Sacred Heart OC
28%
Tea Tree Gully
2%

Total votes : 150

Re: SAAFL Div 7 & Div 7R (2011)

Postby KingCarey » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:26 pm

bar20 wrote:
Marching In wrote:Hearing rumours at the moment, it seem like Bourkey has gone on the poaching trail and absolutley raped Fitzroy dry! :butthead:

Leon and Mark Carvelas, Heath Nurton, Sean bus and Ryan Foley joining the Rams from the Roys. These blokes will dominate Div 7.

A few of these boys trained with Glenunga last November/December but did not end up playing for the Rams in the recent season :(. I'll beleive it, IF I see it
KingCarey
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby nuggety goodness » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:29 am

Jugs wrote:
Rowd072 wrote:Sean Buss again playing alongside Bourke in Div 7 huh...... there is going to be some serious damge done to opposition teams. I can see 18 and 0 W/L coming.....

They won't lose a game with those blokes playing and have made a mockery of Div 7. Why didn't Fitzroy have any brains and put Bourkey in charge of them? More of a challenge for them in Div 4 than an undefeated season in Div 7. :?

Surely it's too early to be throwing around those kind of assumptions!

I reckon Mawson Lakes were the sure things for a flag this time last year and that fell in a heap...

a set up for disappointment... we'll see...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Jugs » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:39 am

KingCarey wrote:
bar20 wrote:
Marching In wrote:Hearing rumours at the moment, it seem like Bourkey has gone on the poaching trail and absolutley raped Fitzroy dry! :butthead:

Leon and Mark Carvelas, Heath Nurton, Sean bus and Ryan Foley joining the Rams from the Roys. These blokes will dominate Div 7.

A few of these boys trained with Glenunga last November/December but did not end up playing for the Rams in the recent season :(. I'll beleive it, IF I see it

If Fitzroy appointed Shane Mitchell ahead of Chad Bourke last year, it appears Fitzroy's stuff up is Glenunga's gain!

I believe these guys have signed with the Rams and the Roys are adamant these guys are leaving. KingCarey has Mario Sabatino reached deeper into his pockets for next season? That guy has been keeping the Rams afloat for some time and was instrumental in last years signing of Bourke.
Jugs
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Blues Football Club

Postby The Riddler » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:58 am

nuggety goodness wrote:
Jugs wrote:
Rowd072 wrote:Sean Buss again playing alongside Bourke in Div 7 huh...... there is going to be some serious damge done to opposition teams. I can see 18 and 0 W/L coming.....

They won't lose a game with those blokes playing and have made a mockery of Div 7. Why didn't Fitzroy have any brains and put Bourkey in charge of them? More of a challenge for them in Div 4 than an undefeated season in Div 7. :?

Surely it's too early to be throwing around those kind of assumptions!

I reckon Mawson Lakes were the sure things for a flag this time last year and that fell in a heap...

a set up for disappointment... we'll see...

Yeah we were the punters favourites in November NG, but we hadn't picked up the quality of players Glenunga supposedly have :(
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:39 am

Rumour has it that Angle Vale has some cash at it's disposal. :)] :-?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4351 times
Been liked: 7956 times

Postby Perfect Drug » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:09 pm

The Riddler wrote:Yeah we were the punters favourites in November NG, but we hadn't picked up the quality of players Glenunga supposedly have :(

We aint knabbed any Div 1 premiership players though Riddler!!
Perfect Drug
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Marching In » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Perfect Drug wrote:
The Riddler wrote:Yeah we were the punters favourites in November NG, but we hadn't picked up the quality of players Glenunga supposedly have :(

1 Player does not make a team. (except in your case PD) :prayer:
Marching In
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby '00'02'03'07 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:56 pm

I hear that Brody Jessop may be getting back into coaching down at Wingfield next year. I dont know how many players he will find but will be interesting to see what developements happen down there.
'00'02'03'07
Under 16s

Postby Perfect Drug » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Marching In wrote:
Perfect Drug wrote:

Tru dat. Can 1 player make a team fail though? That may be more my category :lol:
Perfect Drug
Rookie

Postby Marching In » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:06 pm

Perfect Drug wrote:
Marching In wrote:
Perfect Drug wrote:

Tru dat. Can 1 player make a team fail though? That may be more my category :lol:

Ya never know. Mawson's demise last year might have been my fault :oops:
Marching In
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:07 pm

'00'02'03'07 wrote:I hear that Brody Jessop may be getting back into coaching down at Wingfield next year. I dont know how many players he will find but will be interesting to see what developements happen down there.

Got the call up mate? Back out of retirement perhaps... ?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby '00'02'03'07 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
'00'02'03'07 wrote:I hear that Brody Jessop may be getting back into coaching down at Wingfield next year. I dont know how many players he will find but will be interesting to see what developements happen down there.

Got the call up mate? Back out of retirement perhaps... ?

:lol: I think that ship has sailed mate. Just a little rumour I heard floating around the place ;)
'00'02'03'07
Under 16s

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:11 pm

'00'02'03'07 wrote: :lol: I think that ship has sailed mate. Just a little rumour I heard floating around the place ;)

hmm will be interesting to see what eventuates then
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Pfft stuff Glenunga, bring on the best i say, no point conceding defeat before the season even starts! Personally i think by announcing these players and people talking it up, only going to put added pressure on them to perform ala ML last season and also paints a massive target on them for sides as added motivation to perform better against them
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Perfect Drug » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:18 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Pfft stuff Glenunga, bring on the best i say, no point conceding defeat before the season even starts! Personally i think by announcing these players and people talking it up, only going to put added pressure on them to perform ala ML last season and also paints a massive target on them for sides as added motivation to perform better against them

Exactly PG...can't you see that I am trying to turn the attention back to ML? They are used to it this time of year :P

Reidy, Kennett, O'Gorman, Novosel. They could take over the world!!

"Stuff Glenunga" is a bit harsh tho...that puts a target on IF :)
Perfect Drug
Rookie

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:40 pm

Perfect Drug wrote:"Stuff Glenunga" is a bit harsh tho...that puts a target on IF :)

:lol: possibly a bit harsh..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Matty Thomas » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:07 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Pfft stuff Glenunga, bring on the best i say, no point conceding defeat before the season even starts! Personally i think by announcing these players and people talking it up, only going to put added pressure on them to perform ala ML last season and also paints a massive target on them for sides as added motivation to perform better against them

Dont have a real issue with everyone else talking up Glenunga, the Rams boys cant really prevent that ( Nice try though PD)but if a few of the Rams Boys got on here and started talking it up that it would be a big concern. Doubt you will see that though after last years finals experience.....a lesson learnt that the season goes for 22 weeks not 18 hopefully
Matty Thomas
Mini-League

Postby DKL » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:33 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

Glenunga are going to have 1 hell of an A grade next season with all these guys coming from Fitzroy. It really shows how much respect these blokes have for Bourke after playing with him and now wanting him to coach them aswell.

Signing Bourkey, who is an absolute gun and one of these best footballers I've ever played against, as coach last season was a fantastic move. Buss is a huge pick up for them, he's very agile, can take a strong mark and has the ability to kick bags of goals.

Not sure if $$$$ is respect, but if the rumours I'm hearing are true, Glenunga will be the biggest spending Div 7 side since CLG bought all those guns a few years ago. Good Luck to them but with quality of Bourke and co combined with the cattle they're picking up, can't see anyone getting close to them.
DKL
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:01 pm

DKL wrote:
but if the rumours I'm hearing are true, Glenunga will be the biggest spending Div 7 side since CLG bought all those guns a few years ago.

Which sides would pay players in Div 7 besides Glenunga? Obviously you can rule out the C Grade sides and Flinders U.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:54 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:Which sides would pay players in Div 7 besides Glenunga? Obviously you can rule out the C Grade sides and Flinders U.

Ingle Farm do NOT pay players
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League