29%
Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby Arch44 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:52 pm

Well said Zedman. Bad luck to you and your boys I thought you guys would win. Hope the Grubers and co didn't take it too hard. Good luck up a grade too with your current list and a small top up you guys will no doubt be more than competitive in Div 5.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:54 pm

Sorry I didn't mean any offence or disrespect to the lower divisions, the skills were OK I was more surprised about the lack of intensity in the contest for a GF, maybe contributed by the wide oval, fitness levels and heat, but neither team really took the opportunity to take the tackling and pressure to a higher level to win the contest. I thought both teams were well coached with the structures and game plan clear to see.

I thought Locks had the opportunities to be 2-3 goals further ahead in the first 1/4 and could have broken the game wide open, to Smithfields credit they kept coming all day and broke Locks down.

Doesn't mean much but SFL top teams would be D2/D3 standard with the bottom teams D5/D6 IMO.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3563 times

Postby zedman » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:08 pm

Dutchy wrote:Sorry I didn't mean any offence or disrespect to the lower divisions, the skills were OK I was more surprised about the lack of intensity in the contest for a GF, maybe contributed by the wide oval, fitness levels and heat, but neither team really took the opportunity to take the tackling and pressure to a higher level to win the contest. I thought both teams were well coached with the structures and game plan clear to see.

I thought Locks had the opportunities to be 2-3 goals further ahead in the first 1/4 and could have broken the game wide open, to Smithfields credit they kept coming all day and broke Locks down.

Doesn't mean much but SFL top teams would be D2/D3 standard with the bottom teams D5/D6 IMO.

that was the strange outcome in the semi final and GF..both sides were known for their tackling and pressure at the contest but in both those games it was free flowing footy with a lack of stoppages unlike the 2 games we played in the minor round which were much more physical..

i thought we should have been 4-5 goals up at 1/4 time dutchy..we did start very well but the forwards missed some fairly easy conversions..the scoring end tended to be to the south all day..ifs, buts, maybes.. :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby morell » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:Sorry I didn't mean any offence or disrespect to the lower divisions, the skills were OK I was more surprised about the lack of intensity in the contest for a GF, maybe contributed by the wide oval, fitness levels and heat, but neither team really took the opportunity to take the tackling and pressure to a higher level to win the contest. I thought both teams were well coached with the structures and game plan clear to see.
Yeah that was odd.

Wasn't even a scuffle!
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:28 pm

@Zartan pretty sure I saw a version of morell's meadow going on late in the last.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:27 pm

Does anyone know if the Grand Finals are taped? Love to get a copy. Im not expecting much since the Amatuer League didnt even send someone to present the medals and flag.. Thought that was somewhat poor by the league imo
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:44 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Does anyone know if the Grand Finals are taped? Love to get a copy. Im not expecting much since the Amatuer League didnt even send someone to present the medals and flag.. Thought that was somewhat poor by the league imo

The CEO of the League was there......oops!
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:49 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Does anyone know if the Grand Finals are taped? Love to get a copy. Im not expecting much since the Amatuer League didnt even send someone to present the medals and flag.. Thought that was somewhat poor by the league imo

Could be wrong, but I thought it was the clubs responsibility to tape it.

Don't think we taped it, but maybe Zartan or Old Farmer can confirm it after they have recovered from their coma's.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:51 pm

Was he the young lad who came up to our bench with 5 minutes to play and handed us a bag of medals, the flag and the cup and said 'Can you find someone from your club to do the presentation because no one is here to do it'
Last edited by human_torpedo on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:52 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:

Don't think we taped it, but maybe Zartan or Old Farmer can confirm it after they have recovered from their coma's.

Yeh it probably is, I was just asking the question..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:57 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:

Yeh it probably is, I was just asking the question..

Yeah, you gotta ask if you want to receive.

Congratulations by the way.

Still very proud of our lads efforts just to make it. It has had a big effect on the bonding of the entire club & it was very positive to see the kids stand up for us who will be part of our A grade in the years to come.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:59 pm

always clubs responsibility to tape grand finals.

Feedback given to the league was that they'd rather have a club legend (or someone relevant to the CLub) handing out the medals, with a league rep handing over the cup.

Obviously with 5 different grounds to be at, they were stretched. As it stood, poor Kilburn copped me as the league rep to hand over their flag, whilst I insisted to both teams that they get a club legend to give out the medals, should they win.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:03 pm

Footy Chick wrote:always clubs responsibility to tape grand finals.

Feedback given to the league was that they'd rather have a club legend (or someone relevant to the CLub) handing out the medals, with a league rep handing over the cup.

Obviously with 5 different grounds to be at, they were stretched. As it stood, poor Kilburn copped me as the league rep to hand over their flag, whilst I insisted to both teams that they get a club legend to give out the medals, should they win.

I get that side of it, just was a bit weird to be handed the flag, cup and a bag of medals 16 minutes into the last quarter of the game.. Whether or not we were under prepared or what but if the league CEO was there im sure he could have done the on ground presentation on behalf of the league? Ah well, doesnt matter now, take the flag any way you get it
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:15 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Was he the young lad who came up to our bench with 5 minutes to play and handed us a bag of medals, the flag and the cup and said 'Can you find someone from your club to do the presentation because no one is here to do it'

Email went out to all competing clubs that they had the option to have someone from the League or someone from their Club hand out the Flag, Cup, Medals. The default assumption was that Club's arrange for a person from their Club to do it.

Also, that's not what the handsome young lad said. It was, "who is the person you've arranged to do the presentation?". There was no mention of no one being here to do it ;)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:15 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:always clubs responsibility to tape grand finals.

I get that side of it, just was a bit weird to be handed the flag, cup and a bag of medals 16 minutes into the last quarter of the game.. Whether or not we were under prepared or what but if the league CEO was there im sure he could have done the on ground presentation on behalf of the league? Ah well, doesnt matter now, take the flag any way you get it

CEO didn't get there until halfway through the D6 game.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:18 pm

There was also no mention of 'handsome' either ;) .. I must say I literally had no correspondence from anyone about presentations as I didnt want to know about it because we were focussed on the game, but no one from our club knew anything about it.. All is well the cup and flag are safe and sound and we finally have a reason to build a trophy cabinet
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:20 pm

human_torpedo wrote:There was also no mention of 'handsome' either.. I must say I literally had no correspondence from anyone about presentations as I didnt want to know about it because we were focussed on the game, but no one from our club knew anything about it.. All is well the cup and flag are safe and sound and we finally have a reason to build a trophy cabinet

Can't think how handsome got in my mind then.

Ask whoever has access to the Club's footymail account. I can see that Trinity was copied into the email that all competing clubs got re presentations.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:22 pm

Will do.

Cheers for the hospitality on the day, very well organised and great set up you have. We were all quite jealous
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:25 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Will do.

Cheers for the hospitality on the day, very well organised and great set up you have. We were all quite jealous

All good fun.

My highlight of the day was Lockleys supporters hanging around for our score updates from Henley managing to shake off their disappointment to enjoy the schadenfreude of the straight sets exit of their local rival.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:31 pm

jo172 wrote:All good fun.

My highlight of the day was Lockleys supporters hanging around for our score updates from Henley managing to shake off their disappointment to enjoy the schadenfreude of the straight sets exit of their local rival.

There's always a lot of this around Grand Final time.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League