5%
Sacred Heart OC
28%
Tea Tree Gully
2%

Total votes : 150

Re: SAAFL Div 7 & Div 7R (2011)

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:00 pm

Moving on from "Glenunga F.C featuring div7" ...

Ingle Farm begin pre-season tomorrow night, will be interesting to see the turn out, and to see what the new fitness coach brings to the table.
IMO its good to see Ingle Farm taking a step forward in professionalism with a full committee, coaching staff and fitness coach. The foundation is now in place..

Have heard rumors though that several A graders from next season will not be returning.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Moving on from "Glenunga F.C featuring div7" ...

Ingle Farm begin pre-season tomorrow night, will be interesting to see the turn out, and to see what the new fitness coach brings to the table.
IMO its good to see Ingle Farm taking a step forward in professionalism with a full committee, coaching staff and fitness coach. The foundation is now in place..

Have heard rumors though that several A graders from next season will not be returning.

New fitness coach will whip you into line PG....turn you into a running machine.

Not sure if any of last year's A Grade players are not returning, but one thing is for sure......Ingle Farm will not be in trouble with the new points system.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby interested observer » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:32 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

New fitness coach will whip you into line PG....turn you into a running machine.

Not sure if any of last year's A Grade players are not returning, but one thing is for sure......Ingle Farm will not be in trouble with the new points system.

We will get them fit dodging cricket balls on a Wednesday night... :lol:
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby zedman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:06 pm

whos gone PG?
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1086 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Riddler » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:30 pm

zedman wrote:

whos gone PG?

Ryan Tremain & all of the Hawsworth Boys :ympray: :)
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby BFG » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:35 pm

The Riddler wrote:
zedman wrote:

whos gone PG?

haha would be very surprised, that crew was just about the only thing that stood between ingle farm losing by 5 goals and 30 at some stages last year.
good luck to the club in 2011 i will give them credit for not giving up at any stage last year and im sure if they all stick at it we'll see them back up soon
BFG
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby zedman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:37 pm

The Riddler wrote:
zedman wrote:

whos gone PG?

:)

there are hawksworth girls to you know :P
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1086 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby KingCarey » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:41 pm

Brayman19 wrote:
newbloke wrote:So am i reading this right! Every A grade player at Glenunga gets paid a set amount?

I think they are saying that after each game every player gets rated on there performance and best would get the most and the worst would get the least... That would course some conflict one would think on a saturday night :shock:

Only for a win. Last season was best 7 get certain amounts, and other 14 all get base amount(lowest).
KingCarey
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:39 pm

zedman wrote:whos gone PG?

A handfull of handy B graders are leaving and i've heard Ryan Tremain is also moving on, seeking to play at a higher level.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:New fitness coach will whip you into line PG....turn you into a running machine.

:-s x_x hmm maybe im just gonna be a big fat full forward, modelled on plugga lockett :D ... only without the talent :P
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Farmer Hughesy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Have heard the new B grade coach is bringing about 4 new players out all apparently around 6ft 4..... but weather this is true we will see... IMO i think if we can keep most of the team we had last yr and a bit of height we will go alright this yr AS LONG as we get FIT as i think in a lot of our games our fitness really hurt us... but time will tell i guess!!!
Farmer Hughesy

Postby Perfect Drug » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Farmer Hughesy wrote:Have heard the new B grade coach is bringing about 4 new players out all apparently around 6ft 4..... but weather this is true we will see... IMO i think if we can keep most of the team we had last yr and a bit of height we will go alright this yr AS LONG as we get FIT as i think in a lot of our games our fitness really hurt us... but time will tell i guess!!!

And full of muscle?

Sorry, had to do it
Perfect Drug
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:31 am

Farmer Hughesy wrote:Have heard the new B grade coach is bringing about 4 new players out all apparently around 6ft 4..... but weather this is true we will see... IMO i think if we can keep most of the team we had last yr and a bit of height we will go alright this yr AS LONG as we get FIT as i think in a lot of our games our fitness really hurt us... but time will tell i guess!!!

:roll: everytime someone says they bringing players they always 6'4", always gun footballers, always solid. Ill believe it when i see it. :roll:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Riddler » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:36 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

:roll: everytime someone says they bringing players they always 6'4", always gun footballers, always solid. Ill believe it when i see it. :roll:

Who's coaching the B grade at Ingle Farm this year?
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:48 am

A grade
Coach: David Payne
Ass Coaches: Lester Ross, Grant Hawkesworth
Fitness Coach: Kym Larcombe

B grade
Coach: Paul Buczka

C grade
Brenton Hurst

18s
Wayne Green
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:37 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
zedman wrote:whos gone PG?

A handfull of handy B graders are leaving and i've heard Ryan Tremain is also moving on, seeking to play at a higher level.

No disrespect, but not sure Ryan knows what he is doing tomorrow, so I doubt he knows where he is playing foooty next year. I'm tipping he'll stay at the Farm. There was talk about Josh Hawk not playing - wants to concentrate on being a Rock Star. You'd understand that wouldn't you PG
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:43 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:No disrespect, but not sure Ryan knows what he is doing tomorrow, so I doubt he knows where he is playing foooty next year. I'm tipping he'll stay at the Farm. There was talk about Josh Hawk not playing - wants to concentrate on being a Rock Star. You'd understand that wouldn't you PG

:lol: very clever Senor ;) yeah your right about Ryan haha! i guess only time will tell...
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:04 pm

If the rumours are true and Glenunga have recruited numerous ex-Fitzroy Div 4 A-Grade players then I for one will be disappointed and it will only further emphasise the requirement of the SAAFL to implement some sort of player movement management system. Whether it be points per year, number of divisions players are able to leap, whatever, something needs to be done to ensure the integrity of the lower competitions.

We are playing Division 7 football and I don't think it is unreasonable to rock up on a Saturday and expect to be playing other Div 7 (or thereabouts) footballers.

Every team would have players in their side that could play much higher, including Mitchell Park, but I would also suggest most of those players are dyed in the wool club people, rather than ring ins or mercenaries.

Every club would also like to move up the ranks and improve themselves via recruitment. I am not arguing against that. I am arguing against clubs rotting at the foundations of others and in turn creating an unbalanced football year.

Not sure if this is just a recent trend but we are seeing more of this money and immediate results driven culture creep down the divisions of amateur football. Every year it seems to get worse and worse with players jumping ship and moving all over the place either following mates or following money. In my opinion it erodes into the values that I thought amateur football was all about.

Good luck to Glenunga. They are a good club and we have had some fierce battles (and some shellackings) against them. I just hope the people being recruited have the interests of the Glenunga Football club at heart.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby DKL » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:27 pm

morell wrote:If the rumours are true and Glenunga have recruited numerous ex-Fitzroy Div 4 A-Grade players then I for one will be disappointed and it will only further emphasise the requirement of the SAAFL to implement some sort of player movement management system. Whether it be points per year, number of divisions players are able to leap, whatever, something needs to be done to ensure the integrity of the lower competitions.

We are playing Division 7 football and I don't think it is unreasonable to rock up on a Saturday and expect to be playing other Div 7 (or thereabouts) footballers.

Every team would have players in their side that could play much higher, including Mitchell Park, but I would also suggest most of those players are dyed in the wool club people, rather than ring ins or mercenaries.

Every club would also like to move up the ranks and improve themselves via recruitment. I am not arguing against that. I am arguing against clubs rotting at the foundations of others and in turn creating an unbalanced football year.

Not sure if this is just a recent trend but we are seeing more of this money and immediate results driven culture creep down the divisions of amateur football. Every year it seems to get worse and worse with players jumping ship and moving all over the place either following mates or following money. In my opinion it erodes into the values that I thought amateur football was all about.

Good luck to Glenunga. They are a good club and we have had some fierce battles (and some shellackings) against them. I just hope the people being recruited have the interests of the Glenunga Football club at heart.

Well Said
DKL
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby dee man » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:14 am

morell wrote:If the rumours are true and Glenunga have recruited numerous ex-Fitzroy Div 4 A-Grade players then I for one will be disappointed and it will only further emphasise the requirement of the SAAFL to implement some sort of player movement management system. Whether it be points per year, number of divisions players are able to leap, whatever, something needs to be done to ensure the integrity of the lower competitions.

GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN MY FRIEND
I BELIEVE I HAVE BEEN SAYING AND WRITING THIS SAME THING FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS ONLY TO GET TOLD THAT I HAVE NO IDEA.HOPE PEOPLE START TO TAKE NOTICE.SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITOLS BUT THREW MY KEYBOARD YESTERDAY AND A FEW THINGS NOW NOT RIGHT WITH COMPUTER
we stand as one
we fight as one
we win and lose as one
we are one
dee man
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 8 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League