Salisbury North
9%
Tea Tree Gully
5%

Total votes : 75

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:57 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
marbles wrote:cracker div 1 game at shark park this week, Henley vs TTG free entry, free parking, BBQ, playground for the kids, SAAFL at its best

action starts 2:15pm

Wow. I believe Kernas may have just uncovered his new marketing manager :D

PM me anytime Kernas
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:06 pm

zedman wrote:
marbles wrote:cracker div 1 game at shark park this week, Henley vs TTG free entry, free parking, BBQ, playground for the kids, SAAFL at its best

how did the masquerade ball go last weekend marbles? was everyone well behaved?

another brilliant night well organized enourmous work put in by all at the club and a big thankyou to the highway hotel
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby zedman » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:25 pm

marbles wrote:
zedman wrote:

another brilliant night well organized enourmous work put in by all at the club and a big thankyou to the highway hotel

thats great to hear marbles.. 8) ;)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1082 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:55 pm

marbles wrote:
zedman wrote:

Notice you didn't answer the well behaved question.....
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:19 am

Serious question...

What's parking like at Adelaide UNI games when there isn't a game at AO? Is it plentiful, close to the ground etc?
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 852 times

Postby finn » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:40 am

wristwatcher wrote:Serious question...

What's parking like at Adelaide UNI games when there isn't a game at AO? Is it plentiful, close to the ground etc?

Depends on how much sport is being played on the other grounds. It's usually possible to find parks within a 5 minute walk either on Frome Rd or the zoo side of Frome Rd. it's better to carpool and, under no circumstances, park on the grass near the boat sheds at the river end or the ACC may hit you with a $140 parking fine.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby marbles » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:36 pm

Sharkies!

Div 1r game uni vs pnu drawn game 24 points a piece haha
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:16 am

finn wrote:

Depends on how much sport is being played on the other grounds. It's usually possible to find parks within a 5 minute walk either on Frome Rd or the zoo side of Frome Rd. it's better to carpool and, under no circumstances, park on the grass near the boat sheds at the river end or the ACC may hit you with a $140 parking fine.

Got there at half time of the A,s so there were 5 or 6 spots near the ground in prime position presumably due to B graders who had just left. Worked out nicely but can imagine the nightmare on AFL game day.

The game itself didn't reach any great heights. PNU went in being 4 goals up at the half and UNI had the first dozen fwd 50 entries for 2 points. PNU went down the other end and kicked 2 quick goals. 9 goals to 3 in the slop and as bad a centre square as I have seen anywhere in 2015 meant a run of goals would be tough to muster with a heavy ball from centre stoppages and a corridor that was not a place for sure footing and handling. From there it was a solid, workman like performance from the Falcs notching up a ten goal win. I thought Milne was dominant again along with Pierce Seamore and Obsty played the best half I have seen him play. For the Blacks Paynter battled hard along with Beneke who looked like he broke his leg but walked off. (Hope he is OK, seemed in a lot of discomfort).

Interestingly enough it was Paynehams first win at AU in 25 years. A very intriguing final 4 rounds ahead in Div 1. PNU now mathematically cannot miss finals. Big game at the Hawks nest next Saturday which Salisbury North need to win or their finals flame gets extinguished. Should be a good contest in hopefully better conditions.

Anyone at the Sharks and Gully game (free entry from all reports). After watching Henley last week I was surprised By the result. Henley obviously lifted and played their ground well.
@Marbles were you at the game?
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:40 am

wristwatcher wrote:
finn wrote:

Interestingly enough it was Paynehams first win at AU in 25 years. A very intriguing final 4 rounds ahead in Div 1. PNU now mathematically cannot miss finals. Big game at the Hawks nest next Saturday which Salisbury North need to win or their finals flame gets extinguished. Should be a good contest in hopefully better conditions.

Anyone at the Sharks and Gully game (free entry from all reports). After watching Henley last week I was surprised By the result. Henley obviously lifted and played their ground well.
@Marbles were you at the game?

no i was home icing up (take that how u like)

yeah interesting result and a good one for us, TTG over the years have had some massive losses at Henley, scores say it was close contest first half, and the boys kicked away in the second. wet weather always changes the dynamics am sure the wolves will come back stronger next time

last week at PNU was maybe a bad day with distractions of the night ahead (henley ball), always happens, but the even-ness of the top 4 or 5 shows what a terrific finals series we will see in div 1, the henley squad has some serious talent looking through the list, and the youngsters of last season that made us a little deficient to not beat goodwood last season are now primed & experienced to conquer these levels of football, dont be writing off this evolving caliber when the ovals dry up

big thanks to the SAAFL for allowing the free entry too
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:47 am

The ROCs vs Sals Nth game yesterday was probably a final for who would take 5th spot? ROCs now 2 games ahead of the hawks, is that season over for them? they may not be too tough this week for PNU as a result?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:54 am

My tip is that Salisbury North probably won't make finals. In fact, womens intuition tells me they just wont.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:55 am

marbles wrote:The ROCs vs Sals Nth game yesterday was probably a final for who would take 5th spot? ROCs now 2 games ahead of the hawks, is that season over for them? they may not be too tough this week for PNU as a result?

They are always tough. We haven't played them that often certainly in the last 15 years but plenty on the line for both teams. With Goodwood playing Henley it's a real chance for us too sink our claws into a double chance. We have as hard a run home as you could want with TTG, ROCS and Goodwood after SN. Going to be a tough month.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:03 am

wristwatcher wrote:
marbles wrote:The ROCs vs Sals Nth game yesterday was probably a final for who would take 5th spot? ROCs now 2 games ahead of the hawks, is that season over for them? they may not be too tough this week for PNU as a result?

They are always tough. We haven't played them that often certainly in the last 15 years but plenty on the line for both teams. With Goodwood playing Henley it's a real chance for us too sink our claws into a double chance. We have as hard a run home as you could want with TTG, ROCS and Goodwood after SN. Going to be a tough month.

yeah just looking at the predicted ladder, PNU will play the finals contenders from round 16 onwards

a big fight between the bottom 3 sides too, with shocs, uni and portland playing each other in the fight to avoid relegation
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:04 am

marbles wrote:Sharkies!

Well done Henley. I've heard they've had a bit of "white line" fever lately 8)

Is it true that one of your players faked an injury in the dying minute of the game to hold onto a 3 point lead in the ressies?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:08 am

Footy Chick wrote:
marbles wrote:Sharkies!

Well done Henley. I've heard they've had a bit of "white line" fever lately 8)

Is it true that one of your players faked an injury in the dying minute of the game to hold onto a 3 point lead in the ressies?

wasnt there cant tell you, but absolutely not true! :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:32 am

Interestingly enough it was Paynehams first win at AU in 25 years.

Could be longer than that W.W.

Payneham left for SAFA at the end of 1979 and didn't rejoin until 1995 when they merged with Norwood Union and have only ventured to Uni twice since then in 2009 & 2015 if my history is correct.

Did you win there in 2009???
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby jo172 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:02 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:

Payneham left for SAFA at the end of 1979 and didn't rejoin until 1995 when they merged with Norwood Union and have only ventured to Uni twice since then in 2009 & 2015 if my history is correct.

Wouldn't bet my house on it but I have a funny feeling we did.

Odds on we did given our minor (:() round record in 2009!
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 726 times

Postby bird of prey » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:28 pm

jo172 wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:

Nah, got rolled that year. I remember the poor AU guy snapping his ankle in half in the last quarter. It actually sparked a 5goal to nothing run by them.
I also remember having to get changed in those shi$##y transportable change rooms too.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

Postby marbles » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:07 am

bird of prey wrote:
jo172 wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:

Nah, got rolled that year. I remember the poor AU guy snapping his ankle in half in the last quarter. It actually sparked a 5goal to nothing run by them.
I also remember having to get changed in those shi$##y transportable change rooms too.

err arent you a gaza player BOP?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby bird of prey » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:23 am

I had a 2yr stint with PNU. 09,10
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times