Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

Postby retired60 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:46 pm

Its obvious that persons in official positions at Rosewater have no ability to discern right and wrong. To come to an umpires training session and express deep regret at the events that unfolded and then be part of a group photo that says 'whatever happened we will thumb our noses at the League'. shows a lack of maturity and a very poor moral compass. If this is the example being shown players, we can expect continued ill disciplined acts in 2017.
retired60

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:49 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Think there has been more than two incidents, but either way, the decision to ban the Club for rest of season has been justified. If they just took points off them, taking them out of finals contention, you can imagine what some of their players would have done on the field, that was the major worry of the League. Think Ricky Pearce the coach would be disappointed in himself allowing it to happen and being front and centre in that photo, even though he did not have his finger raised.

You're kidding me aren't you? I can imagine what the rest of the players would have done, played footy.

What absolute nonsense to suggest otherwise.

The two incidents were ones to do with umpires. So if there is another incident with abusive umpires is there an endemic problem there?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 368 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:55 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Think there has been more than two incidents, but either way, the decision to ban the Club for rest of season has been justified. If they just took points off them, taking them out of finals contention, you can imagine what some of their players would have done on the field, that was the major worry of the League. Think Ricky Pearce the coach would be disappointed in himself allowing it to happen and being front and centre in that photo, even though he did not have his finger raised.

You're kidding me aren't you? I can imagine what the rest of the players would have done, played footy.

What absolute nonsense to suggest otherwise.

The two incidents were ones to do with umpires. So if there is another incident with abusive umpires is there an endemic problem there?

4 incidents if we're to extend your deadline by 24 hours.

How many have Kilburn had in the same time? I'm guessing zero?

We've had one and we're ashamed and doing everything in our power to if we fart near an Ump to make it smell like roses.

Add on the several serious behimd play hits there's clearly a problem. One which judging the last 24 hours is unlikely to be rectified.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 726 times

Postby piglet1 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:05 pm

All this over a single photo when boys are on the piss when they've just been booted out of the league. The amount of media coverage this has got has been ridiculous. You'd think rosewater are associated with isis how some of you people are carrying on.
piglet1
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby MW » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:09 pm

cmon...if your club just got booted from the league for the rest of the season, and you post a photo saying f u SAAFL, what do you expect?
I had sympathy for this rabble up until now, now its ban them for 2017 IMO
Hell the coach was even in the photo.
Last edited by MW on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2649 times
Been liked: 1879 times

Postby heater31 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:10 pm

piglet1 wrote:All this over a single photo when boys are on the piss when they've just been booted out of the league. The amount of media coverage this has got has been ridiculous. You'd think rosewater are associated with isis how some of you people are carrying on.

If they had any brains they wouldn't post such inflammatory images on social media when the initial incident was cooling down still.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:12 pm

heater31 wrote:
piglet1 wrote:All this over a single photo when boys are on the piss when they've just been booted out of the league. The amount of media coverage this has got has been ridiculous. You'd think rosewater are associated with isis how some of you people are carrying on.

If they had any brains they wouldn't post such inflammatory images on social media when the initial incident was cooling down still.

Particularly with senior officials in the photo, particularly 3 days after those senior officials pledged Rosewater would change its ways in 2017.

The only reasonable inference is Rosewater intends to change nothing
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:15 pm

The media coverage is ridiculous but after all it was Rosewater players who put this on social media

Even if the coverage is excessive it doesn't mean they shouldn't be punished as u simply can't have people posting stuff like that all over Facebook regardless of whether it was a drunk post or not
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:23 pm

piglet1 wrote:All this over a single photo when boys are on the piss when they've just been booted out of the league. The amount of media coverage this has got has been ridiculous. You'd think rosewater are associated with the Premier of the State how some of you people and Ch7 and Mike Smithson are carrying on.

There all fixed
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2437 times
Been liked: 1672 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:23 pm

whufc wrote:

The media coverage is ridiculous but after all it was Rosewater players who put this on social media

Even if the coverage is excessive it doesn't mean they shouldn't be punished as u simply can't have people posting stuff like that all over Facebook regardless of whether it was a drunk post or not

I've never understood the need so many people feel to punish people for everything. They were upset, let it go.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby carey » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:25 pm

Anyone have a link to the news story?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby jo172 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:28 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
whufc wrote:

I've never understood the need so many people feel to punish people for everything. They were upset, let it go.

I think what the Prosecutors refer to it in your work is that there's a clear need for specific deterrence
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:36 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
whufc wrote:

I think it's more the fact that the club has said its going to accept the decision and change its ways etc etc, nek minnit that photo with players and officials in it

Half the problem for Rosewater is they don't know how to react when there upset, abuse and umpire, hit an umpire, post abusive posts on Facebook

They can't keep using excuses
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Specific deterrence refers to deterring an individual. I've never seen a prosecutor ask for an innocent person to be punished for what someone else did either.

The reason a club may have many different responses is because it is made up of many individuals, with different opinions. The situation is far more complicated than a post on here can do justice to, but this holier than thou and tar everyone with the same brush crap bugs me.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:53 pm

How ridiculous, you and The Big Shrek just don't get it. Absolute waste of time discussing it anymore, if people at Rosewater are thinking the same as you two then no wonder they have a problem. The Club will never get better and are odds on favourites to be docked points or banned again in 2017. Then you guys can continue to whinge about it!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:59 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:Specific deterrence refers to deterring an individual. I've never seen a prosecutor ask for an innocent person to be punished for what someone else did either.

The reason a club may have many different responses is because it is made up of many individuals, with different opinions. The situation is far more complicated than a post on here can do justice to, but this holier than thou and tar everyone with the same brush crap bugs me.

Moving aside from the current situation, in your view is collective responsibility and liability ever justified in Community Football?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby piglet1 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:15 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

How ridiculous, you and The Big Shrek just don't get it. Absolute waste of time discussing it anymore, if people at Rosewater are thinking the same as you two then no wonder they have a problem. The Club will never get better and are odds on favourites to be docked points or banned again in 2017. Then you guys can continue to whinge about it!

So a whole football club get banned for an incident of an individual that no one could of predicted was going to happen, but every player gets made out to be the biggest scum of the earth for something out of all there control. Then they get suspended for the year and have a few drinks at a pub on a Saturday and are obviously still hurting about getting kicked out and put a photo up that was probably meant as a joke. Fair dinkum how some of you are carrying on you'd think they've gone out and murdered a heap of people.
piglet1
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:23 pm

jo172 wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:Specific deterrence refers to deterring an individual. I've never seen a prosecutor ask for an innocent person to be punished for what someone else did either.

Moving aside from the current situation, in your view is collective responsibility and liability ever justified in Community Football?

In some circumstances you may have to take action against an entire team but those situations are rare. Even rarer should be the occasions when that is done without warning.

I haven't made up my mind regarding these good behaviour bond type agreements. On here there seems to be some anecdotal evidence they work, but if you look at what clubs are on them, they're all poorer areas. Having strong clubs in these areas is important and we should be supporting them rather than making life difficult or alienating them. I haven't yet heard or read of any strategies to prevent improper behaviour. Sometimes bad things happen, how you expect people at an amateur organisation to prevent it is beyond me.

Ultimately I don't know how anyone can look at a situation like this and say 95% of people at Rosewater haven't been treated harshly or punished for what someone else has done. Needs to be more of an extreme case in my view to justify that.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:25 pm

Sorry to use Smiffies as a example here but when this happened to that club no one batted an eye, what's the difference now?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:38 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Sorry to use Smiffies as a example here but when this happened to that club no one batted an eye, what's the difference now?

What did they do to get booted?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League