6%
Walkerville
6%

Total votes : 69

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

Postby Boosh » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:29 pm

jo172 wrote:
Footy Follower wrote:
Jetters wrote:Gepps were close to 100k last year in player payments and its unsustainable.

Maybe they are just cutting back to what they can afford

Wowsers that is a lot of dollars for Player payments. Especially when the club avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth!

If/when the league gets around to being able to implement a hard salary cap it's going to be interesting to see who it affects most.

Will never happen and if it did it would impact precisely no one.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby lovethegame » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:26 pm

Hi all. I am the new coach at Gepps. Ive been reading a lot of the chatter. Happy to honestly answer any polite questions you may have, within reason.
lovethegame
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Gepps Cross

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:29 pm

lovethegame wrote:Hi all. I am the new coach at Gepps. Ive been reading a lot of the chatter. Happy to honestly answer any polite questions you may have, within reason.

Are you really the coach of Gepps Cross?
What is your name?
What state where you coaching in last year?
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby lovethegame » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:31 pm

Yes I am. My name is Paul James, last year I was travelling a lot with work so worked on recruiting at my previous club, Queanbeyan Tigers, in the NEAFL
lovethegame
Mini-League

Postby EB53 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:56 pm

lovethegame wrote:Yes I am. My name is Paul James, last year I was travelling a lot with work so worked on recruiting at my previous club, Quean
beyan Tigers, in the NEAFL

Good luck for the coming season......you will need It!
EB53
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Cohiba » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:05 pm

lovethegame wrote:Yes I am. My name is Paul James, last year I was travelling a lot with work so worked on recruiting at my previous club, Queanbeyan Tigers, in the NEAFL

Do the Tigers have an association with a Navy side in the ACT......or is that in a different league....??
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:17 pm

EB53 wrote:
lovethegame wrote:Yes I am. My name is Paul James, last year I was travelling a lot with work so worked on recruiting at my previous club, Quean

A long time since the Boys from Northgate have been in Div 3. I played on big Laurence Scachke (RIP) briefly in a game in 97 or 98 when I played for Walkies. From memory Gepps played against Dom Fotias crime fuelled Glandore in the GF that year and that was the last time they where in Div 3 if my memory serves me correctly.

That GF also saw the infamous fight in the second quarter of the B Grade between Walkies and Gepps between 2 Glandore A graders on the Kenilworth mound. I have this on video, funny funny stuff :lol:

I want to wish your club and you all the best for the year and would be very surprised if they got relegated. Too many good passionate people around that club to let that happen.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:22 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
EB53 wrote:

A long time since the Boys from Northgate have been in Div 3. I played on big Laurence Scachke (RIP) briefly in a game in 97 or 98 when I played for Walkies. From memory Gepps played against Dom Fotias crime fuelled Glandore in the GF that year and that was the last time they where in Div 3 if my memory serves me correctly.

That GF also saw the infamous fight in the second quarter of the B Grade between Walkies and Gepps between 2 Glandore A graders on the Kenilworth mound. I have this on video, funny funny stuff :lol:

I want to wish your club and you all the best for the year and would be very surprised if they got relegated. Too many good passionate people around that club to let that happen.

Have I read that right WW.....I'm pretty sure they didn't get relegated to Div 3...... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:31 pm

Cohiba wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
EB53 wrote:

Have I read that right WW.....I'm pretty sure they didn't get relegated to Div 3...... :)

No but the suggestion or sentiment on this site is that they are on a hiding to nothing this year and it is inevitable. I don't necessarily agree with it. They have lost some quality but still plenty of good players in the mix. They will lure a few before the season starts I'd suggest. I don't make a secret that I spend a bit of time there so perhaps there may be some bias but they are very well set up and won't be the easy beats some are suggesting.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:46 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Cohiba wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

No but the suggestion or sentiment on this site is that they are on a hiding to nothing this year and it is inevitable. I don't necessarily agree with it. They have lost some quality but still plenty of good players in the mix. They will lure a few before the season starts I'd suggest. I don't make a secret that I spend a bit of time there so perhaps there may be some bias but they are very well set up and won't be the easy beats some are suggesting.

Looking up and down the fixture......I have a feeling that 4/5/6 wins may still be not enough to save any side from relegation in 2015...... Pencil in winners at your own peril I would think...... although Gino might be his ace in the hole..... ;)
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby lovethegame » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:23 pm

EB53 wrote:

Thanks, appreciate it
lovethegame
Mini-League

Postby lovethegame » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:24 pm

Cohiba wrote:
lovethegame wrote:Yes I am. My name is Paul James, last year I was travelling a lot with work so worked on recruiting at my previous club, Queanbeyan Tigers, in the NEAFL

Do the Tigers have an association with a Navy side in the ACT......or is that in a different league....??
No, there is a Defence Academy side in the ACT though
lovethegame
Mini-League

Postby lovethegame » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:25 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
EB53 wrote:

Thanks for your good wishes
lovethegame
Mini-League

Postby Cohiba » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:01 pm

lovethegame wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

The "Harman Hogs"...?
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Wasim1 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:55 am

EB53 wrote:

Who is this guy?
Has he got a dose of irits with Gepps, if you read his previous posts they were fairly positive but all you see now is negative 'bagging' of everything.
Bit like a jilted lover!
Wasim1
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:25 am

lovethegame wrote:Hi all. I am the new coach at Gepps. Ive been reading a lot of the chatter. Happy to honestly answer any polite questions you may have, within reason.

Hi Love the Game,

Welcome to Div 2. It's going to be a good year and a very even out comp. It will be anyones guess as to who will dominate, get relegated, play finals, etc...
Go the Bombers by the way!!!!
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby EB53 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:34 am

Wasim1 wrote:
EB53 wrote:

Who is this guy?
Has he got a dose of irits with Gepps, if you read his previous posts they were fairly positive but all you see now is negative 'bagging' of everything.
Bit like a jilted lover!

Yes you are right Wasim1, a huge dose!!!! Unfortunatly
EB53
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:01 pm

How's everyone's pre-season going so far?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:47 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:

Hi Love the Game,

Welcome to Div 2. It's going to be a good year and a very even out comp. It will be anyones guess as to who will dominate, get relegated, play finals, etc...
Go the Bombers by the way!!!!

Promotion Gaza and Broadies
Relegation Modbury and Unley
No doubt one of these will be way off but it is February and it is some educated guess work. I agree it should be a pretty even comp.

Yes to the 8 Bombers who are left to play after the drug suspensions, go you good things ;)
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby lovethegame » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:25 pm

Cohiba wrote:
lovethegame wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

The "Harman Hogs"...?

yes, they're not really a Navy side though, but were based at the Navy base originally
lovethegame
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League