Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Postby jo172 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Dolphin Treasure wrote:
zedman wrote:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:
Robran wrote:3 Mate but i believe up to club to be able to release more.. could be wrong

@jetters how many have glenunga signed from Unley?

Unley Mercedes Jets Glenunga Cronin, Edward
Unley Mercedes Jets Glenunga Katsaras, Jason
Unley Mercedes Jets Glenunga Russell, Simon
Unley Mercedes Jets Glenunga Shanahan, Maurice
Unley Mercedes Jets Glenunga Walsh, Jack

Russell only one pending..

Do we have much to worry about Jetters?

Would seem to be largely D Graders, many of whom who had played for Glenunga before?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:53 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:
Boosh wrote:Whatever justification works for you up on that high horse mate but I think Glenunga are entitled to recruit whoever they want and aren't the first to offer money as an incentive.

I reckon if you looked deep in the history books of the mighty Unley Mercedes Jets or whatever you're calling yourselves this week that you might find that they may have recruited a player from another club at some point and quite possibly they may have paid them for that privilege.

You have to understand jetters frustration though. If a clubs recruiting strategy is to simply target your club you'd be annoyed. It's fair game but to target numerous players from your club, who I'm assuming would be Mercedes old scholars & therefore 0 pointers, would get under my skin as well.

I know Glenunga already have a fair few Mercedes lads playing for them.

The sort of frustration Glenunga may have felt when 9 of their players made their way to Fitzroy in the off season?

Probably not quite the same, given that most of them probably came over from Fitzroy in the first instance :lol:

Hey hey hey, don't spoil a good story with stuff like truth and the facts, that will get you banned around here ;)
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby redyellow&blue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:07 pm

wristwatcher wrote:I can't be bothered looking up the rule so perhaps someone here could clarify????

What's the rule with maximum number of transfers from one club to another?

3 that attract points. unless agreed otherwise between clubs etc.

as many as you want that don't attract points.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 40 times

Postby Jetters » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:37 pm

Yeah those guys arent much chop, a few came to us from Glenung last yr to play Ds when they couldnt field a C grade side.

Theyve offered $$ to a about a dozen of our A grade side, targeting the younger players. They haven't signed anyone.

The President out there is a bit envious of our 'success' (if choking in GFs is success) and has clearly made a target of our players. A real indictment that they don't have the capability to develop players themselves...well that and their hopelessness at winnintlg football games.

They also might be in a bit of trouble for exceeding the max payments to one of their new mercenaries.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby jo172 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:43 pm

Jetters wrote:Yeah those guys arent much chop, a few came to us from Glenung last yr to play Ds when they couldnt field a C grade side.

Theyve offered $$ to a about a dozen of our A grade side, targeting the younger players. They haven't signed anyone.

The President out there is a bit envious of our 'success' (if choking in GFs is success) and has clearly made a target of our players. A real indictment that they don't have the capability to develop players themselves...well that and their hopelessness at winnintlg football games.

They also might be in a bit of trouble for exceeding the max payments to one of their new mercenaries.

Very harsh on yourself. Modbury and PAOC put up some bloody handy sides!

The whispers regarding your last sentence are very loud.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:34 pm

jo172 wrote:
Jetters wrote:Yeah those guys arent much chop, a few came to us from Glenung last yr to play Ds when they couldnt field a C grade side.

'There are lines you don't cross in football administration. I won't mention the words but it falls into that bracket. I would never do something like that in football administration.'
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby jo172 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:47 pm

Dolphin Treasure wrote:
jo172 wrote:

'There are lines you don't cross in football administration. I won't mention the words but it falls into that bracket. I would never do something like that in football administration.'

We didn't say it @Jetters did?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:58 am

Robran wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:I can't be bothered looking up the rule so perhaps someone here could clarify????

3 Mate but i believe up to club to be able to release more.. could be wrong

Cheers bro.

Good luck at the new club this year.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:59 am

redyellow&blue wrote:

3 that attract points. unless agreed otherwise between clubs etc.

as many as you want that don't attract points.

OK that makes more sense then. Cheers
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:12 am

You're a good bloke but this is a sh$t post.

I'm mates with their big name recruits and I assure you they are not mercenaries. They all had good reasons for landing at GFC who are a well coached progressive club who I have a lot of time for. When they were weighing up their options of which my club was one of them I was all for them going together to help build Glenunga. They are moving outside their comfort zone and will be great for the club.

Insinuations of other clubs breaking the rules and throwing crap like that out there is a pretty average move. Suggesting they don't develop and have a poor junior program is just uninformed tripe.

I get that they have spoken to some of your players but turfing them under the bus is not cool Jetters
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am

Who's the mercenarie? Did cheesedale sign with them?
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:03 pm

Dolphin Treasure wrote:

Unless it's changed in the last week or two Teasdale, McMahon and Read are who he's referring too.

I could tell you a Whopper of a story if we want to start labelling blokes mercenaries and questioning payments but I reckon that stuff should be left in house.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:16 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:

Unless it's changed in the last week or two Teasdale, McMahon and Read are who he's referring too.

I could tell you a Whopper of a story if we want to start labelling blokes mercenaries and questioning payments but I reckon that stuff should be left in house.

Boy o boy wowee!!! Send me a private message this sounds good!!!!!
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:18 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

I'm mates with their big name recruits and I assure you they are not mercenaries. They all had good reasons for landing at GFC who are a well coached progressive club who I have a lot of time for. When they were weighing up their options of which my club was one of them I was all for them going together to help build Glenunga. They are moving outside their comfort zone and will be great for the club.

Insinuations of other clubs breaking the rules and throwing crap like that out there is a pretty average move. Suggesting they don't develop and have a poor junior program is just uninformed tripe.

I get that they have spoken to some of your players but turfing them under the bus is not cool Jetters

Yeah Jetters, the ideal way to go to town on someone is by doing it using someone elses username. Isnt that right Wristwatcher...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:36 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Yeah Jetters, the ideal way to go to town on someone is by doing it using someone elses username. Isnt that right Wristwatcher...

Dunno , You're the one who hands out the user names.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:08 am

Keep it clean.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby old farmer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:14 am

Was at Central United yesterday and they tell me Greenacres only turned up with 26 players on Saturday. Not a good sign 1 week out.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:45 am

wristwatcher wrote:[

??? Everyone makes their own username and passwords but whatever
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:[

??? Everyone makes their own username and passwords but whatever

Perhaps we could both just move on and talk about the footy.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:13 pm

old farmer wrote:Was at Central United yesterday and they tell me Greenacres only turned up with 26 players on Saturday. Not a good sign 1 week out.

according to F.C they will be fine President and Coach both have said players is no issue
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League