SHOC
9%
SMOSH
7%

Total votes : 145

Re: Div2 in 2008

Postby finn » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:21 pm

White Unicorn wrote:
finn wrote:the blacks have started as well in their endeavour to get back to div 1 but look forward to the challenge that div 2 will present as there are some handy sides running around.
does this mean that the c1 team of uni heads into c2 this year - if so, looking forward to meeting my old alma mater of pnu and flogging the raggies again.

i reckon the Div 2 clubs C grade do play in C2. How is the recruitment going for the Blacks FInn?

know that there has been quite a few out at pre-season but only a few new guys - some straight from college so can't really expect too much from them but several long term injuries eg alesci to be back - some also from the intervarsity team. i'm also much more connected with the lower grades ie div 7 down than the top two sides.
at least there's more out now than we had in january last year and i think that roachy has a bit more of a handle now.
i guess time will tell; but at elast the committee is being active this year rather than solely relying upon the friend network.
expecting one or two from eudunda to come back.
hopefully it will only be a short stay in div 2.
Last edited by finn on Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Blue Boy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:01 pm

cruzn9 wrote:Athelstone has signed Stephen Carr for 2008 as coach & is in the process of recruiting/ signing some very talented players in the next few days.

Scott Hodges has quit as coach at Seaton Ramblers - How good a pick up he would be, if anyone got his signature as coach next year. His record speaks for it self.

Its a shame Athelstone had already signed a coach for 2008 because Hodgey would be the ideal coach to take athelstone to Div 2 in 2008.

Thank god Athelstone are out of div 3 - Has anyone seen the sides playing in that grade next year.

What sort of role will Robbo have this year @ the raggies ???
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:06 pm

Blue Boy wrote:
cruzn9 wrote:Athelstone has signed Stephen Carr for 2008 as coach & is in the process of recruiting/ signing some very talented players in the next few days.

Scott Hodges has quit as coach at Seaton Ramblers - How good a pick up he would be, if anyone got his signature as coach next year. His record speaks for it self.

Its a shame Athelstone had already signed a coach for 2008 because Hodgey would be the ideal coach to take athelstone to Div 2 in 2008.

Thank god Athelstone are out of div 3 - Has anyone seen the sides playing in that grade next year.

Head of the cheer squad...pisshead on the hill... :wink:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2173 times

Postby cruzn9 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:33 pm

Falcon Chick wrote:
Blue Boy wrote:

Head of the cheer squad...pisshead on the hill... :wink:

Well Said F/C - Im sure he will take that role very seriously. Who else do you think will stand up to those PNU Supporters. lol
cruzn9
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby cruzn9 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:51 am

Blue Boy wrote:

Nothing has been said yet by either party at Raggie land but I’m sure Robbo will stay involved in some way down at the club. A full knee reco might keep him out of the game but it won’t keep him down. He will be back in no time. 12 months rest and gym will do his body the world of good & I'm sure he hasn’t hung the boots up just yet.
cruzn9
Rookie

Re: SAAFL Div 2 2008

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:45 pm

A Uni will be the front runners for the flag. dark horse would be PNU.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 99 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Rotter » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:10 pm

Real McCoy wrote:Nic Yeomans to coach SHOC !!!!!
Paul Sandercock??? ex Norwood/Glenelg reserves coach and teacher at Sacred Heart.
Rotter
Under 18s

Postby Shirtfront » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:35 am

Any news regarding Modbury. Heard that some players were not happy with the club after the season finished, money not being payed and players not happy with coaches etc.
Shirtfront
League Bench Warmer

Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Blue Boy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:25 am

Shirtfront wrote:Any news regarding Modbury. Heard that some players were not happy with the club after the season finished, money not being payed and players not happy with coaches etc.

I rekon they will wait to see who rocks up to pre season training - to see if any one was really not happy !!! :wink:
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby White Unicorn » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:38 pm

Whats the word on PHOS? Has the ween recruited heavily? Heard a few bays players might be heading there...
White Unicorn
Rookie

Postby Shirtfront » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:22 pm

Blue Boy wrote:
Shirtfront wrote:Any news regarding Modbury. Heard that some players were not happy with the club after the season finished, money not being payed and players not happy with coaches etc.

I rekon they will wait to see who rocks up to pre season training - to see if any one was really not happy !!! :wink:

I believe it could be true that the coach was sacked via finding it out through a board member who thought the coach had already been told. If so, that i'm sure that would send players running.
Shirtfront
League Bench Warmer

Postby Blue Boy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:40 am

All I know is that all coaches needed to send in an application for any coaching position @ Modbury Football Club for season 2008 - that included any coach that coached there in 2007 !!!
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby OneNine » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:56 am

Blue Boy wrote:All I know is that all coaches needed to send in an application for any coaching position @ Modbury Football Club for season 2008 - that included any coach that coached there in 2007 !!!

Hasnt the job already been given to Harrison? he will not doudt bring along his boys, who one is very talented and had a good year at Broadview this year?
Everything is fair!
OneNine

Postby Blue Boy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:56 pm

OneNine wrote:
Blue Boy wrote:All I know is that all coaches needed to send in an application for any coaching position @ Modbury Football Club for season 2008 - that included any coach that coached there in 2007 !!!

Hasnt the job already been given to Harrison? he will not doudt bring along his boys, who one is very talented and had a good year at Broadview this year?

He obviously applied then !!!
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby Shirtfront » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:18 am

OneNine wrote:

Played ok, very quick, should dominate Div 2, but didn't have the defensive action or accountability for Div 1 from all reports. Modbury could be suffering a bit though, have heard several players looking elsewhere in SAAFL and country.
Shirtfront
League Bench Warmer

Postby Andy #24 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:27 am

White Unicorn wrote:Whats the word on PHOS? Has the ween recruited heavily? Heard a few bays players might be heading there...

On the SFL thread it said Moore is going to PHOS. Will the Weed play a few games? He's not that long removed from playing amateurs.
Andy #24
Under 18s

Postby Blue Boy » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:24 am

Shirtfront wrote:
OneNine wrote:

Played ok, very quick, should dominate Div 2, but didn't have the defensive action or accountability for Div 1 from all reports. Modbury could be suffering a bit though, have heard several players looking elsewhere in SAAFL and country.

I rekon alot of clubs face the same problem when an A grade coache changes - but some of the ins that replace some player outs may actually work in a clubs favour. I guess time will tell.
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Postby schimma » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:32 am

Have heard the raggies have picked up Ben Gordon from Mt Lofty. Looks like the chq book is open again?????? Who else have they picked up
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby White Unicorn » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:49 pm

heard paul sandercock appointed coach at Sacred Heart OC
White Unicorn
Rookie