Angle Vale
16%
Flinders Uni
9%

Total votes : 101

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2013

Postby marbles » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:16 pm

im sick of all this going up not going up crap

for discussion sake how bout we explore the option of seperating A-Grade sides from C-grade sides, what would the pros-cons be

div 6....
drop adelaide uni to c-grade div 8 league, so div 6 has 8 sides

Div 7....

Ingle Farm
houghton
angle vale
north pines
smithfield
flinders uni
wingfield
# a team missing here# who could fill this role??????

div 8....
adelaide uni (current div 6)
ttg
henley
flinders park
modbury
sacred heart
smosh
broadview
pac
golden grove
salisbury

surplus sides
whatever teams kept causing forfiets should drop their D-Grades and play in single C-Division

would u be for it or against????
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Pag » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 pm

marbles wrote:im sick of all this going up not going up crap

for discussion sake how bout we explore the option of seperating A-Grade sides from C-grade sides, what would the pros-cons be

div 6....
drop adelaide uni to c-grade div 8 league, so div 6 has 8 sides

Div 7....

Ingle Farm
houghton
angle vale
north pines
smithfield
flinders uni
wingfield
# a team missing here# who could fill this role??????

div 8....
adelaide uni (current div 6)
ttg
henley
flinders park
modbury
sacred heart
smosh
broadview
pac
golden grove
salisbury

surplus sides
whatever teams kept causing forfiets should drop their D-Grades and play in single C-Division

would u be for it or against????
Adelaide Uni already had a team in Div 8/8R this year.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I think it works well as it is at the moment, will be interesting to see if Broadview/SMOSH get promoted from D8 to D7.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby morell » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:22 pm

I like it marby, but I reckon you would see some pretty lop sided results in your Div 8. Adelaide Uni in an absolute canter.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Yank Man wrote:One week at a time though and maybe we need to have stuctures in place to cover the inevitable if we get good enough, or we will be a Div 6/7 club forever. Which ain't that bad as long as we are having fun and are competitive.
Well put Yank and I agree.

There is a bit of cynicism and elitism about in the amateur football circles in regards to the lower divisions and to be honest it shits me! Nothing wrong with playing in Div 5, 6, 7 or 8 if that is where the demographic of ones club fits and it's where you can have the most success and fun.

There is such a thing as unsustainable growth in economics and I think the same could be said for football. Seen it time after time where clubs spend up big, bring in the mercenaries, get some hired guns, go OK for a few seasons and then when the money dries up or there is a better offer the club plummets into obscurity.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby marbles » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:12 pm

Pag wrote:Adelaide Uni already had a team in Div 8/8R this year.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I think it works well as it is at the moment, will be interesting to see if Broadview/SMOSH get promoted from D8 to D7.

err but it is broken

the last 3 c-grade sides who when have had a choice have all chosen to stay down; henley 2008, shoc 2011, ttg 2012
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby old farmer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:20 pm

marbles wrote:

err but it is broken

the last 3 c-grade sides who when have had a choice have all chosen to stay down; henley 2008, shoc 2011, ttg 2012

I like your idea and of course it is broke, 3 C grade teams in a row don't want to go up and your looking at leaving the bottom side in div 6 or promote the 4th team from div 7.....Well Hello!!!!!
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby lutz » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:37 pm

The current sytem is fine imo. Imagine if SHOC played in D6 this year!
Old Farmer and Marbles, how do you think the likes of Golden Grove and Salisbury's C grades will go against TTG, Henley, and Uni??
Or Wingfield and and Flinders Uni against Ingle Farm and Houghton (arguably this may happen anyway)

I think the system is fine the way it is now, the strength of C grade sides are so unpredictable from week to week let alone season to season. Maybe the problem isn't with the system, but with clubs like Angle Vale and North Pines.
(Personally I think both sides have come a long way the last few seasons, and AV in particular is close to getting promotion.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby zedman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:57 pm

old farmer wrote:
marbles wrote:

err but it is broken

I like your idea and of course it is broke, 3 C grade teams in a row don't want to go up and your looking at leaving the bottom side in div 6 or promote the 4th team from div 7.....Well Hello!!!!!

you really think IFFC should have its 3rd chance of staying up? 2011 you got rescued, 2012 you doubled up on the rescues and the league didnt press the "one time to be saved" rule and now you want that again? doesnt really sound fair..just saying..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Gatt_Weasel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:22 pm

zedman wrote:
old farmer wrote:
marbles wrote:

err but it is broken

you really think IFFC should have its 3rd chance of staying up? 2011 you got rescued, 2012 you doubled up on the rescues and the league didnt press the "one time to be saved" rule and now you want that again? doesnt really sound fair..just saying..

you cant blame ingle farm they are only using the system that was put in place if SAAFL wanna let clubs in div 8 and div 7 abuse a system when they win a flag...... then why cant ingle farm use it to benefit themselves and stay up a div
Gatt_Weasel
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Wayback

Postby zedman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:33 pm

because if you did your homework and you read my post you would understand they have been saved twice already and its only meant to happen once..this would be the 3rd time in a row..

Either of the Member Clubs playing in the Grand Final may choose not to be promoted in the following season provided that such an option has not been exercised by that Member Club in the previous season and that a Member Club occupying either of the lowest two positions on the premiership table at the end of the minor round of matches in the Division above the Member Clubs to be promoted chooses to remain in the same Division for the following season provided such Member Club has not exercised this option in the previous season.
zedman
Coach

Postby Gatt_Weasel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:53 pm

zedman wrote:because if you did your homework and you read my post you would understand they have been saved twice already and its only meant to happen once..this would be the 3rd time in a row..

Either of the Member Clubs playing in the Grand Final may choose not to be promoted in the following season provided that such an option has not been exercised by that Member Club in the previous season and that a Member Club occupying either of the lowest two positions on the premiership table at the end of the minor round of matches in the Division above the Member Clubs to be promoted chooses to remain in the same Division for the following season provided such Member Club has not exercised this option in the previous season.

that rule does not mean anything to ingle farm if they finished second to bottom for the next tens years and lets say for 10 years one club each year does not wanna go up then they should stay
Gatt_Weasel
Under 18s

Postby old farmer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Stop crying Z. Got nothing to do with you what i said

My point is We are not asking to stay up, TTG are asking to stay down. Why should we suffer??? I know the stupid SAAFL rule and thats fine, so lets get rid of A grade teams playing C&D grade teams FFS and stop all this sh*tt once and for all.
BTW, we have never exercised any option, it has always been the other team using thier option and 1 year it was due to a team folding i think....Lets wait and see what pans out again.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby zedman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Gatt_Weasel wrote:
zedman wrote:because if you did your homework and you read my post you would understand they have been saved twice already and its only meant to happen once..this would be the 3rd time in a row..

that rule does not mean anything to ingle farm if they finished second to bottom for the next tens years and lets say for 10 years one club each year does not wanna go up then they should stay

weasel..your a bit thick i know but try and keep up..they exercised the option the last 2 years, it shouldnt have happened in 2012 as per the rule i highlighted..so this will be the 3rd year they want to stay up after being relegated..what part of that dont you understand? the only reason they are even are contemplating being able to stay up is that they finished 9th not 10th..

whos crying farmer?..sounds like you are..im repeating what the rule says..deal with it..your coach knows where you should be and what will make you stronger..you should listen to him..

i have always supported your club on this forum..and helped wayne as much as i could.. I'm actually on your side..the rules are the rules though..
Last edited by zedman on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zedman
Coach

Postby marbles » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:26 pm

what sides struggled to fill sides in div 8 and caused forfeits??
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby zedman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:31 pm

old farmer wrote:Stop crying Z. Got nothing to do with you what i said

My point is We are not asking to stay up, TTG are asking to stay down. Why should we suffer??? I know the stupid SAAFL rule and thats fine, so lets get rid of A grade teams playing C&D grade teams FFS and stop all this sh*tt once and for all.
BTW, we have never exercised any option, it has always been the other team using thier option and 1 year it was due to a team folding i think....Lets wait and see what pans out again.

From last seasons div 7 thread in october 2011

The Riddler
League - Best 21

Teams:
Norwood
Adelaide Crows
Mawson Lakes

Re: SAAFL Division 7 & D7R (2012)
TOSSER wrote:
If SHOC do stay down I think that means IF stay in Div 6 if that's what they want. Henley finished bottom of Div 6 this year so they will be in Div 7 too.

I think rule states IF can't stay up again after finishing two years in a row in the relegation zone and declining to go down last year.

------

but you did once again play in div 6..so this is the 3rd year..just saying..
zedman
Coach

Postby Gatt_Weasel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:35 pm

thick or not you read out a rule hell i seen a 100 rules by SAAFL get tossed out the window when challenged and this is by far a little matter compared to the others i agree you are correct but im pretty sure ingle farm could argue a case and win if it came down to that
Gatt_Weasel
Under 18s

Postby zedman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Gatt_Weasel wrote:thick or not you read out a rule hell i seen a 100 rules by SAAFL get tossed out the window when challenged and this is by far a little matter compared to the others i agree you are correct but im pretty sure ingle farm could argue a case and win if it came down to that

yes they may well do..and good luck to them if they can get away with it..
zedman
Coach

Postby Animus » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:44 pm

marbles wrote:

err but it is broken

Didn't Adelaide Uni go up to div 6 after 2010?
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby marbles » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Animus wrote:
marbles wrote:

err but it is broken

Didn't Adelaide Uni go up to div 6 after 2010?

Good stuff

Uni being a club that has more teams than 3 clubs put together
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:04 pm

What is everyones fascination with what happens to ingle farm? How does it affect your own club?

Sound like kids sooking because they feel like they're missing out on something!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League