Unley Mercedes Jets
6%
Walkerville
6%

Total votes : 69

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:13 pm

bird of prey wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:haha, I remember that - I didn't even hear Jars mention it on the way home from work today either.

Don't deny that Gaza wouldn't become his new home if he decided to play footy this year though.

He's being chased by every sanfl club. My money would be on one of those winning out.....

If its money he is after he wont be playing SANFL
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bird of prey » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:59 pm

Jim05 wrote:
bird of prey wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:haha, I remember that - I didn't even hear Jars mention it on the way home from work today either.

Don't deny that Gaza wouldn't become his new home if he decided to play footy this year though.

He's being chased by every sanfl club. My money would be on one of those winning out.....

If its money he is after he wont be playing SANFL

If it's money he is after, he'd be playing afl.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Walkerville Whyalla Football League Marshall, Fraser

Pretty big out for Walkies
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:43 am

Tomorrows Scotch v SMOSH clash is going to be a very emotional affair, with the announcement of the passing of SMOSH club legend John "John Boy" Moody.

You must've be a legend to have a scoreboard named after you whilst you were still alive.

We interviewed him on the Roots a couple of years back - a lovely and unassuming man who loved his club.

Condolences to his family and his SMOSH West Lakes family - @Cohiba :(
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Cohiba » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:09 am

Footy Chick wrote:Tomorrows Scotch v SMOSH clash is going to be a very emotional affair, with the announcement of the passing of SMOSH club legend John "John Boy" Moody.

You must've be a legend to have a scoreboard named after you whilst you were still alive.

We interviewed him on the Roots a couple of years back - a lovely and unassuming man who loved his club.

Thank you Lisa.......

The Club is devastated with Johnboy's passing.......It's unfathomable to think as our young men take the field that he will not be there.....He was in the very true sense and with great affection a "Lion" looking out for his Cubs. Universally respected throughout the competition his loss for family and his friends will be with us a very long time. I'm heartbroken by his passing...The Club and it's people was his life.......
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby JK » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:29 pm

All clubs need selfless volunteers like Johnboy - The lucky ones get them. Loved by everyone involved with Semaphore Park, West Lakes & SMOSH, he's simply irreplaceable. Best of luck to the lads tomorrow!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:58 pm

Had the pleasure of playing against John back in the SAFA days when they were known as West Lakes.

A longtime stalwart of the club A true Gentlemen who will be sadly missed by the SAAFL Community
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:46 am

Cohiba wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Tomorrows Scotch v SMOSH clash is going to be a very emotional affair, with the announcement of the passing of SMOSH club legend John "John Boy" Moody.

Thank you Lisa.......

The Club is devastated with Johnboy's passing.......It's unfathomable to think as our young men take the field that he will not be there.....He was in the very true sense and with great affection a "Lion" looking out for his Cubs. Universally respected throughout the competition his loss for family and his friends will be with us a very long time. I'm heartbroken by his passing...The Club and it's people was his life.......

As a visiting player at the Den for the early game tomorrow I will have a chat to the coach, captain and manager and have no doubt we would be more than happy to observe any pre game remembrance your club wishes to observe for the late great legend of your club.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby locky801 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:15 am

Big wins for the two new comers to Div 2, going to be a very interesting season here I think
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3714 times
Been liked: 1171 times

Postby catchisthecry » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:41 am

Yep, Great start for the Jets in Div 2.
Warky an absolute gun.
catchisthecry
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby jo172 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:01 pm

catchisthecry wrote:Yep, Great start for the Jets in Div 2.
Warky an absolute gun.

Not to take anything away from the Jets who are a very talented well coached bunch, but this result is also interesting as it continues the pattern we've seen over the last 2-3 years where the gap between the top three divisions of Amateur Football are a lot closer together than they've previously been.

Can see that with the success of Portland/PNU/Scotch and now Unley on the way up, and similarly with PHOS/EP/PNU on the way down.

Interesting times
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Cohiba » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:46 pm

jo172 wrote:
Warky an absolute gun.

Not to take anything away from the Jets who are a very talented well coached bunch, but this result is also interesting as it continues the pattern we've seen over the last 2-3 years where the gap between the top three divisions of Amateur Football are a lot closer together than they've previously been.

Can see that with the success of Portland/PNU/Scotch and now Unley on the way up, and similarly with PHOS/EP/PNU on the way down.

Interesting times

I'm a bit confused Jo172.....PNU on the way up and down in the same breath..... ;)
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Cohiba » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Many thanks to the Scotch OC Club for participating with us at the conclusion of the Reserves Game to have both the A's and B's form a guard of honour converging at point where a Gatorade Orange "bucket" was placed to symbolically to acknowledge and honour the passing of SMOSH West Lakes legend Rodney "Johnboy" Moody with a minutes silence.

With all the passion, emotion and best will in the world the game did not go as we might have hope and it was both Scotch teams that prevailed on the day, and deservedly so.....

IMO their Senior side in particular put on a display of team football that was sublime and their football skills hard not envy. Yes its only one game, but if that's their game plan I would be hard pressed not think they wouldn't be there come the business end of the season.

For our lads some soul searching and some hard work are ahead of them if they are going to keep pace at all given the standard of the Div 2 competition especially given the winning margins of the winners.
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Jetters » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:15 pm

jo172 wrote:
Warky an absolute gun.

Interesting times

I think there is an absolute gulf at the moment between div 3 and 4.

Going up a couple of divisions I've been surprised by how much the standard of the reserve grade has improved. People from lower divisions would be surprised how strong higher division reserve grades are compared with 'A' grades just a couple of divs below. I think our 2's this year would have beaten our 1s when we were mid Div 4.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Jetters » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:17 pm

Warky an absolute gun.

Great start off the field as well, putting on the undisputed best annual Ladies Day in the SAAFL
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Pag » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:39 am

Jetters wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Warky an absolute gun.

Interesting times

I think there is an absolute gulf at the moment between div 3 and 4.

Going up a couple of divisions I've been surprised by how much the standard of the reserve grade has improved. People from lower divisions would be surprised how strong higher division reserve grades are compared with 'A' grades just a couple of divs below. I think our 2's this year would have beaten our 1s when we were mid Div 4.

Agree with this one Jetters, and IMO the gulf is continuing to get bigger.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby catchisthecry » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:22 am

What posi did P Cahill play?
2nd best with no goals..
catchisthecry
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Cohiba » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:06 am

catchisthecry wrote:What posi did P Cahill play?
2nd best with no goals..

Actually he was 4th best and I can't recall that he caught the eye at any stage.
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:11 am

Jetters wrote:
Warky an absolute gun.

Great start off the field as well, putting on the undisputed best annual Ladies Day in the SAAFL

No wonder Warky had a big day :lol:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Cohiba » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:27 pm

Massive turnout to farewell a much loved member our football family today. Past players and friends from old clubs Semaphore Park, and West Lakes to the present day SMOSH West Lakes as well as people from the wider SAAFL community, the West Lakes Social Club and the Henley and Grange Baseball Clubs turned out en masse to pay their final respects. The memorial service concluded with a fitting tribute when the cortege did a lap on honour pausing at the scoreboard that proudly bears his name to the singing of our Club song was fitting end to an emotional day for all those in attendance....A life well lived, and memories that will endure forever more to those who new Rodney "Johnboy" Moody.
Cohiba
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League