Salisbury
12%
Westminster OS
12%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Postby S Demon » Mon May 18, 2015 3:41 pm

wonder_kid wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I think i can count his kicks on one hand (but i was too busy yapping and nursing my beam cans to really notice ;) )

Having said that - after the game all the guys were saying how much they wanted bag on him out on the field but they simply couldn't because he was THAT nice a guy.

He said he was encouraging blokes and praising BOTH sides when they did good..

Didn't begrudge anyone who wanted a chat and to shake his hand after the game - there is nothing obnoxious about this bloke at all and I seriously think he was just happy to run around out there and not get in the way too much. .Kenilworth have picked up a winner here.

Well done to them.

yeah would have had 15-20 touches but his pressure was good didn't dominate was just flashy not sure if he's playing any more games tho he is going back to wa to pack up and move back here in a couple weeks!

was a great game of footy tho hv looked like they were going to kick away early then the kooks fought back in the 2nd , a lot of missed opportunities in the 3rd saw hv with a decent lead at 3 qtr time. then that last qtr tho was amazing footy ebbed and flowed both teams having their moment to win the game Leon nearly kicked a miracle goal from the pocket as well. best Kenilworth have played this year hopefully we are turning the corner!

b grade went as I figured it would very depleted atm but was good to see the b graders that went up contribute in the a grade because that's what a club is about. well done hv a very polished b grade team and the best so far this year very much like gg last year ,move the footy well very disciplined and run all day looking forward to seeing the scores when you play sails and nh!

Seems to be a common theme for us this year
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Magpies Nest » Thu May 21, 2015 8:22 am

It's been pretty quite on the Div 4 thread this week, so let's get the ball rolling...

Six rounds in, and the ladder is starting to taking shape. With Hope Valley sitting in 6th and still to play the top two teams in the first round, it seems the top 5 will be reasonably hard to unsettle, with Westminster appearing to be the only vulnerable side in the upper echelon.

Any bold predictions for the rest of the season? Any movers & shakers on the ladder (upwards or down)?
Magpies Nest
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Failed Creation » Thu May 21, 2015 8:56 am

I think it will take a lot to unseat North Haven and Salisbury at the head of the table.

I expected more of a contest from Westminster OS last weekend, and if it wasn't for a mini-comeback by the Dragons in the last quarter, the scorecard would've reflected that.

I haven't seen Eastern Park this season, but I expect it would be there at the business end of the season, along with Kilburn.

The final spot in the Top 5 looks to be a two or three-way battle between Westminster OS, Hope Valley and Pooraka. I guess we'll know more at the halfway mark.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Boosh » Thu May 21, 2015 9:12 am

Failed Creation wrote:I think it will take a lot to unseat North Haven and Salisbury at the head of the table.

I expected more of a contest from Westminster OS last weekend, and if it wasn't for a mini-comeback by the Dragons in the last quarter, the scorecard would've reflected that.

I haven't seen Eastern Park this season, but I expect it would be there at the business end of the season, along with Kilburn.

The final spot in the Top 5 looks to be a two or three-way battle between Westminster OS, Hope Valley and Pooraka. I guess we'll know more at the halfway mark.

Agreed, it's a bit early for predictions. North Haven play Eastern Park this week which will be very interesting to see where both sides are at.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Failed Creation » Thu May 21, 2015 9:34 am

Boosh wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:I think it will take a lot to unseat North Haven and Salisbury at the head of the table.

Agreed, it's a bit early for predictions. North Haven play Eastern Park this week which will be very interesting to see where both sides are at.

We've got Glenunga at home, Kenilworth away, and Eastern Park at home in the next three weeks, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby wonder_kid » Thu May 21, 2015 11:41 am

you would think its pretty settled unless ep and Kilburn get mass injuries with their b grade being so bad they could fall away pretty quickly haven't seen sails yet but them and nh look like the teams to beat at this stage time will tell I guess! im glad sails are doing well this year shows the massive jump from div 4 to div 3
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Failed Creation » Thu May 21, 2015 1:50 pm

wonder_kid wrote:you would think its pretty settled unless ep and Kilburn get mass injuries with their b grade being so bad they could fall away pretty quickly haven't seen sails yet but them and nh look like the teams to beat at this stage time will tell I guess! im glad sails are doing well this year shows the massive jump from div 4 to div 3

I know Kilburn has played the last couple of weeks at less than full strength, with McCallum, Levy, Howson, Urbancic, Cutting and Schapel all spending time on the sidelines. however, this has given players like Tripp, Colson, Wilson, Bigg and Savage an opportunity.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Failed Creation wrote:[ know Kilburn has played the last couple of weeks at less than full strength, with McCallum, Levy, Howson, Urbancic, Cutting and Schapel all spending time on the sidelines. however, this has given players like Tripp, Colson, Wilson, Bigg and Savage an opportunity.

Come on lets be serious, most of these players getting opportunity have A grade experience anyway and wouldn't really be out of depth stepping up.. what's below this group thought? Not much.

Trae Milera was the best player Kilburn 'B' grade had the other week, and he's still only a kid, past that there are a lot of blokes either not up to it or past it.. Club cant afford too many injuries, and rely heavily on the top 25-30 players it's as simple as that.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4006 times

Postby Failed Creation » Thu May 21, 2015 2:08 pm

Zartan wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:[ know Kilburn has played the last couple of weeks at less than full strength, with McCallum, Levy, Howson, Urbancic, Cutting and Schapel all spending time on the sidelines. however, this has given players like Tripp, Colson, Wilson, Bigg and Savage an opportunity.

Come on lets be serious, most of these players getting opportunity have A grade experience anyway and wouldn't really be out of depth stepping up.. what's below this group thought? Not much.

Trae Milera was the best player Kilburn 'B' grade had the other week, and he's still only a kid, past that there are a lot of blokes either not up to it or past it.. Club cant afford too many injuries, and rely heavily on the top 25-30 players it's as simple as that.

I agree with you, but although they do have A Grade experience, they might not be considered 'first-choice' players.

You're dead right about the depth, and we will struggle if too many of our key players are out.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby jo172 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Realistically every club in the League will struggle with 10 of their best 30 out, such is the gap between most reserve grade and senior grade comps. Granted Kilburn may struggle more than Goodwood may though.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Pag » Sun May 24, 2015 10:10 pm

Cheers to the Hope Valley lads who came in for a beer after the game. Better side than the ladder suggests IMO.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 25, 2015 11:37 am

Hmm see Byron Mordant and the Salisbury 18's into some mischief once again.. be interesting to see if the club cops the same type of sanctions as lower division clubs such as Smithfield & Ingle Farm..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon May 25, 2015 11:40 am

Zartan wrote:Hmm see Byron Mordant and the Salisbury 18's into some mischief once again.. be interesting to see if the club cops the same type of sanctions as lower division clubs such as Smithfield & Ingle Farm..

if they had trouble yesterday thats 3 weeks in a row
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby jo172 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:59 am

Zartan wrote:Hmm see Byron Mordant and the Salisbury 18's into some mischief once again.. be interesting to see if the club cops the same type of sanctions as lower division clubs such as Smithfield & Ingle Farm..

I thought they were suspended this week?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 25, 2015 12:23 pm

I thought the coach was suspended until 2017 (or maybe I read wrong) ? If that's not a big sanction, I"m not sure what is!
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 25, 2015 12:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I thought the coach was suspended until 2017 (or maybe I read wrong) ? If that's not a big sanction, I"m not sure what is!

..and so he should given his record.

I want to know what club imposed sanctions and penalities though - suspending the coach for 18 months or what ever it is doesnt cut it..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Pag » Mon May 25, 2015 2:06 pm

Zartan wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I thought the coach was suspended until 2017 (or maybe I read wrong) ? If that's not a big sanction, I"m not sure what is!

..and so he should given his record.

I want to know what club imposed sanctions and penalities though - suspending the coach for 18 months or what ever it is doesnt cut it..

The coach now has no affiliation with the Salisbury Football Club, and will not in the future, league suspension or no league suspension.

Our Under 18s did not play yesterday, and will not play again next week. The club has until the long weekend to find a suitable coach, if it decides it wants to continue on with the team.

Just because you want to know what the league has put in place, doesn't mean I'm going to make it public for you. We are working under conditions with the league, however our tribunal record in the seniors over the past five years has been good, it has been the Under 18 grade that the club has had issues with, which may have helped.

I'd like to think our club has a pretty good reputation within the league, and we're making sure a blemish from a coach doesn't tarnish that going forward.

I can't/won't really comment too much more.
Last edited by Pag on Mon May 25, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby jo172 » Mon May 25, 2015 2:10 pm

I also assume Salisbury were smart enough not to send their Tribunal Delegate up to sledge the Tribunal members. That's the kind of thing that backfires for clubs ;)
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 25, 2015 2:30 pm

I'm just stirring Pag ;) The Salisbury situation in no way affects me nor is any of my business.

Bimmo is a fair twat though 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 2:31 pm

Zartan wrote:I'm just stirring Pag ;) The Salisbury situation in no way affects me nor is any of my business.

Bimmo is a fair twat though 8)

Not a dark one?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7929 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League