Tea Tree Gully
2%

Total votes : 150

Re: SAAFL Div 7 & Div 7R (2011)

Postby TheAussieBogan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:49 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
DKL wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Rowd072 wrote:Sean Buss again playing alongside Bourke in Div 7 huh...... there is going to be some serious damge done to opposition teams. I can see 18 and 0 W/L coming.....

Glenunga are going to have 1 hell of an A grade next season with all these guys coming from Fitzroy. It really shows how much respect these blokes have for Bourke after playing with him and now wanting him to coach them aswell.

Signing Bourkey, who is an absolute gun and one of these best footballers I've ever played against, as coach last season was a fantastic move. Buss is a huge pick up for them, he's very agile, can take a strong mark and has the ability to kick bags of goals.

Not sure if $$$$ is respect, but if the rumours I'm hearing are true, Glenunga will be the biggest spending Div 7 side since CLG bought all those guns a few years ago. Good Luck to them but with quality of Bourke and co combined with the cattle they're picking up, can't see anyone getting close to them.

I was unaware if it was all for cash or not DKL, still i'm sure one of the reasons why the blokes that are going there are going there because of Bourkey being the coach of the GFC and wanting to play under him. Good luck to them anyway, there bringing in some quality recruits and I hope everything goes well for them.

As much fun as these rumours have been, I figure I will set a few people straight.

1. ALL A grade players receive a payment if and ONLY if they win. These payments range from $100 all the way down to $25.
2. The amount paid depends on where your performance rated. This year only the BOG gets $100.
3. This payment also depends on you attending both training sessions, presentations on Saturday night, attending all GFC functions and being ontime to games in uniform, all infractions cost you a percentage of your match day payment.
4. All players are welcome to come and play with Glenunga, and if you are in a winning A grade game you will receive a payment pending your peformance, which is rated by several people.
5. I spoke to one of the "high priced imports" today in fact, I asked him why is he coming to Glenunga..... and do you guys want to know his answer. Its because we're paying him $50k a year =)) =)) =)) (His real answer was in fact as expected, he wants to play and be coached by a good friend as they have played together before)

valleys07 wrote:
pushing forward wrote:I'm hearing romours of 60-70K being spent at Glenunga

=)) =)) =))

This reaction by Valley07 is the exact reaction many at the club have had once hearing about this.

As an almost ex-committee member I know exactly how much the club makes and spends and I can gaurentee you that this is SOOOOO far from the truth.
TheAussieBogan
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:13 pm

Way to kill everyones rumors their Aussie Bogan :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Perfect Drug » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:08 pm

Have the new guys come to Glenunga for the money (which every player is entitled to)? I don't think so, even though it is a nice bonus. I think it has a lot more to do with playing with, and under, an old mate that they respect.

I am by no means the calibre of player that can command coin, but I came to the club last year to play with a great mate (as I believed I no longer had what it took to play Div 4 A grade with my other best mate). A few others (5 or so) followed Bourkey too for various reasons. We had a fantastic time and word spread. Another 5 or so want to do the same this year and suddenly people seem to think its all about the money. Perhaps this is because a couple of this years group are very good players, but I think you will find their reasoning very similar to mine! Bourkey is a top guy and learning fast as a coach, it's a pleasure to play under and along side him. That word seems to be spreading.

As far as I am aware there is no proposed change to the amount of remuneration for a win that was payed last year either so this is nothing new, just maybe the slots in the best bracket harder to sneak into now :P.
Perfect Drug
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby TheAussieBogan » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:01 am

Perfect Drug wrote:As far as I am aware there is no proposed change to the amount of remuneration for a win that was payed last year either so this is nothing new, just maybe the slots in the best bracket harder to sneak into now :P.

Thats not 100% correct. While EVERY A grade player will continue to receive payment, there have been some alterations to the amount. There have also been some changes to the rules regarding the player payments. This will be detailed to the players at some stage.

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Way to kill everyones rumors their Aussie Bogan :lol:

I also enjoyed the rumors too, but this will allow people to start rumours about other clubs now..
TheAussieBogan
Rookie

Postby DKL » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:23 pm

TheAussieBogan wrote:
Perfect Drug wrote:As far as I am aware there is no proposed change to the amount of remuneration for a win that was payed last year either so this is nothing new, just maybe the slots in the best bracket harder to sneak into now :P.

Thats not 100% correct. While EVERY A grade player will continue to receive payment, there have been some alterations to the amount. There have also been some changes to the rules regarding the player payments. This will be detailed to the players at some stage.

I also enjoyed the rumors too, but this will allow people to start rumours about other clubs now..

So you can confirm there will be a change in player payments at Glenunga for 2011. I think that's what everyone has been saying they have heard previously.

:? :? So some very good footballers from Fitzroy who have what it takes to play Div 4 footy or above, decide to leave that club to play Div 7 football with a mate they like? :roll: :? Nice to hear a Glenunga perspective, but what about someone from Fitzroy?
DKL
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Punk Rooster » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:22 pm

DKL wrote:
TheAussieBogan wrote:
Perfect Drug wrote:As far as I am aware there is no proposed change to the amount of remuneration for a win that was payed last year either so this is nothing new, just maybe the slots in the best bracket harder to sneak into now .

So you can confirm there will be a change in player payments at Glenunga for 2011. I think that's what everyone has been saying they have heard previously.

:? :? So some very good footballers from Fitzroy who have what it takes to play Div 4 footy or above, decide to leave that club to play Div 7 football with a mate they like? :roll: :? Nice to hear a Glenunga perspective, but what about someone from Fitzroy?

We wish them all the best :)
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby One Eyed » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:27 pm

Who have they ended up with ?
One Eyed
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby TheAussieBogan » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:34 pm

DKL wrote:
TheAussieBogan wrote:

Yes in fact I can, the payments are being reduced slightly as well as being harder to get.
TheAussieBogan
Rookie

Postby Marching In » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:47 am

This all smells a bit like Adelaide Uni D-grade to me :twisted:
Marching In
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby Iron Fist » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:03 am

I can understand leaving to play under someone that is a friend and a former team mate.
I have played for a different club for a similar reason, cause I liked the coach and liked the way he went about his business.

The only thing that doesnt make sense for me is Heath Nurton is one of the rumoured people going to fitzroy. He is known to chase a bit of coin, believe that is why he ended up at Fitzroy in 2010.
Why would he go to a div 7 club if they dont pay anyone and he has never played with Bourke??

Im sure the numbers being rumoured are way off but I would also think there is some coin being thrown to attract some players??
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby piccachu » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:10 am

I can understand leaving to play under someone that is a friend and a former team mate.
I have played for a different club for a similar reason, cause I liked the coach and liked the way he went about his business.

The only thing that doesnt make sense for me is Heath Nurton is one of the rumoured people going to fitzroy. He is known to chase a bit of coin, believe that is why he ended up at Fitzroy in 2010.
Why would he go to a div 7 club if they dont pay anyone and he has never played with Bourke??

Im sure the numbers being rumoured are way off but I would also think there is some coin being thrown to attract some players??

Smack on Fisty i know some players like to inflate there Egos by saying they are going to be getting more than they actually are, but i spoke to one of these players face to face and he told me is going to be recieving a nice amount of cabbage, nothing huge but a nice incentive
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Boosh » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:20 am

Iron Fist wrote:I can understand leaving to play under someone that is a friend and a former team mate.

I have been told by someone very close to Heath that he has definitely signed at Glenunga
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Iron Fist » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:42 am

Boosh wrote:
Iron Fist wrote:I can understand leaving to play under someone that is a friend and a former team mate.

I have been told by someone very close to Heath that he has definitely signed at Glenunga

he cant have signed yet as clearances cant go through I dont think???

but I have been told himself along with Foley are definates for Glenunga in 2011.
That is from the horses mouth aswell.

Good luck to them and well done to Glenunga in acquiring the services of 2 very good footballers. Especially at that level.
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby Perfect Drug » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Easy Fisty, he is Foley's mate. Foley is Karvelis' mate. Bourke went to a meeting to see Karvelis about becoming a Ram in 2011, along side him stood some mates (some who Bourke knew well and some he did not). What you think Bourke is gonna say when they say they want to stick together? He aint going to turn them away!!
Perfect Drug
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Boosh » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:01 pm

Iron Fist wrote:
Boosh wrote:

he cant have signed yet as clearances cant go through I dont think???

but I have been told himself along with Foley are definates for Glenunga in 2011.
That is from the horses mouth aswell.

Good luck to them and well done to Glenunga in acquiring the services of 2 very good footballers. Especially at that level.

You are correct that clearances can't go through yet fisty, however im not sure how much impact that has on someone signing a form as I don't think pens and paper are aware of SAAFL laws and restrictions. I could be wrong though.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby beeroclock » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:39 pm

Good on Glenunga for being pro active. For the past few seasons they havn't had much to cheer about, all the best too ya. But for f sake fix the bloody changerooms and make your opponents respect your club.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby newbloke » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:55 pm

So am i reading this right! Every A grade player at Glenunga gets paid a set amount?
newbloke

Postby BZB27 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:01 pm

newbloke wrote:So am i reading this right! Every A grade player at Glenunga gets paid a set amount?

I think they are saying that after each game every player gets rated on there performance and best would get the most and the worst would get the least... That would course some conflict one wouyld think on a saturday night :shock:
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:21 am

Perfect Drug wrote:

Easy Fisty, he is Foley's mate. Foley is Karvelis' mate. Bourke went to a meeting to see Karvelis about becoming a Ram in 2011, along side him stood some mates (some who Bourke knew well and some he did not). What you think Bourke is gonna say when they say they want to stick together? He aint going to turn them away!!

Sorry wasnt getting angry, doesnt bother me where Heath plays.
I was simply using him as an example because last season he was chasing coin and I personally dont think he would have changed his tune just because 1 mate of his is going to a different club. Nurton would be getting something or he would just go somewhere else and get cash!

On bourke, he has done a fantastic job recruiting from what we hear. Good on him!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby Jugs » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:42 am

Perfect Drug wrote:

So all these players that have left Fitzroy are going to Glenunga cause they're mates with Bourke. Even though Bourke doesn't know one of them? I can see it now, Bourke was at a BBQ with all these blokes and said 'Come play Div 7 with me', and these blokes thought 'Yeah, why not?', and that's how the recruiting was done :shock: :roll: :roll: Yeah Right! :evil:

I too must know some former Fitzroy players that must be lying to me when they say they have been offered more at Glenunga :?
Jugs
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Blues Football Club

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League