C1 - season 2015

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: C1 - season 2015

Postby marbles » Wed May 06, 2015 7:28 pm

250+ wrote:
Darth Demon wrote:Spot On, C1 in 2015 promises to offer a few close matches week in week out, especially with the inclusion of Athelstone, Broadview, SHOC and Henley. SHOC v Athelstone and ROCS v Blacks - should return very high quality games this week. Lets try and get a report on those 2 matches.

Here's your report Double D!

SHOC vs Athelstone
A game of two halves. Both teams really only played a half of football and both ends were the scoring end for half of the game.
SHOC got away to a flyer, kicking with a 2-3 goal wind in the first quarter to lead by16 points at quarter time. Athelstone returned the favour to go into half time with a 4 point lead. Third quarter Athelstone held SHOC to 2 goals while kicking 3.2 to lead by 12 points at three quarter time. Last quarter SHOC kicked 2.6 unanswered to win by 6 points. The margin could have been much more if SHOC had kicked straighter.
The game was a see-saw battle with both teams working the ball out of defense and into attack with plenty of run and skill. When it wasn’t free-flowing, the in close work was hard with plenty of fierce attack on the ball and player from both teams.
Game was played in good spirits. SHOC are a fit, well drilled team which is to be expected considering players are pushing for a Div 1R game. Athelstone should do well in this comp even though there best players are only pushing for a Div3R game

A game of 2 halves cos with 25 players in the sides most blokes only got to play half a game!! :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 06, 2015 8:25 pm

marbles wrote:

A game of 2 halves cos with 25 players in the sides most blokes only got to play half a game!! :)

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby jo172 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:58 pm

marbles wrote:
250+ wrote:
Darth Demon wrote:Spot On, C1 in 2015 promises to offer a few close matches week in week out, especially with the inclusion of Athelstone, Broadview, SHOC and Henley. SHOC v Athelstone and ROCS v Blacks - should return very high quality games this week. Lets try and get a report on those 2 matches.

Here's your report Double D!

SHOC vs Athelstone
A game of two halves. Both teams really only played a half of football and both ends were the scoring end for half of the game.
SHOC got away to a flyer, kicking with a 2-3 goal wind in the first quarter to lead by16 points at quarter time. Athelstone returned the favour to go into half time with a 4 point lead. Third quarter Athelstone held SHOC to 2 goals while kicking 3.2 to lead by 12 points at three quarter time. Last quarter SHOC kicked 2.6 unanswered to win by 6 points. The margin could have been much more if SHOC had kicked straighter.
The game was a see-saw battle with both teams working the ball out of defense and into attack with plenty of run and skill. When it wasn’t free-flowing, the in close work was hard with plenty of fierce attack on the ball and player from both teams.
Game was played in good spirits. SHOC are a fit, well drilled team which is to be expected considering players are pushing for a Div 1R game. Athelstone should do well in this comp even though there best players are only pushing for a Div3R game

If only there was some kind of magical grade which would accept C Grade sides who were willing where you could only play 21?

I think that was called Div 7 and Henley used to have a team there?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby marbles » Wed May 06, 2015 10:07 pm

lol yes its was the land of great inequality but fortunately now justice has prevailed and the grades are pure!!

back to athelstone, its quite a credit to them having their cgrade looking quite strong against the div 1 clubs cgraders, so far so good for the raggies, lookin good, being a div 3 club
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby 250+ » Thu May 07, 2015 1:08 pm

Darth Demon wrote:
250+ wrote:
Darth Demon wrote:
Noice Work 250+!
Great to read a post on an actual game, rather than the malicious cr$p that fills most of these pages. Did you see the "Big Skuzz" going around? Ben Skurrie is one of the many "heart and soul" types for the Raggies. Must be getting close to 40, but still a very dangerous player. I noticed a Nathan Davies for SHOC kicking 3 goals. I wonder if that's the younger brother of the Unley Jets Davies Triplets (Andrew, Brett & Craig)? I know they were all Sacred Heart Old Scholars. Well done on putting that together, anyone else see a good C1 game last week?

Yes he is still going around. Very dangerous because he is very smart. Fast approaching 300 games at the Raggies. "Heart and soul" - 11years of A grade footy for just over 200 games, rarely missed one and never played B's. Knew his time was up so dropped to C Grade so as a) not to keep an up and coming player out of the B's and b) to give back to the Club and mentor those coming through. Also doesn't mid a beer or 10! Great guy.

A real genuine bloke, what you see is what you get. Looking forward to catching him in a few weeks time and having a beer after the game. I definitely won't go can for can with the Big Fella, but always glad to see him and share a story/beer or two. What about N. Davies from SHOC probably played FF barell chested strong 20 year old with Blonde/Sandy hair got a good leg on him…was that the same lad?

A guy by that description (no 16 I think) played at FF. Got hold of us early until we managed to man up on him and quieten him down.
250+
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Athelstone

Postby marbles » Sat May 09, 2015 9:02 pm

Wow flag favourite sacred heart smashed by Adelaide uni nearly 100 points :S
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby finn » Sun May 10, 2015 12:32 pm

marbles wrote:Wow flag favourite sacred heart smashed by Adelaide uni nearly 100 points :S

We were very good yesterday and SHOC struggled to move the ball well. They're a good side but Goodwood are much better. To me, the five is set already, only the order is in question.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby marbles » Sun May 10, 2015 1:07 pm

finn wrote:
marbles wrote:Wow flag favourite sacred heart smashed by Adelaide uni nearly 100 points :S

We were very good yesterday and SHOC struggled to move the ball well. They're a good side but Goodwood are much better. To me, the five is set already, only the order is in question.

something not right there, shocs must of lost a few to Bgrade or private school

In your opinion Finn who would win...

Adelaide Uni Div 7 vs Adelaide Uni C1
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Sun May 10, 2015 1:25 pm

marbles wrote:
finn wrote:

I watched both a couple of weeks back and their d7 team would win easily.

Their c1 team is better than their d7r side though
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby finn » Sun May 10, 2015 2:17 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:
finn wrote:

just out of curiousity Q, which c1 game did you see?

The 7s are young and quick but lack key targets forward and a large defender while the c1 side has the targets and the ball winning ability but does lack some outside speed mainly due to the average age. The div 7 side takes it a little more seriously as well and certainly seems to be more consistent in their output. It'd be closer than you may think and i'd back the c1 side to get the job done. Certainly, the question does get discussed over the course of the season.

Goodwood's c1 side would do very well in div 7.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby Q. » Sun May 10, 2015 2:30 pm

finn wrote:
Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:
finn wrote:[quote="marbles"]Wow flag favourite sacred heart smashed by Adelaide uni nearly 100 points :S

just out of curiousity Q, which c1 game did you see?

The 7s are young and quick but lack key targets forward and a large defender while the c1 side has the targets and the ball winning ability but does lack some outside speed mainly due to the average age. The div 7 side takes it a little more seriously as well and certainly seems to be more consistent in their output. It'd be closer than you may think and i'd back the c1 side to get the job done. Certainly, the question does get discussed over the course of the season.

Goodwood's c1 side would do very well in div 7.[/quote]
The game that was on before our games at university oval three weeks ago. I think they were playing Portland.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby marbles » Sun May 10, 2015 2:46 pm

Well where does the div 1 reserves coach look for upcoming players to fill spots in the bgrade

Are the bgrade reserves in div 7 or c1
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby finn » Sun May 10, 2015 5:31 pm

marbles wrote:Well where does the div 1 reserves coach look for upcoming players to fill spots in the bgrade

Are the bgrade reserves in div 7 or c1

The div 1 reserves look at all the lower grades to fill spots but they generally come from either the div 7 or c1 sides depending on the position being filled or whether available players are training with the higher grades. Uni doesn't have a linear club structure below the c grade, it's more groups of mates forming cores of the sides. Players wishing to play up are given the opportunities to do so and appropriate levels for new players often get found out through trial and error.
Q, that was our c2 side.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby marbles » Sun May 10, 2015 10:40 pm

so how about the bgraders who get dropped

who decides whether that player plays in C1 or in Div 7 this week

is there a ruling that says a player cannot be dropped from a bgrade to a dgrade in one week?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby finn » Sun May 10, 2015 11:01 pm

marbles wrote:so how about the bgraders who get dropped

is there a ruling that says a player cannot be dropped from a bgrade to a dgrade in one week?

B graders who get dropped go to the c grade. All our coaches exchange prospective teams during the week before final selection on Thursday at which all coaches attend and work out final teams. I'd assume all clubs do that though.
finn
League - Best 21

Postby marbles » Sun May 10, 2015 11:09 pm

finn wrote:
marbles wrote:so how about the bgraders who get dropped

B graders who get dropped go to the c grade. All our coaches exchange prospective teams during the week before final selection on Thursday at which all coaches attend and work out final teams. I'd assume all clubs do that though.

but we still are yet to establish which one is the cgrade ;) d7 or c1
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Feenix » Mon May 11, 2015 9:40 am

finn wrote:Goodwood's c1 side would do very well in div 7.

I reckon that side would take the flag in Div7 or come very close to it
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby marbles » Mon May 11, 2015 12:33 pm

Feenix wrote:

goodwoods C1 side just looked like a 2nd Div1 reserves side

somehow their cgrade must maintain fitness base levels equivalent to their agrade squad?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 12:33 pm

Feenix wrote:

Would like to see them beat Houghton.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby marbles » Mon May 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Houghton are hardly smashing sides the way smithfield or ingle farm did in div 7

Goodwood C1 vs Houghton Div 7 the winner would come down to which side executes the greatest intensity at training
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League