No votes
Salisbury
11%
Westminster OS
14%

Total votes : 85

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Postby number2 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:48 pm

hahaha sorry mate for that I know the Sharks have won a few this year Sharks. What are kangy? The Roos or the double blues.
number2

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby wonder_kid » Tue May 10, 2016 2:59 pm

Double blues mate
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Vincent Vega » Tue May 10, 2016 5:19 pm

Kenilworth in Big Strife at the moment. Not a lot going there way and not much good on the horizon.

i know the club would be disappointed to get relegated but looks most likely that they will unless they can turn things around in a hurry.

maybe they should do a Salisbury and be a big Fish in a small pond by asking to stay in Div 5 no matter where they finish instead of going up a division when they are successful!
Vincent Vega

Been liked: 1 time

Postby number2 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Yep the kookaburras looking very average so far this year. Hopefully get a few back from injury over the next week or so and start to put some better performances together in the near future.
number2

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue May 10, 2016 6:26 pm

I've never heard in 30 years Kenilworth being referred to as a "Big Fish" . We've been flogged a few times this year and had some rough days. Internally we know the task at hand, no point denying it. We have a club with plenty of good people on and off the field and we'll keep at it. The scoreboard doesn't lie.

Good comp this year. Eastern Park on the weekend would account for Kilburn, Salisbury and North Haven teams I saw last year in my own opinion. Their foot skills were pretty sharp.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby S Demon » Wed May 11, 2016 9:22 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I've never heard in 30 years Kenilworth being referred to as a "Big Fish" . We've been flogged a few times this year and had some rough days. Internally we know the task at hand, no point denying it. We have a club with plenty of good people on and off the field and we'll keep at it. The scoreboard doesn't lie.

Good comp this year. Eastern Park on the weekend would account for Kilburn, Salisbury and North Haven teams I saw last year in my own opinion. Their foot skills were pretty sharp.

I reckon Vincent Vega was more having a crack at Salisbury rather than Kenilworth, LK
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby zedman » Wed May 11, 2016 9:40 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I've never heard in 30 years Kenilworth being referred to as a "Big Fish" . We've been flogged a few times this year and had some rough days. Internally we know the task at hand, no point denying it. We have a club with plenty of good people on and off the field and we'll keep at it. The scoreboard doesn't lie.

aint that the truth LK!..hang in there mate..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1081 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Vincent Vega » Wed May 11, 2016 3:10 pm

Sorry LK if my post didn't come across right. I was not having a go at Kenilworth it was more of a dig at Salisbury. Div 4 this year has some very good sides in it and Kenilworth aren't one of them ( the ladder doesn't lie)
Vincent Vega

Been liked: 1 time

Postby number2 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:20 pm

I heard from a very good source that some players (A and B grade) are not happy with the coaching set up at Kenilworth this year. Could we have a Para Hills like issue next year with KFC?
number2

Postby wonder_kid » Wed May 11, 2016 4:12 pm

number2 wrote:

I heard from a very good source that some players (A and B grade) are not happy with the coaching set up at Kenilworth this year. Could we have a Para Hills like issue next year with KFC?

interesting number 2 coaches cant please everyone unfortuneatly!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby number2 » Wed May 11, 2016 4:45 pm

wonder_kid wrote:
number2 wrote:

Correct Wonder_kid. I was just posting some info i had been given.
In my opinion you need to have more on your side than against you so i just wonder what the numbers are like in this case!
number2

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed May 11, 2016 7:12 pm

The things I have learned in senior footy over the years is that if you win some games of footy it's amazing how these issues slowly get quieter. I heard and personally saw people that had issues with coaches when I was in teams that won flags, no point putting that on forums because you get laughed at. Looks better reading when you're not winning though.

The end of the day I get on pretty well with all leaders in the 3 senior sides we have and whilst they are heavily frustrated as we all are, I know they are on-side with the coaches. These leaders represent our club very well internally and lead by example off the field too. We have had it pretty good for a while now and over the last 5-6 years we have been as successful as any club in our immediate area. We are having it tough at the moment and need to turn it around. Proof is in the pudding, we will end up where we deserve at seasons end. Opinions, talk mean **** all really, performance is the key.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times

Postby wonder_kid » Wed May 11, 2016 8:44 pm

Well lk your post is good but this is a forum where people have an opinion !! Rumours are just rumours but they all start from somewhere! Number 2 never said the leaders didnt like the coaches he said some players . I would think at every club there would be players who dont like the coaches as a coach its about gaining respect thats important. Players can still respect a coach even if he doesnt like him. As a player i didnt like some of my coaches but i wtill tried to do everything i could for the team regardless of my like or dislike of my coach!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby number2 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:06 am

LK in response to your post winning doesn't solve the issues it papers over them for a while. People not liking a coach in successful years is usually due to said player not getting a game and missing out on a premiership so they get annoyed. What we are talking about here is different as KFC aren't winning games. Wonder_Kid is correct in saying that you don't need to like the coach but you do need to respect him and maybe that is missing this year.

I agree that KFC have had a relatively successful few years coming from Div 6 up to Div 4 and holding their spot. What i would think is that after making div 4 and staying up, that relegation in a 9 team comp where only 1 team goes down should not be an option for a team that missed finals by 1 game last year

As Wonder_Kid says this is all opinion based and my opinions are formed from what i have heard.
number2

Postby Bluedemon » Thu May 12, 2016 11:07 am

number2 wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:
number2 wrote:

In my opinion you need to have more on your side than against you so i just wonder what the numbers are like in this case!

hey number 2, who had given you that info?
I would be very interested to hear more from you about this.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Bluedemon » Thu May 12, 2016 11:07 am

wonder_kid wrote:Well lk your post is good but this is a forum where people have an opinion !! Rumours are just rumours but they all start from somewhere! Number 2 never said the leaders didnt like the coaches he said some players . I would think at every club there would be players who dont like the coaches as a coach its about gaining respect thats important. Players can still respect a coach even if he doesnt like him. As a player i didnt like some of my coaches but i wtill tried to do everything i could for the team regardless of my like or dislike of my coach!

hey wonderkid, how is everything going up at Kangas?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby number2 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:57 pm

I heard from a very good source that some players (A and B grade) are not happy with the coaching set up at Kenilworth this year. Could we have a Para Hills like issue next year with KFC?[/quote]

interesting number 2 coaches cant please everyone unfortuneatly![/quote]

In my opinion you need to have more on your side than against you so i just wonder what the numbers are like in this case![/quote]

hey number 2, who had given you that info?
I would be very interested to hear more from you about this.[/quote]

Bluedemon i have been spoken to in confidence and wont be naming people who told me these things. I believe it is a discussion point as it is information i have heard about a Div 4 club and this is the Div 4 forum.
number2

Postby twobob » Thu May 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Number 2 your rumour must have some weight to it as i was only talking to someone from within the Kookas this morning and they were saying very much the same thing. I'm sure Schultzy will sort it very quickly
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 12, 2016 2:10 pm

twobob wrote:Number 2 your rumour must have some weight to it as i was only talking to someone from within the Kookas this morning and they were saying very much the same thing. I'm sure Schultzy will sort it very quickly

So "twobob" and "number 2" are siding together?

There seems to be a common theme?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7945 times

Postby wonder_kid » Thu May 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:Well lk your post is good but this is a forum where people have an opinion !! Rumours are just rumours but they all start from somewhere! Number 2 never said the leaders didnt like the coaches he said some players . I would think at every club there would be players who dont like the coaches as a coach its about gaining respect thats important. Players can still respect a coach even if he doesnt like him. As a player i didnt like some of my coaches but i wtill tried to do everything i could for the team regardless of my like or dislike of my coach!

hey wonderkid, how is everything going up at Kangas?

We are on a long hard road back to success just like the kooks were when i arrived in 2010 cant change a losing culture overnight ! Processes are in place. Enjoying country footy tho its different to the saafl for sure
wonder_kid
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League