SAAFL Division 4 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 4 grand final?

Glenunga
7%
Eastern Park
18%
Golden Grove
25%
Hectorville
4%
Hope Valley
9%
Kenilworth
8%
Pooraka
5%
Pulteney
1%
Salisbury West
16%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Postby Cohiba » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:06 pm

Footy Chick wrote:You read that wrong - he made a generalisation about people at club having no idea - not the actual clubs themselves.

You think so. By definition isn't it people that make the club thereby citing the club refers to the people therein....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:11 pm

So you're asking him to name people then? Yep, that'll go down well :?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Cohiba » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Footy Chick wrote:So you're asking him to name people then? Yep, that'll go down well :?

Was only asking if he could be more specific in his generalisation by naming the number of clubs who have gyms whose personnel have no idea. Did not ask him to name individuals.....that said I gather you support making generalisations about people and or clubs on any given topic based on assumptions rather than stating to have categorical knowledge that it to be fact. If so....okay....still should allow me to ask "based on what is that assumption made".... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:40 pm

If he has seen all 66 clubs gyms then I'll go hee.

You know he can't accurately answer it so why ask? :lol:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Cohiba » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Footy Chick wrote:If he has seen all 66 clubs gyms then I'll go hee.

You know he can't accurately answer it so why ask? :lol:

IT'S A FORUM AND I CAN...that's why. :roll: !!!!!!!! Boy.....how many grumpy pills did you take today.......I figure either your bored or you and Jetters are :X...... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:03 pm

IM NOT GRUMPY! :YMTONGUE:

Sorry, it's just a pointless question.

I don't think I"m the bored one here ;)

Footy Chick

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Jetters wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Yes, this would be interesting.

Given that Havens have just installed an elaborate set up, Purchased by Nicole with the money he got from Mooneys generous bequest to the NHFC. ;)

That's what I heard anyway 8) :lol:

@Nicole @Boosh

Aha yes the new machine is very neat and improves our little gym set up very nicely. Many thanks to Terry for it, I'm going to struggle to get out of there even more now.

I hope you kept the receipts.....

Most amateur footy clubs gyms consist of a high pulley (set for some useless tricep exercise), shitty bar (for the compulsory barbell curl), some rubbish all-in-one home gym setup, and if they are getting close to useful, maybe a smith machine.

If its not some variation on squat/power racks/stands, bars and plates, benches, dumbbells if you really want, floor space, most importantly some people who knows what they are talking about and little else you are wasting your time and $$$. An 'elaborate' set up is a useless.

Well I get what you're saying there Jetters but what we do have works for me and other players at out club that use it, we dont have what BurraBoys explained GG have (ie power cage) but we have more than a 'high pully', 'shitty bar' and a 'rubbish all-in-one home gym set up'.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10388 times
Been liked: 1534 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Cohiba » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Footy Chick wrote:IM NOT GRUMPY! :YMTONGUE:

Argumentative then ;)

Unlike many other posts on this forum :roll: (......generalisation)..

Some truth in that......but then you didn't deny that you and Jetters......hmmmm...... :D
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Jetters » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:IM NOT GRUMPY! :YMTONGUE:

Argumentative then ;)

Unlike many other posts on this forum :roll: (......generalisation)..

Some truth in that......but then you didn't deny that you and Jetters......hmmmm...... :D

?? Didn't realise what I said was so controversial. I was just at a club the other day with great facilities, but with weights room set up as I described, which from what I've seen is typical of a lot of amateur clubs
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Jetters » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:16 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Jetters wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Yes, this would be interesting.

Given that Havens have just installed an elaborate set up, Purchased by Nicole with the money he got from Mooneys generous bequest to the NHFC. ;)

That's what I heard anyway 8) :lol:

@Nicole @Boosh

Aha yes the new machine is very neat and improves our little gym set up very nicely. Many thanks to Terry for it, I'm going to struggle to get out of there even more now.

I hope you kept the receipts.....

Most amateur footy clubs gyms consist of a high pulley (set for some useless tricep exercise), shitty bar (for the compulsory barbell curl), some rubbish all-in-one home gym setup, and if they are getting close to useful, maybe a smith machine.

If its not some variation on squat/power racks/stands, bars and plates, benches, dumbbells if you really want, floor space, most importantly some people who knows what they are talking about and little else you are wasting your time and $$$. An 'elaborate' set up is a useless.

Well I get what you're saying there Jetters but what we do have works for me and other players at out club that use it, we dont have what BurraBoys explained GG have (ie power cage) but we have more than a 'high pully', 'shitty bar' and a 'rubbish all-in-one home gym set up'.

If you don't have what BurraBoys explained then, more than likely you haven't got a functional set up.

I'd argue it does not work for you and other players. If you or someone doesnt have a reasonable grasp of strength and conditioning theory you wouldn't know.
Jetters
Reserves

Postby superboot7 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Cheers jetters! Possibly you have some knowledge of exercise physiology, fitness and conditioning and that's the reason for your opinion. Personally I think a guy who plays amateur footy isn't overly interested in an accurate account of conditioning, strength and conditioning. More than likely they wanna get in a gym, lift weights get bigger and look good in a tshirt..... And good on em for that reason. Therefore any gym set up in a footy club is functional. The lads at our club use the gym, feel confident and strong and they take that confidence onto the field. Probably a little off base was your comment.
superboot7
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Jetters » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:11 am

superboot7 wrote:Cheers jetters! Possibly you have some knowledge of exercise physiology, fitness and conditioning and that's the reason for your opinion. Personally I think a guy who plays amateur footy isn't overly interested in an accurate account of conditioning, strength and conditioning. More than likely they wanna get in a gym, lift weights get bigger and look good in a tshirt..... And good on em for that reason. Therefore any gym set up in a footy club is functional. The lads at our club use the gym, feel confident and strong and they take that confidence onto the field. Probably a little off base was your comment.

I think you make a very valid point Superboot, the confidence that comes from feeling bigger and stronger may be as valuable as the physiological benefits to strength training. I think its a also a very debatable topic as to what place this strength and conditioning has in amateur footy considering you have only so many hours commitment from amateur players and whether some of that time should be dedicated to it.

I would say its highly underrated, particularly for young A/aspiring A graders who without the life commitments can dedicate a bit more time to their footy. I think its also quite easily to motivate young footballers who spend time in the gym anyway to get the beach rig going to train properly and benefit their sport.
Jetters
Reserves

Postby Q. » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:17 am

There would be crossover in exercises used for functional strength/conditioning and those used for hypertrophy anyway.

It would not be difficult to build a program that caters to both and all you would need is a barbell, a pair of dumbbells and a bench. Anything more is a bonus.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby BurraBoys » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:21 am

As has been said, There is a good degree of crossover from the functional stuff for footy and hypertrophic focused exercises that guys want to do. With the programs I have written for us, there is a great deal of 'they Are gonna do it anyway, might as well get them to do it how I want it done.'

Fortunately we have had some great sessions that have been purely focused on technique, learning to lift properly, understanding the components of the program and what we are trying to achieve with it. A key for us is injury reduction. The players are buying into that, taking a good appreciation as to why each of the of the more funky exercises have been prescribed and how it fits into the greater scheme, which includes them looking better with no shirt on.

In other news, the scoreboard is getting put up at harpers. Very extravagant lol. Crane coming in later this arvo to help lift the top half into place.
It will great to play with a clearly visible clock next year. Will add an interesting element to the tempo of the game.
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby BZB27 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:38 am

BurraBoys wrote:As has been said, There is a good degree of crossover from the functional stuff for footy and hypertrophic focused exercises that guys want to do. With the programs I have written for us, there is a great deal of 'they Are gonna do it anyway, might as well get them to do it how I want it done.'

Fortunately we have had some great sessions that have been purely focused on technique, learning to lift properly, understanding the components of the program and what we are trying to achieve with it. A key for us is injury reduction. The players are buying into that, taking a good appreciation as to why each of the of the more funky exercises have been prescribed and how it fits into the greater scheme, which includes them looking better with no shirt on.

In other news, the scoreboard is getting put up at harpers. Very extravagant lol. Crane coming in later this arvo to help lift the top half into place.
It will great to play with a clearly visible clock next year. Will add an interesting element to the tempo of the game.

Last season at Adelaide Uni they kept changing the score in the last qtr once they knew they couldnt come back, so hopefully none of those shannagans happen at Harpers.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Bluedemon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:15 pm

BurraBoys wrote:As has been said, There is a good degree of crossover from the functional stuff for footy and hypertrophic focused exercises that guys want to do. With the programs I have written for us, there is a great deal of 'they Are gonna do it anyway, might as well get them to do it how I want it done.'

how much is it costing you guys to buy an electronic scoreboard?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby BurraBoys » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Would not have a clue what the outlay Is. Fortunately one our biggest sponsors is a metal fabrication company so the framework was knocked up by them
BurraBoys
Reserves

Postby Footy Follower » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:00 pm

Heard that Pooraka have signed Dale Armstrongs services for next year. Has played over 50 reserves games and 15+ league games for North Adelaide over the past few years. Certainly a big get for the Bulls if true! Dale played his juniors at Pooraka as well as having several close friends playing out there.
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby BurraBoys » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Not surprised. Good get by the bulls though. Heard the whisper that he was going to leave the roosters toward the back end of last year. I'd imagine Pooraka would have had to compete with big $$$ from some country clubs
BurraBoys
Reserves

Postby The Rooster » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:30 am

BurraBoys wrote:Not surprised. Good get by the bulls though. Heard the whisper that he was going to leave the roosters toward the back end of last year. I'd imagine Pooraka would have had to compete with big $$$ from some country clubs

No doubt we had to compete with Big $$$, Every Club in SA would be keen for the services of a footballer of Dale's Calibre, but he has many, many close friends at Pooraka and it is Brilliant for him and our club to have him home, I'm told he will be involved in mentoring a lot of the juniors and younger players which I'm sure will me greatly appreciated by the kids.
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League