Unley Mercedes Jets
6%
Walkerville
6%

Total votes : 69

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

Postby lovethegame » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:27 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
lovethegame wrote:Hi all. I am the new coach at Gepps. Ive been reading a lot of the chatter. Happy to honestly answer any polite questions you may have, within reason.

Hi Love the Game,

Welcome to Div 2. It's going to be a good year and a very even out comp. It will be anyones guess as to who will dominate, get relegated, play finals, etc...
Go the Bombers by the way!!!!

thanks, Im looking forward to it
lovethegame
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Gepps Cross

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:17 pm

Haven't heard much out of TigerLand but just saw that Boras has left. How are things shaping up???
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Gingin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:36 am

Not a lot of movement on the clearance list for Div2 with Gepps probably most active, are clubs submitting their forms a bit late to try and keep their cards a bit closer to home and keep everyone guessing? Walks look like they will need to bolster there centre line especially after loosing fisher who has been there go to man across CHF. SPOC seem to have added to there big man stocks and could prove to have a very damaging centre if they gel. Haven't heard much of modbury, scotch and paoc if anyone has any news?
Gingin
Mini-League

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:43 am

Gingin,

Who's your club allegiances lie with?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Gingin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:59 am

Played for SPOC out of school but have been OS for a bit and just migrated back to the mother land.
Gingin
Mini-League

Postby jo172 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:37 pm

Gingin wrote:Not a lot of movement on the clearance list for Div2 with Gepps probably most active, are clubs submitting their forms a bit late to try and keep their cards a bit closer to home and keep everyone guessing? Walks look like they will need to bolster there centre line especially after loosing fisher who has been there go to man across CHF. SPOC seem to have added to there big man stocks and could prove to have a very damaging centre if they gel. Haven't heard much of modbury, scotch and paoc if anyone has any news?

PACOC have picked up Gavin Hughes as a playing coach which will prove interesting
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Gingin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:02 pm

can play then? mercenary move?
Gingin
Mini-League

Postby jo172 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:06 pm

Gingin wrote:can play then? mercenary move?

Well he was on the Western Bulldogs list only a couple of years ago and has been a member of at least a few of the Norwood Premiership teams.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm

jo172 wrote:
Gingin wrote:can play then? mercenary move?

Well he was on the Western Bulldogs list only a couple of years ago and has been a member of at least a few of the Norwood Premiership teams.

Gav unfortunately has hammies made of crepe paper. Great bloke and can seriously play when his body allows. Hopefully he can stay injury free, if so he will be a great get
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:17 pm

Paddy Cannane has joined Mitcham coaching panel!!!! Big loss for Walkies gun footballer how is he as a coach?????
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby Gingin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:10 pm

So whose got an opinion on who will be top 3, bottom 3 or around the mark based on what they have read, or heard at this current time?
I think top 3 will be scotch, Paoc, gaza. bottom 3 be walkies, mitcham and smosh. will be interesting to see which teams ramp up the recruiting as some really need too.
Gingin
Mini-League

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:12 pm

Gingin wrote:So whose got an opinion on who will be top 3, bottom 3 or around the mark based on what they have read, or heard at this current time?
I think top 3 will be scotch, Paoc, gaza. bottom 3 be walkies, mitcham and smosh. will be interesting to see which teams ramp up the recruiting as some really need too.

Mitcham will do well to make the bottom 3 of division 2. That's a big call. :lol:

Your top 3 looks spot on to me
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:13 pm

Gingin wrote:So whose got an opinion on who will be top 3, bottom 3 or around the mark based on what they have read, or heard at this current time?

Think you under-estimate Walkerville mate. Think you'll find they will do alright this year.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Gingin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:26 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:

Think you under-estimate Walkerville mate. Think you'll find they will do alright this year.

well they will need to work on their starts which eventually was the reason they missed out on finals, as we always read people saying premierships are never won in April, however a 0-4 start to the season is the gap they could never "claw" back. but a strong proud club like walks are probably all to well aware and are all over that.

Unley seem to have a few clearances in, are a lot of these juniors?
Gingin
Mini-League

Postby Fricky » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:39 pm

Gingin wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:

well they will need to work on their starts which eventually was the reason they missed out on finals, as we always read people saying premierships are never won in April, however a 0-4 start to the season is the gap they could never "claw" back. but a strong proud club like walks are probably all to well aware and are all over that.

Spot on Gingin and the boys are aware of it for this season.

Losing a tall guy like Fisher doesn't help but there have been some new faces on the track and the boys look in good nick. When uni goes back we usually pick up a handful of decent players as well. I'm looking forward to this year, especially continuing the Peter Franklin Cup games between us and SPOC is going to be good.

Unley's ins look to be almost all juniors at the moment. Likewise with SPOC, Modbury and Gaza
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Gingin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:46 pm

Suri wrote:
Gingin wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:

Spot on Gingin and the boys are aware of it for this season.

Losing a tall guy like Fisher doesn't help but there have been some new faces on the track and the boys look in good nick. When uni goes back we usually pick up a handful of decent players as well. I'm looking forward to this year, especially continuing the Peter Franklin Cup games between us and SPOC is going to be good.

Unley's ins look to be almost all juniors at the moment. Likewise with SPOC, Modbury and Gaza

And i see his son Daniel has just transferred back to SPOC for this season too which will give it a bit extra on the day!
Gingin
Mini-League

Postby Cohiba » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:34 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

Mitcham will do well to make the bottom 3 of division 2. That's a big call. :lol:

Your top 3 looks spot on to me

Good work if you can make it happen though....all gain without the pain.....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby great catch » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:28 am

R Hutton pending, should be a good pick up if he can get fit from his come back, will not stop running from the half back, was a shame he didn't get a look at in a grade in 2007 at Eastern park cause payney wouldn't give him a chance cause they didn't get along, be good to see how he goes this year for modbury
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby G_Leonard » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:46 pm

I think one of those top 3 you mentioned may have to make way for Unley. They've been slowly building for a few years now (since the Mercedes OS affiliation in particular), and have got great depth. Have a few good ins for this season too I have heard.
G_Leonard
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Sedan-Cambrai

Postby Gingin » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:44 pm

G_Leonard wrote:

I think one of those top 3 you mentioned may have to make way for Unley. They've been slowly building for a few years now (since the Mercedes OS affiliation in particular), and have got great depth. Have a few good ins for this season too I have heard.

Paoc seem to have the depths most clubs dream of, taking out B,C&D Gf's and losing the E's, esp with their B's going undefeated,averaging 12+ goal wins it seems they have taken over walks in that department who for years i remember had an exceptionally strong reserves. I can't see any outs for them either (at this stage on the transfer list) so i can't see their reserves being any worse than last season which i am not looking forward to when it comes to our grudge match!
Gingin
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League