Postby NO-MERCY » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:31 am

Talking about the phone calls. :roll:
NO-MERCY
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times

Re: SAAFL Div 3 & Div 3R (2011)

Postby scrappy1 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:29 pm

Footy budget Team of The Year announced.

Evans (Pem) Loechel (Sea) Ellis (Mit)
Wareing (Port) Rae (SMOSH) Mason (Mit)
Thach (PH) Bird (Port) Rowe (Mit)
Coghill (Poor) Prior (Port) Bissett (Poor)
Raidis (CBC) James (Sea) Keatley (FP)

RUCK: Margatich (CBC) Visser (FP) Laslett (Port)

INT: O'Hara (FP) Sheppard (GG) White (SMOSH) Flynn (PH)
scrappy1

Been liked: 0 time

Postby zedman » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:12 pm

well done to sid the visser..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1081 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Wild Thing » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:15 am

scrappy1 wrote:Footy budget Team of The Year announced.

fairly astute judges at the Footy Budget - Margatich won the CBCOC B&F tonight from Raidis
Wild Thing
Rookie

Postby Dingles » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:17 am

Who actually picks this team??? A couple of thoughts, would have thought Ohara would be leading the ruck not on the pine, he was by far the best big man in the comp this year. Not sure Wareing should be there saw him a few times and didnt look like he was fit and played accordingly. Couple times I saw seaton a couple of their midfielders impressed me and their captain Coard is a gun suprised he is not in the best 22 for the division. Tucker from mitcham would think has had a better year than Raidis and a couple from Smosh Porplycia and Cibich probably a bit unlucky, but i guess you cant fit them all in.
Dingles
Mini-League

Postby teaoby » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Dingles wrote:

Who actually picks this team??? A couple of thoughts, would have thought Ohara would be leading the ruck not on the pine, he was by far the best big man in the comp this year. Not sure Wareing should be there saw him a few times and didnt look like he was fit and played accordingly. Couple times I saw seaton a couple of their midfielders impressed me and their captain Coard is a gun suprised he is not in the best 22 for the division. Tucker from mitcham would think has had a better year than Raidis and a couple from Smosh Porplycia and Cibich probably a bit unlucky, but i guess you cant fit them all in.

the people who write for the certain grade (who are generally players or officials). i believe there were 5 writers for most grades so they get a pretty good look at all teams.
beards dont kill people, people with beards kill people
teaoby
Reserves

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:29 pm

teaoby wrote:
Dingles wrote:

the people who write for the certain grade (who are generally players or officials). i believe there were 5 writers for most grades so they get a pretty good look at all teams.

Tucks had a fantastic year and I'm very surprised didn't make the team!! I think he is the most damaging half back in div3 and very hard to tackle. I know he has been targeted by Portland a few times but he just keeps getting up. Will go very close to winning the B&F IMO
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Rumours on the SFL forum is that Brighton want out of the league and are poised to join the saafl. Apparently they won't go into div1 or 2 but have been told div 3 is a possibility. So will that mean only 1 team from div 2 will be relegated???
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby schimma » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:55 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:Rumours on the SFL forum is that Brighton want out of the league and are poised to join the saafl. Apparently they won't go into div1 or 2 but have been told div 3 is a possibility. So will that mean only 1 team from div 2 will be relegated???

or there will be a bye. or only 1 promoted
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:18 pm

schimma wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:Rumours on the SFL forum is that Brighton want out of the league and are poised to join the saafl. Apparently they won't go into div1 or 2 but have been told div 3 is a possibility. So will that mean only 1 team from div 2 will be relegated???

Wasn't the rule a few years ago that a club would have to start in div6 if they came into the league. It would be unfair to the other clubs if they slotted straight into div 1,2,3
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby watchdog » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:52 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
schimma wrote:

Wasn't the rule a few years ago that a club would have to start in div6 if they came into the league. It would be unfair to the other clubs if they slotted straight into div 1,2,3

100% not happening next year. But the club will look into it further possibly for the future.
watchdog
Under 18s

Been liked: 11 times

Postby lutz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:25 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
schimma wrote:

It's a tough one, I would think that it'd also be unfair to D6 clubs trying to compete against a strong club such as Brighton.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:32 pm

watchdog wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
schimma wrote:

100% not happening next year. But the club will look into it further possibly for the future.

They've been killing the SFL over the past years, I would like to see them enter the SAAFL at some stage, would be great for the comp IMO. It be very interesting to see how successful they would be, I think they would be at least a Div 3 level if not Div 2 or perhaps even a Div 1 level.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10404 times
Been liked: 1538 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby NO-MERCY » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Brighton would dominate Div3, i'd expect them to be very competitive in Div1.
NO-MERCY
Coach

Been liked: 15 times

Postby Wild Thing » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:29 pm

NO-MERCY wrote:Brighton would dominate Div3, i'd expect them to be very competitive in Div1.

If memory serves me correctly Brighton were in the SFL, came across to the SAAFL for a few years and then went back to the SFL - perhaps they should make their minds up where it is that they want to compete instead of jumping competitions every few years
Wild Thing
Rookie

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:45 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:They've been killing the SFL over the past years, I would like to see them enter the SAAFL at some stage, would be great for the comp IMO. It be very interesting to see how successful they would be, I think they would be at least a Div 3 level if not Div 2 or perhaps even a Div 1 level.

Not sure they have been "killing" the SFL over the past years, were the best team this year but this was their first flag since 2002. Would be very competitive in Div 2 if not Div 1.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Wild Thing » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Well done to Rob Douglas who won a flag today with Glenelg in the SANFL Reserves. Wish the Dolphins still had him he would have been handy at times this year, a very classy player and great user of the ball.
Wild Thing
Rookie

Postby Flipper » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:38 pm

I know its been floating around for a while but have a listen, cracks me up everytime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsoG3whMUVg
It takes real courage to wear PURPLE!!!!!
Flipper
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League