Club Payments Crackdown

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

Postby oyster » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:37 pm

Red Rocket wrote:* Bump *
After more consultation on the weekend it seems as though the leagues have 3 weeks to accept the new rules or be disaffiliated.
3 leagues holding firm and ready to walk despite all the bluff.
Will be interesting to see the outcome

3 leagues who won't budge is what I was told today.
The huff and puff and bluff doesn't appear to be working
oyster
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:08 pm

oyster wrote:
After more consultation on the weekend it seems as though the leagues have 3 weeks to accept the new rules or be disaffiliated.

Yep, definately 3 leagues.
Some clubs in other leagues very unhappy at not even being consulted by their league also.
The BL&G definately wont cave in and the ammos threats are just a big bluff, they will be called out on it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3571 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:18 pm

Jim05 wrote:
oyster wrote:

Some clubs in other leagues very unhappy at not even being consulted by their league also.
The BL&G definately wont cave in and the ammos threats are just a big bluff, they will be called out on it

One of the most idiotic comments I've read on here
Let's not forget the BL&G Reg about only being able to clear players into, and not within, their league.
I also remember the threats from your President about what would happen if we didn't join the APPS.
Last edited by Jimmy_041 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 1092 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jim05 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:26 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
oyster wrote:

One of the most idiotic comments I've read on here
Let's not forget the BL&G Reg about only being able to clear players into, and not within, their league.

How is it idiotic.
The clubs 100% voted no to the new rules and the association has backed the clubs all the way. We are obviously not the only league unhappy.
Still 3 weeks to try and meet somewhere in the middle but doesnt sound promising
Jim05
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:25 am

Regardless of any new rules or systems coming in it will be roughted by the clubs with the most cash. There is simply no way to police it. Unfortunately it will be the clubs that do the right thing that will be penalized as usual by it being an uneven playing field.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:48 am

Not sure how I feel about refusing to clear players who try to leave the BLGFA. Do you really want to penalise kids who leave the Barossa for uni or work? There would be a lot of innocent players caught up in it.

If the Barossa were left out of a cap would it undermine the effectiveness of it in the leagues that did opt in? Or would it just mean some of the more cash minded folk would go to the Barossa and maybe the relative standard of that league may increase a little.

Could Jimmy or someone else please explain how BLGFA not having a cap makes that big a deal?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 368 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:56 am

The Big Shrek wrote:Not sure how I feel about refusing to clear players who try to leave the BLGFA. Do you really want to penalise kids who leave the Barossa for uni or work? There would be a lot of innocent players caught up in it.

If the Barossa were left out of a cap would it undermine the effectiveness of it in the leagues that did opt in? Or would it just mean some of the more cash minded folk would go to the Barossa and maybe the relative standard of that league may increase a little.

Could Jimmy or someone else please explain how BLGFA not having a cap makes that big a deal?

It just means that the Chic-train (AKA - the Gawler line) can't come and go as they please ;) You should be thankful for the new rule 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:40 am

The Big Shrek wrote:Not sure how I feel about refusing to clear players who try to leave the BLGFA. Do you really want to penalise kids who leave the Barossa for uni or work? There would be a lot of innocent players caught up in it.

My understanding is that only blokes who clear out of the C9AFL for the BLG will be blacklisted. I.e if you clear out to Barossa Districts this year you won't be allowed to clear back into the C9AFL.

For a bloke who has come down from Nurioopta and hasn't previously played C9AFL, he could still be cleared in
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 726 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:55 am

unless BLG are planning on enforcing the same rule.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby jo172 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:59 am

Footy Chick wrote:unless BLG are planning on enforcing the same rule.

Eh? You've missed me?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:07 am

sorry, i didn't think that didn't make sense. :lol:

What's to say that BLG haven't also said that anyone who leaves BLG won't be allowed back into BLG.

PS: I have no idea if this is the case. I have a hard enough time keeping up with our own rules and regs, :oops:

Footy Chick

Postby jo172 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:09 am

Let's just build a Berlin wall on the outskirts of Gawler to prevent any footballers going in or out
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:06 pm

jo;
BLG already have it in their Rules & Regs that there are no internal transfers to ensure that their clubs have to import new players, so it's already the BLG v the rest of the leagues
They are also the main league that threatened the SAAFL about joining the APPS and the consequences of not joining it.
The salary cap was mainly wanted by the country leagues to stop their clubs killing themselves.
The vast majority of SAAFL are already within the cap
Personally, I am a free market advocate and am against the salary cap.
But, when I consider all of the above, and then read this, it suddenly gets my interest:
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:07 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:jo;
BLG already have it in their Rules & Regs that there are no internal transfers to ensure that their clubs have to import new players, so it's already the BLG v the rest of the leagues
They are also the main league that threatened the SAAFL about joining the APPS and the consequences of not joining it.
The salary cap was mainly wanted by the country leagues to stop their clubs killing themselves.
But, when I consider all of the above, and then read this, it suddenly gets my interest:

And Jimmy has two votes at the Board Meeting tonight, the new emperor of Footy in SA
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Q. » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:15 pm

and quotes like this:

oyster wrote:Not to worry. Half the country clubs I know are just doing as they please and no one gives a toss about the new rules. No one will police the salary cap that's right. Players from our club will just go around to his sponsor who gives him a brown bag. Dead easy. Not many clubs are going to abide by these silly rules. Those who do will only do it for 1 year before they realise the other clubs are doing as they please and winning flags and then they'll do the exactly the same. Propping up a few sh&tty city comps with the Ressies and ammos. Reserves footy is really rank and a group of us went to the city for the top grade ammo grandy this year. That was just snot

just begging for a club to be the first to be made an example of should the new rules be flagrantly broken
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jim05 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:19 pm

Maybe the country people just sick of the city folk trying to dictate terms to us. The league is very well ran and 6000 at the GF this year suggests we have a lot of things going for us.
As for the internal transfer rule as you call it, there are plenty of internal transfers with clubs often coming to agreements. Yes there are some that are denied and they can either stay at the club or move to another league
Jim05
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:33 pm

Q. wrote:and quotes like this:

oyster wrote:Not to worry. Half the country clubs I know are just doing as they please and no one gives a toss about the new rules. No one will police the salary cap that's right. Players from our club will just go around to his sponsor who gives him a brown bag. Dead easy. Not many clubs are going to abide by these silly rules. Those who do will only do it for 1 year before they realise the other clubs are doing as they please and winning flags and then they'll do the exactly the same. Propping up a few sh&tty city comps with the Ressies and ammos. Reserves footy is really rank and a group of us went to the city for the top grade ammo grandy this year. That was just snot

just begging for a club to be the first to be made an example of should the new rules be flagrantly broken

Or the first to declare bankruptcy and putting all of the club's directors in the shit!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:43 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Maybe the country people just sick of the city folk trying to dictate terms to us. The league is very well ran and 6000 at the GF this year suggests we have a lot of things going for us.
As for the internal transfer rule as you call it, there are plenty of internal transfers with clubs often coming to agreements. Yes there are some that are denied and they can either stay at the club or move to another league

Well, history will show (as above) it seems the BL&G are the ones who dictate terms to us when it suits them.
As I said, it wasn't us who pushed for the salary cap. It is just convenient for those that did to blame us
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:44 pm

Interesting that the BL&G was discussing its own salary cap last season.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:52 pm

Didn't answer my question Jimmy. Why not just let them opt out?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 368 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League