Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 11, 2015 10:27 am

Anyone interested in talking football?

St Pauls are travelling along very nicely, Adel Uni a solid win over Salisbury West.. along with Houghton is this division a 3 horse race?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2015 10:28 am

Zartan wrote:Anyone interested in talking football?

St Pauls are travelling along very nicely, Adel Uni a solid win over Salisbury West.. along with Houghton is this division a 3 horse race?

Which end have they been warming up at?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon May 11, 2015 10:40 am

woodublieve12 wrote:3. Singing the song on the oval is a disgrace and my opinion on that will never change. Only winning a flag is when it's a acceptable imo

Absolutely =D>
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 10:41 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I've always thought it's who gets there first.
I used to hate warming up at the town end of the Moorook oval, but if the opposition got to the lagoon end first, so be it.
Same at Elizabeth, I'd rather warm up at the clubrooms end, not the Midway Road end, but so be it.
You went for a lap, the area was vacant. They're meant to be mind readers and know you're coming back?
Seriously, it's D7R and you're worried about which end you warm up at?
It would be FANTASTIC if people starting reading what I am saying before having a crack FFS!

No, it's not a big deal if they took our end, it's happened before and have I posted on here? No. I think Mawson Lakes did it most recently and we had a laugh about it.

BUT.

Angle Vale were then knobs about it. As i said here:

morell wrote:You would think when we're both warming up at the same end, the visitors would get the idea. Mistakes happen, and it's not a big deal, but it would've been nice if they went to the other end once they realised. We did it at Brahma Lodge one day, our bad, they started warming up near us, Wal Bennets quickly dragged us down to the other end. Its called respect and courtesy - it is sadly missing in today's modern amateur league it seems.

Instead, with Angle Vale, I got abused for being too close when I was having a set shot straight in front - told to "**** off down the other you shit ****" at my own home ground and elbowed in the back 4 times as people went past after I told them in no in certain terms that it's our home ground, we've warmed up at this end for 60 ******* years, but no I was too close to their lanes apparently.

This is what I am talking about - in isolation, none of this is a big deal, but "a death by a thousand cuts" as they say.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon May 11, 2015 10:43 am

morell wrote:We won by 15 goals.

Yet they sung their song on the field? :shock:
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 11, 2015 10:45 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
morell wrote:We won by 15 goals.

Yet they sung their song on the field? :shock:

Angle Vale A Grade won, Mitchell Park B Grade.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 11, 2015 10:47 am

FYi - the unedited scores still show in the Sunday Mail AND in sporting pulse...

so WTF are you going on about in the first place Morgs? According to both, MP won?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 10:48 am

human_torpedo wrote:I do find the warming up at the 'wrong' end garbage, simply that.. Give me a f*****g spell, just warm up at what ever end and get on with the game. Far more important and pressing matters to be concerned with than what end a side warms up
ITS NOT A BIG DEAL!

It was their attitude and abuse that combined with it which made it unpalatable.

human_torpedo wrote:Morell, you cant honestly have an issue with AV calling a head count when in fact you had too many players on the field? The follow up of the incorrect penalty is obviously a fair gripe, but you cant be slammign a club for pointing out a clear violation of the rules, whether its AFL or div7R mate ,rules are rules.. And its not AV problem if you didnt have enough off field support that day, and seeking symapthy for that just isnt on..
I can and absolutely do have an issue with AV calling a count in a D7R minor round game without giving us a warning first. Especially after the confusion was exacerbated by their umpire. And then despite our protests, made the wrong call in regards to resetting the score. Again, by their umpire.

human_torpedo wrote:We have skimmed over the most pressing matter of that day, maybe the AV coach should have locked down on Ellingham earlier and not let the form forward of div7R off the chain and his side may have been in the game a bit longer.. He'd surely be banging the door down on an A grade spot
This is all a cunning ploy to get my 2 goals back. :D

And there is absolutely 0% chance of me playing A Grade. Many ahead of me.
Last edited by morell on Mon May 11, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:49 am

My Bgrade boys sing it on the field without me and then in the change rooms with me. We went a season without singing it at all so probably are trying to make up for it
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 10:50 am

Footy Chick wrote:FYi - the unedited scores still show in the Sunday Mail AND in sporting pulse...

so WTF are you going on about in the first place Morgs? According to both, MP won?
Yeah we lost 5 goals I think, personally, I would like to see that score reinstated. An apology from AV would be nice too.
morell
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 11, 2015 10:53 am

If it was put into sporting pulse after the game, that would be the official score, wouldn't it?

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 11, 2015 10:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I prefer to get the shit end, if you can score goals from there you'll have no problems up the good end.

I think you're talking about something else there...
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2015 10:54 am

Surprise surprise, the rules seem a little grey.

29 COUNTING OF PLAYERS
29.1 The captain or acting captain of a team may at any time during a match request the field umpire count
the number of players of the opposing team who are on the playing field.
29.2 Where such a request is made the field umpire shall stop play and signal Time-on at the first available
opportunity and call into line, within the centre square, the players of both teams who are at that time
on the playing field and count the number of players.
29.3 Time-on may be initiated in matches where Time-on is not played if this is the desire of either of the
officiating Member Club timekeepers.
29.4 Where the team has more than the permitted number of players on the playing field the following
shall apply:
(a) field umpire shall instruct both goal umpires to record the scores of both teams at the time of the
player count.
(b) upon completing the count the field umpire(s) shall ensure that each team has the permitted
number of players on the field prior to recommencing the match
(c) a field umpire shall award a free kick to the captain or acting captain of the opposing team which
shall be taken at the centre circle or where play was stopped, whichever is the greater penalty
against the offending team;
(d) a fifty (50) metre penalty shall then be imposed from the position where the free kick was
awarded
(e) the field umpire shall report details of the player count to The League by 10.00am on the Monday
following the match.
(f) The League shall determine whether the offending team shall lose all points which it had scored in
the match up to the time of the count, and if so determined, The League shall have power to vary
the scores of the match and/or impose such other penalty as deemed appropriate by The League.

The last clause is a little open ended, it's either lose the points scored or not lose the points score IMO.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 10:55 am

We got on with the game and accepted the umpires decision so I guess it is official, yeah. I don't know how it would work to be honest.
morell
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2015 10:55 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I prefer to get the shit end, if you can score goals from there you'll have no problems up the good end.

I think you're talking about something else there...

:-"
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:56 am

morell wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:I do find the warming up at the 'wrong' end garbage, simply that.. Give me a f*****g spell, just warm up at what ever end and get on with the game. Far more important and pressing matters to be concerned with than what end a side warms up
ITS NOT A BIG DEAL!

It was their attitude and abuse that combined with it which made it unpalatable.

human_torpedo wrote:Morell, you cant honestly have an issue with AV calling a head count when in fact you had too many players on the field? The follow up of the incorrect penalty is obviously a fair gripe, but you cant be slammign a club for pointing out a clear violation of the rules, whether its AFL or div7R mate ,rules are rules.. And its not AV problem if you didnt have enough off field support that day, and seeking symapthy for that just isnt on..
I can and absolutely do have an issue with AV calling a count in a D7R minor round game without giving us a warning first. Especially after the confusion was exacerbated by their umpire. And then despite our protests, made the wrong call in regards to resetting the score. Again, by their umpire.

human_torpedo wrote:We have skimmed over the most pressing matter of that day, maybe the AV coach should have locked down on Ellingham earlier and not let the form forward of div7R off the chain and his side may have been in the game a bit longer.. He'd surely be banging the door down on an A grade spot
This is all a cunning ploy to get my 2 goals back. :D

And there is absolutely 0% chance of me playing A Grade. Many ahead of me.

why do they need to give a warning???
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3032 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 11, 2015 10:58 am

Ok, what I'm gathering here is that Morell is pissed because AV sung the song on the oval, even though AV lost according to Sporting pulse :lol:

There's a new trend - singing the song on the oval after you've lost :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 10:59 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The last clause is a little open ended, it's either lose the points scored or not lose the points score IMO.
We won the game even with the score being wiped, so I don't think anything will be done.

Gee wiz, wouldn't it have been easier if AV just gave us a heads up and we dragged a player off immediately. :roll:
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon May 11, 2015 11:00 am

Footy Chick wrote:Ok, what I'm gathering here is that Morell is pissed because AV sung the song on the oval, even though AV lost according to Sporting pulse :lol:

There's a new trend - singing the song on the oval after you've lost :lol:
Hahhaha nooooooooo

The Angle Vale A Grade won and sung the song on the oval - after a game which was played in good spirits and with no dramas at all.

The Reserves was where things got a tad out of hand.
morell
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 11, 2015 11:01 am

morell wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The last clause is a little open ended, it's either lose the points scored or not lose the points score IMO.
We won the game even with the score being wiped, so I don't think anything will be done.

Gee wiz, wouldn't it have been easier if AV just gave us a heads up and we dragged a player off immediately. :roll:

i am unsure why you are annoyed for AV not telling you. It's not there job to manage your bench...

i understand the frustration of the ruling regarding the score...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3032 times
Been liked: 2406 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League