Seaton
4%
Walkerville
19%

Total votes : 53

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

by Failed Creation » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:35 pm

Footy Follower wrote:
Minion Master wrote:flinders park BBQ = 7 the oldies serving were fantastic, real piece of steak but selection was limited, no bacon, chicken or kranskies

So can we get a summary Minion? Top to bottom in Div 3?

x2.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

by Minion Master » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:49 am

so now we are at the pointy end of the season and all the club BBQ's have been sampled it's time to list the final standings again based on scoring criteria of 2 points for timing, organisation & condiments, 2 points for value for money, 2 points for selection, 2 points for service and 2 points for taste giving a total of 10 points achievable.

9 = Walkerville - being an unbiased assessment as they really do meet the above scoring criteria
8 = Gepps Cross - very close second the oldies running it were fantastic
8 = Athelstone - very close second just lacking on the condiments
7 = Kilburn - bit of a worry when you hand over a fifty and the tatted up bikey looking dude at Kilburn says "is this keep the change?"
7 = Flinders Park - real steak but no bacon & limited selection
7 = Seaton - get your BBQ but have to walk around to the canteen for mustard and salt & pepper etc
6 = Golden Grove - just the waiting time that down graded their score
4 = Mitcham - very limited selection
4 = Plympton - with a triple header started late & not much selection & ran out of items
2 = Pembroke - just poor on service, value for money & really don't meet many of the listed criteria

Just glad with 3 home games left I'm in for a good feed for the rest of the season!
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

by Fricky » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:26 pm

Cheers to the dozen or so Golden Grove lads who had a beer after the game yesterday. I've seen opposition players come in for a beer a bit more this year which is always good.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

by easy TIGA » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:52 pm

Suri wrote:Cheers to the dozen or so Golden Grove lads who had a beer after the game yesterday. I've seen opposition players come in for a beer a bit more this year which is always good.

Yeh win lose or draw mate, we always try and get as many back in to show face. Been a pretty decent return at our ground as well. On another note, what does the cricket club think of the oval? Would they be worried about getting it.into shape? Pretty nasty out there yesterday.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

by Fricky » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:06 pm

easy TIGA wrote:
Suri wrote:Cheers to the dozen or so Golden Grove lads who had a beer after the game yesterday. I've seen opposition players come in for a beer a bit more this year which is always good.

Yeh win lose or draw mate, we always try and get as many back in to show face. Been a pretty decent return at our ground as well. On another note, what does the cricket club think of the oval? Would they be worried about getting it.into shape? Pretty nasty out there yesterday.

The cricket club look after the pitches so whatever state it's in is their doing. The council look after the rest of the oval which is in a slightly better condition than other seasons after the new drainage was put in, although its still far from great. Hopefully we have a good summer and the oval is in great nick next season.
Fricky
League - Best 21

by The Dark Knight » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:35 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
Played at Seaton on the weekend and their ground is in amazing condition. Only bit of mud I found was right at the race where you come on the ground. I still remember playing there when Port played Richmond a few years back at AAMI and AAMI was in shocking condition and Seaton was immaculate.

We played there about 4 weeks ago and it was in top shape. I asked around as tovhow their oval was in such good condition and turns out that it's a sand based oval. Apparently holds a bit better during rain.

Just as a follow up question to this as it got me wondering, which other ovals in the league are sand based? I'm guessing most of the ones that are close to the beach? Ours is sand based.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10375 times
Been liked: 1526 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

by Wasim1 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:51 pm

Arch44 wrote:Good players keep their feet

Have never thought of selling mine.....or even giving them away!!
Wasim1
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

by Wasim1 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:53 pm

Were they covered in the usual Walkies mud or have things improved??
Wasim1
Mini-League

by Fricky » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:56 pm

Wasim1 wrote:

Covered in mud but the oval is in better condition than previous years. I would think most ovals would muddy at the moment.
Fricky
League - Best 21

by easy TIGA » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:19 pm

Wasim1 wrote:

Showers were hot so we were all clean. Unlike a few other changerooms this year.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

by Wasim1 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:00 am

Suri wrote:
Wasim1 wrote:

Covered in mud but the oval is in better condition than previous years. I would think most ovals would muddy at the moment.

Are you serious, I saw it a couple of weeks ago and thought 100 sows had been living on it!
Wasim1
Mini-League

by Minion Master » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:31 am

Wasim1 wrote:
Suri wrote:
Wasim1 wrote:

Are you serious, I saw it a couple of weeks ago and thought 100 sows had been living on it!

you obviously don't get out and about enough! Plenty of ovals in worse shape than ours :roll:
Minion Master
Rookie

by Fricky » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:34 am

Wasim1 wrote:
Suri wrote:
Wasim1 wrote:

I didn't say it was perfect.
Fricky
League - Best 21

by Wasim1 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:12 pm

[

Are you serious, I saw it a couple of weeks ago and thought 100 sows had been living on it![/quote]

you obviously don't get out and about enough! Plenty of ovals in worse shape than ours :roll:[/quote][/quote]

I have not seen one that is worse this season, your new drainage doesn't work or was only half the oval done? Still got holes full of water in many places and only a couple of other ovals have had that problem and got it fixed. Modbury as an example!
Wasim1
Mini-League

by Minion Master » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:43 pm

Wasim1 wrote:[

you obviously don't get out and about enough! Plenty of ovals in worse shape than ours :roll:[/quote][/quote]

I have not seen one that is worse this season, your new drainage doesn't work or was only half the oval done? Still got holes full of water in many places and only a couple of other ovals have had that problem and got it fixed. Modbury as an example![/quote]

as I said you obviously don't get out enough, there are ovals worse than ours out there
Minion Master
Rookie

by S Demon » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:18 pm

Wasim1 wrote:I have not seen one that is worse this season, your new drainage doesn't work or was only half the oval done? Still got holes full of water in many places and only a couple of other ovals have had that problem and got it fixed. Modbury as an example!

If Modbury's oval was fixed I'd be asking for a refund!! :shock:
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

by Eagles2014 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:19 pm

Flinders Park have had their game moved tomorrow to Thebarton Oval vs Pembroke due to the state of their oval.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

by mighty hounds » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Flinders Park have had their game moved tomorrow to Thebarton Oval vs Pembroke due to the state of their oval.

First I've heard of it :shock: who told you that?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

by Minion Master » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:28 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Flinders Park have had their game moved tomorrow to Thebarton Oval vs Pembroke due to the state of their oval.

still states Flinders Park on the saafl fixtures
Minion Master
Rookie

by zedman » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:46 pm

mighty hounds wrote:

how busy was grand junction rd last night MH? :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League