St Pauls OS
4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby adr107 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:30 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Courtney Fish wrote:The tallest team I've seen for years A's or 'B's.

I'm guessing the great Andrew Rogers wasn't playing then.

You're never getting another bottle of Paracombe Reuben again. Gee what a sponsor they are.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:01 pm

adr107 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Courtney Fish wrote:The tallest team I've seen for years A's or 'B's.

I'm guessing the great Andrew Rogers wasn't playing then.

You're never getting another bottle of Paracombe Reuben again. Gee what a sponsor they are.

Good drop, thoroughly enjoyed.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:20 pm

Saunders from Marion a certainty for the medal tonight?
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:32 pm

lion heart wrote:Great day down at the Den yesterday! A HUGE crowd witnessed a great game in the A grade, the Rams got the jump but the Lions pegged them back and came home strong for a big win! Pure elation after the game with some tears of joy from our long suffering players and supporters. Really hit home what we have been missing out on and the reason why we made the move to the AdFL!

Congrats to the Houghton reserves, they put on a clinic and had too much experience for our boys. Hopefully we can have a strong showing this week in the prelim and get another crack at them. It will be pretty special if we can get both sides through to the GF.

How many people were at the game you reckon? If it’s a Lonsdale v Marion GF I’ve got bets on with mates with the size of the crowd if it’s at Kenilworth.

It would get the biggest crowd from div 3 down, maybe div 2. Not just the teams themselves, id suspect there would be a lot of neutral SFL die yards making the trip to St.Marys also.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby lion heart » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:00 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
lion heart wrote:Great day down at the Den yesterday! A HUGE crowd witnessed a great game in the A grade, the Rams got the jump but the Lions pegged them back and came home strong for a big win! Pure elation after the game with some tears of joy from our long suffering players and supporters. Really hit home what we have been missing out on and the reason why we made the move to the AdFL!

Congrats to the Houghton reserves, they put on a clinic and had too much experience for our boys. Hopefully we can have a strong showing this week in the prelim and get another crack at them. It will be pretty special if we can get both sides through to the GF.

How many people were at the game you reckon? If it’s a Lonsdale v Marion GF I’ve got bets on with mates with the size of the crowd if it’s at Kenilworth.

It would get the biggest crowd from div 3 down, maybe div 2. Not just the teams themselves, id suspect there would be a lot of neutral SFL die yards making the trip to St.Marys also.

i'm no good with crowd guesstimates but the crowd was BIG.

GF crowd will be good we have a few travelling from the country and even interstate. To be honest i can't see too many neutral SFL followers there, maybe a few from Hackham (wanting entry to AdFL)and maybe Aldinga. It is semi final day in the SFL.
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby lion heart » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:03 pm

Under_Scrutiny wrote:Saunders from Marion a certainty for the medal tonight?

Will be mighty hard to beat, umps love a goalkicking mid. I mentioned him him a few pages back as one of the main fancies. Loveridge from the Lions was a standout but only played 13 games and put the cue in the rack early for a few of those.
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby Courtney Fish » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:22 pm

Won't poll against us but seemed to be in the best most weeks. They won enough games for him to win it.
Wade might steal a few votes. And with his carry on towards the umpies on Saturday complaining all game, I guess they may have liked him during the year.
I don't think Rigs will poll many for us, don't think the umpies like him. Clinch should poll well for us. Loveridge didn't play enough games. McIlvar a smokey.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Been liked: 26 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:50 pm

lion heart wrote:

GF crowd will be good we have a few travelling from the country and even interstate. To be honest i can't see too many neutral SFL followers there, maybe a few from Hackham (wanting entry to AdFL)and maybe Aldinga. It is semi final day in the SFL.

Fair enough. I had 1 bloke ring me Saturday and he was at least 12 deep by that point. He told me there was over 1000 there which I find hard to believe but definitely would expect much more than that next week if Marion make it.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times

Postby Chappy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:12 pm

lion heart wrote:

Fair enough. I had 1 bloke ring me Saturday and he was at least 12 deep by that point. He told me there was over 1000 there which I find hard to believe but definitely would expect much more than that next week if Marion make it.

at a guess. 600-650. Definately not over a 1000. I would find 800 a bit of a stretch. regardless it was pretty good late when the lions took control. Was a good arvo, I only got there after work around 130ish
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:01 pm

Courtney Fish wrote:

Won't poll against us but seemed to be in the best most weeks. They won enough games for him to win it.
Wade might steal a few votes. And with his carry on towards the umpies on Saturday complaining all game, I guess they may have liked him during the year.
I don't think Rigs will poll many for us, don't think the umpies like him. Clinch should poll well for us. Loveridge didn't play enough games. McIlvar a smokey.

Saunders over his mate Wade and Rowson from St Pauls for mine....I know i'm shocked too there's other players than OSB in this comp.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Junior85 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:20 pm

Under_Scrutiny wrote:
Courtney Fish wrote:

Saunders over his mate Wade and Rowson from St Pauls for mine....I know i'm shocked too there's other players than OSB in this comp.

Yeah, but not for long.. ;)
Junior85
Mini-League

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:52 pm

Stephen Saunders from Marion is the D7 medal winner with 33 votes, from Matthew Rowson from SPOS on 23 and Joseph McCallum from Marion on 16

In D7R: Rhett Glanville from Houghton wins on 27 votes, then Bodie WIlliams from Golden Grove with 22 votes and then some guy called Dave Keetch on 20 :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:21 pm

Robbed
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:24 pm

Q. wrote:Robbed
DId you play 18 games?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Dirty Darryl » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:50 pm

A team that goes 17-1 to not have a guy in the top 3 is strange.

Some very dominant players.. am I wrong?
Dirty Darryl
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Courtney Fish » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:25 pm

Dirty Darryl wrote:A team that goes 17-1 to not have a guy in the top 3 is strange.

Some very dominant players.. am I wrong?

Trev got equal 3rd with 16. Dan Loveridge had 16 during the round 18 count leader board but ended up with 13.
Not dominant enough? Maybe, 20 goal win an opposition player gets a vote. Double a teams score opposition gets 2 votes.
There's always questions asked about some votes but Saunders was a worthy winner. Would have been odds on with the bookies.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Been liked: 26 times

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:30 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Q. wrote:Robbed
DId you play 18 games?

16. I think Rhett played less than that as he filled in the A's a few times when Cam was injured, so a huge effort by him.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:36 pm

Courtney Fish wrote:Not dominant enough? Maybe, 20 goal win an opposition player gets a vote. Double a teams score opposition gets 2 votes.
There's always questions asked about some votes

We noticed some odd voting - had a bloke play about 10 minutes of a game and get the 2 votes
Q.
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:19 am

Q. wrote:
Courtney Fish wrote:Not dominant enough? Maybe, 20 goal win an opposition player gets a vote. Double a teams score opposition gets 2 votes.

We noticed some odd voting - had a bloke play about 10 minutes of a game and get the 2 votes

Umpires not communicating, you generally chat each break and rattle off a few each that you've noticed, tentatively book the top 5 or 6 in order at 3 quarter time and then confirm who moved up or down the list at games end as you're walking off.
I like checking sporting pulse in the evening to see how they matched up with the club best players.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Q. » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:37 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:

Umpires not communicating, you generally chat each break and rattle off a few each that you've noticed, tentatively book the top 5 or 6 in order at 3 quarter time and then confirm who moved up or down the list at games end as you're walking off.
I like checking sporting pulse in the evening to see how they matched up with the club best players.

While there is the odd unusual vote - mistaken identity, wrong guernsey number etc - I don't really ever recall seeing an undeserving winner. Over the course of a season, the votes sort themselves out.
Q.
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League