAFL.
Salisbury- Last years very narrow losers in the GF. Have elected to stay down and have another crack at glory, you'd have to assume that they will still be around come finals time with only a few outs you'd expect them to finish in a relatively similar position this year.
CLG - Few outs, few ins, historically div 5 teams coming up have finished about mid table in recent seasons. Will be fighting for a finals spot with at least three others teams IMO.
Pooraka - Similar to CLG, have lost a few and gained a few. Finalist last year and will be one of the teams fighting for the fifth spot come the last few rounds.
Hope Valley - Looking like they have added a few but with the teams coming in may just miss out on a finals berth, will be in the hunt in the last few rounds though.
Eastern Park - Finalist last year, look to have lost a couple with not too much coming in. A chance to make a play for finals but will have to be strong at home like they usually are. A bit of an unknown quantity for me, struggled to place them.
Kenilworth - 7th last year, have lost a few but have added in some quality as well. Whoever finishes 9th this year could easily finish with 6 wins I think. Great memories on their oval though :P
Para Hills - Been talked about a lot on here about the amount of players they have had leave, look to be in for a long season with players like Cree, Buss, Hanson and Lynch all leaving. Don't think it will be as bad as has been talked about but will have to work very hard to stave off relegation.

Personally I think that this season may be a three horse race with WOS, Havens and Towns but after that I expect 4th and 9th to be relatively even. Obviously this is my own personal OPINION and people at above mentioned club likely know far more than myself about how they are shaping up. Debate away!
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby BFG » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:18 am

Footy Chick wrote:Seriously though, looking at the D4 draw this year looks a bit strange, looking forward to the HV v CLG games, some good rivalry there, especially with Sid back at the club.

Hopefully @BFG gets a haircut by then ;)

Had a bit of a trim FC. I missed the years we played some crackers against Havens and WOS so i'm keen as mustard to get out there and plod around in the B's and support the real footballers once I've showered and cracked my first froffy.
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League