Unley Mercedes Jets
6%
Walkerville
6%

Total votes : 69

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

Postby Trader » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:42 pm

Was he reported?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby schimma » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:13 pm

Well done to the unley B grade all came in for a beer. Can't say the same for the supporters and the A grade. 1 player is a disgrace.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jetters » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:54 pm

schimma wrote:Well done to the unley B grade all came in for a beer. Can't say the same for the supporters and the A grade. 1 player is a disgrace.

Get stuffed. Lots of clever stuff from your blokes around the bench in the first quarter, didnt hear a squeak after that. Your bloke who dropped the lamest 'see you in the car park' to warky, what a peanut; he then proceeded to turn it over 20m out from goal then warky knocked him into next week by a fair hip and shoulder. Very very humerous
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby laser » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:17 pm

Bunch of elbow lifters. Get some respect.
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Footy Follower » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Jetters wrote:
schimma wrote:Well done to the unley B grade all came in for a beer. Can't say the same for the supporters and the A grade. 1 player is a disgrace.

Get stuffed. Lots of clever stuff from your blokes around the bench in the first quarter, didnt hear a squeak after that. Your bloke who dropped the lamest 'see you in the car park' to warky, what a peanut; he then proceeded to turn it over 20m out from goal then warky knocked him into next week by a fair hip and shoulder. Very very humerous

It is funny that you say this. We (walkerville) played Unley 2 weeks ago and did not have one supporter, coach or player come upstairs for a beer after the A grade game. There was a small scuffle on the final siren and once this was broken up the Unley players didn't even want to shake hands.
The week before this we played Smosh and there would have been a good 15 players, coaches and runner (Boomer) come up for a beer after the game. Now there is no set rule or protocol on this, but I would think most clubs have at least a couple of players and coaches go for a beer after the game. Unley were by far the best side we have played all year IMO and will most likely go up to Div 1 next year, and good on them; however most of the successful clubs around the place are respected on and off the field! ;)
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Jetters » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Footy Follower wrote:
Jetters wrote:

It is funny that you say this. We (walkerville) played Unley 2 weeks ago and did not have one supporter, coach or player come upstairs for a beer after the A grade game. There was a small scuffle on the final siren and once this was broken up the Unley players didn't even want to shake hands.
The week before this we played Smosh and there would have been a good 15 players, coaches and runner (Boomer) come up for a beer after the game. Now there is no set rule or protocol on this, but I would think most clubs have at least a couple of players and coaches go for a beer after the game. Unley were by far the best side we have played all year IMO and will most likely go up to Div 1 next year, and good on them; however most of the successful clubs around the place are respected on and off the field! ;)

To be fair we havent been good at having a beer with the opposition this year. Can cop that.

But Footy Follower, youd have to say your supporters who were very clearly abusing our injured player (who got taken away in ambulance) while the game was being held up about 5mins before full time hardly endeared us to your club, maybe show some respect and others would do the same. (...a Walkerville rep did come into the changerooms sometime after the game to apologise for there supporters, so kudos to him)
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times

Postby BigB » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Jetters wrote:
Footy Follower wrote:
Jetters wrote:

To be fair we havent been good at having a beer with the opposition this year. Can cop that.

But Footy Follower, youd have to say your supporters who were very clearly abusing our injured player (who got taken away in ambulance) while the game was being held up about 5mins before full time hardly endeared us to your club, maybe show some respect and others would do the same. (...a Walkerville rep did come into the changerooms sometime after the game to apologise for there supporters, so kudos to him)

Rod Stuart (President) and I went up to the Walkerville Bar after the game. Drank alone, went home.
BigB

Been liked: 38 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Rod then dropped by my house and said "Have I told you lately" that I like "Sailing".

I actually did see him on Saturday for the start of our game at Kingswood and I did ask him "do you think I'm sexy".

Are you sure it wasn't Rod Moss that no-one wanted to have a Beer with ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Been liked: 850 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:52 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Rod then dropped by my house and said "Have I told you lately" that I like "Sailing".

I actually did see him on Saturday for the start of our game at Kingswood and I did ask him "do you think I'm sexy".

Never gets old, does it... some of our best work right there :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:00 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Rod then dropped by my house and said "Have I told you lately" that I like "Sailing".

Never gets old, does it... some of our best work right there :lol:

I believe I licked his face that fateful night. He does deserve a bit of credit as from memory they were in Div 4 when we did that interview in 2012. I will be surprised if they are not in the upper echelon by late September.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Footy Follower » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Jetters wrote:
Footy Follower wrote:
Jetters wrote:

Supporter. It was one supporter standing by himself. In no way did the entire crowd yell out anything. There is always one in every crowd unfortunately. I in no way agree with yelling out anything when a player is injured, but in fairness it was only one comment that was not overly abusive. He simply said it's only a shoulder why can't he walk off. Probably unwarranted hence the apology after the game from a Walkerville official.
However I hardly think that would be the only reason not to have some players come up after the game.
Any way good luck in the finals.
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Fricky » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:56 pm

The person who yelled out re the injured player is the father of one of our players and his action does not reflect those of the club. He isn't a club official or even a paid member of the club.

Cheers for the kudos Jetter, it's never easy going into opposition change rooms to apologize for the stupid actions of one person. Your coach accepted the apology and it was good that he allowed me the time to apologize to him and your club.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:42 am

I have only seen a couple of Div 2 games this year so to those that have seen a great deal more I ask this...

- can anyone stop Unley ?
- With their first final at Kingswood and double chance home final are they as good as locked in for promotion?
- does any team have a trio of defenders that can stop Wark, White , Harder

Gaza is the one that springs to mind as the one who might surprise them on GF day but it's looking ominous that the Jets are going to fly from Div 4 to 1. That's a pretty fair effort. Ironically they are the last team to really flog Payneham. From memory by 80 odd points in round 9 of 2013. The turning point for our club as we were 3-6 back then.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby jo172 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:51 pm

I realise the question in itself is likely folly given it's impossible to make a complete objective assessment, but is Nick Wark the best player in the SAAFL?

Shane Tuck, Byron Sumner and Adam Cockshell are all obviously better credentialed but the absolute consistent dominance of Wark from the outside seems to be unmatched.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Pag » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:19 am

jo172 wrote:I realise the question in itself is likely folly given it's impossible to make a complete objective assessment, but is Nick Wark the best player in the SAAFL?

Shane Tuck, Byron Sumner and Adam Cockshell are all obviously better credentialed but the absolute consistent dominance of Wark from the outside seems to be unmatched.

He is an absolute beast and would be very close to/if not the best.

Still in his prime as a footballer, unlike Tuck, Cockshell etc.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:38 am

Did he have Maggie Mae with him?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:21 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/city/well-build-it-but-you-can-use-it-too-prestigious-private-school-associations-plans-for-the-parklands/story-fni9lkxa-1227469631342

Good to see PAOC planning a re-development of their facilities commensurate with the club's standing in the Amateur League. Will vastly improve what usually is a pretty miserable place to play/view footy and cricket.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:19 pm

The artist should be defrocked.
It is proposed that the structure will be on the South West HFF -> Centre
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:42 pm

how are you going to get that monstrocity past Anne Moran. SHe wont have a bar of it.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:55 pm

jo172 wrote:I realise the question in itself is likely folly given it's impossible to make a complete objective assessment, but is Nick Wark the best player in the SAAFL?

Folly indeed!!!

It depends on what the best is based on. The term best and most important are two completely different things and gives two completely different results.

Josh Glenn was playing Div 5 at Elizabeth two seasons ago and is now AFL listed. That's some serious pedigree. Would he have had a bigger impact on Div 3 than the medallist in 2013 that carried PNU in Nick "The Situation" Jolly - no way. Would he be more important to our Div 1 success than Milne. Nope! Will either of these two play AFL - No

Wark is that kind of player for the Jets. He is on the radar of league clubs but I don't know him personally so don't know if he is entertaining the idea. He is as important to Unley though and probably as effective as anyone in the league.

Probably easier to answer this one in September Jim when we take into account effectiveness in winning premierships. Any of the names you mentioned could lead their clubs to dominant finals wins and ultimately premierships and that's what it's all about.
wristwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League