Club Payments Crackdown

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

Postby Jetters » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:12 pm

Q. wrote:
Jetters wrote:Clubs like CLG, Glenunga and even Houghton (and plenty of other clubs) playing in bloody Div 7 pay staggering amounts to average players to deliver rubbish football.

Staggering amounts? Think again.

All our A-graders get 'paid'.. most get bar vouchers, a couple get $50-$75 a game.

And yes, we introduced a player budget to originally prevent players from being poached by other clubs, as DW has pointed out.

There are blokes on more than that. The fact that anyone gets anything, not to mention everyone!, at that level is staggering when the majority would be playing 3rds at most clubs
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Jetters » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:17 pm

Nichdanmatt wrote:of all people jetters,you & your club should shut your mouths about clubs paying out money,i know what it has cost unley to go from div 4 to div 2,possibly div 1,3-4 highly paid players each year,plus your good group of young players.SO SHUT THE HELL UP.

You don't know sh!t. At least some of our blokes can play. Your team would struggle against most high divisions Bs and you pay more for A grade than they do.
Jetters
Reserves

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Jetters wrote:
Q. wrote:
Jetters wrote:Clubs like CLG, Glenunga and even Houghton (and plenty of other clubs) playing in bloody Div 7 pay staggering amounts to average players to deliver rubbish football.

All our A-graders get 'paid'.. most get bar vouchers, a couple get $50-$75 a game.

And yes, we introduced a player budget to originally prevent players from being poached by other clubs, as DW has pointed out.

There are blokes on more than that. The fact that anyone gets anything, not to mention everyone!, at that level is staggering when the majority would be playing 3rds at most clubs

Adelaide Uni play their C-Grade in that division and are one of the stronger teams!
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Q. » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Jetters wrote:
Q. wrote:

Please stop, because you don't know what you're talking about.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:27 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Jetters wrote:
Q. wrote:

Adelaide Uni play their C-Grade in that division and are one of the stronger teams!

That's my point. These blokes are being offered hundreds to go play elsewhere.
Q.
Coach

Postby Nichdanmatt » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Jetters wrote:
Nichdanmatt wrote:of all people jetters,you & your club should shut your mouths about clubs paying out money,i know what it has cost unley to go from div 4 to div 2,possibly div 1,3-4 highly paid players each year,plus your good group of young players.SO SHUT THE HELL UP.

You don't know sh!t. At least some of our blokes can play. Your team would struggle against most high divisions Bs and you pay more for A grade than they do.

well I obviously know more than you,i can name 4 highly paid players in you A grade.mmmm.
Nichdanmatt
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby Jetters » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:49 pm

Nichdanmatt wrote:
Jetters wrote:

well I obviously know more than you,i can name 4 highly paid players in you A grade.mmmm.

You certainly don't, but If we have 4 'highly' paid players that's reasonable.

You pay your A grade more than we do and our Bs would beat you that's ridiculous.
Jetters
Reserves

Postby Nichdanmatt » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:57 pm

well that is just here say isn't it,you would have to actually have a game to prove that,some div 5 sides would beat the bottom 3 in div 4,i think you should just worry about unley mate.
Nichdanmatt
Rookie

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby Q. » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:38 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:It does impact on his club. Clubs in lower grades lose players to other clubs willing to pay - above, equal and below them in the club hierachy.
In fact, part of the paying players problem is that clubs in low grades feel the need to pay players to keep up with the rest.
It is ridiculous that people are getting paid to play in Div 7.

Nothing new here DW. Kym Koster was running around in D7 over a decade ago and I bet he wasn't doing it for nothing.
Q.
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:57 pm

Don't pay players = get criticised for being shit and not keeping up with the times.

Pay players = get criticised for paying players when not at a high enough standard.

Ryangosling.gif
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:06 pm

Q. wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:It does impact on his club. Clubs in lower grades lose players to other clubs willing to pay - above, equal and below them in the club hierachy.
In fact, part of the paying players problem is that clubs in low grades feel the need to pay players to keep up with the rest.

Nothing new here DW. Kym Koster was running around in D7 over a decade ago and I bet he wasn't doing it for nothing.

No doubt there's nothing new in it. However, it still doesn't make sense. Wasn't he the coach at the time, though? If so, I think there's a difference there.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Q. » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Q. wrote:

No doubt there's nothing new in it. However, it still doesn't make sense. Wasn't he the coach at the time, though? If so, I think there's a difference there.

He wasn't the coach IIRC.
Q.
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:38 pm

Q. wrote:

Correct he got a contract for his cleaning business in return for his footy I believe.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:08 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Q. wrote:

Correct he got a contract for his cleaning business in return for his footy I believe.

And no salary cap is going to stop that.
Showing it's a hard thing to get right.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:17 pm

It appears that the BLG may have already voted against the cap.

My sources tell me that if this is the case, about 5 other leagues will essentially blackball them and any player who leaves their league to play in the BLG will not ever be able to play for their original league again.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby morell » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Whoah.

Lights out if that happened.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby oyster » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:23 pm

That's absolutely brilliant if the BLG have also joined the other leagues, in not accepting the salary cap. The threat of not being allowed back into a league couldn't be enforceable under law, so that threat would never bother anyone. The other big problem, to the leagues who are throwing these threats out is that, is there are probably as many leagues in numbers, who won't accept the new rules. So again thats not an issue. Unfortunately the threats of not being allowed back into a league is just laughable, when the country clubs, and country leagues like the BLG own the balance of power over the SANFL reserves and the SAAFL. :lol: :lol: :lol: Comedy gold those threats.

Looks like it will again be open season again on city players, if the big leagues like the BLG refuse to play ball with the Fantasy Footy League. Their clubs out there, have buckets load more money than the city clubs, so it will be 0 points for players going into these leagues. It will be open season on city players, IF that's got any fact to it, about the BLG joining the other leagues in not accepting the salary cap.

I'm glad that many leagues have stuck to their guns and will do what they think is right for their league and not have some very, very average administrators, who have spent 2 years compiling a crap document, with little or no thought about country footy.
oyster
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:15 am

oyster wrote:That's absolutely brilliant if the BLG have also joined the other leagues, in not accepting the salary cap. The threat of not being allowed back into a league couldn't be enforceable under law, so that threat would never bother anyone. The other big problem, to the leagues who are throwing these threats out is that, is there are probably as many leagues in numbers, who won't accept the new rules. So again thats not an issue. Unfortunately the threats of not being allowed back into a league is just laughable, when the country clubs, and country leagues like the BLG own the balance of power over the SANFL reserves and the SAAFL. :lol: :lol: :lol: Comedy gold those threats.

Looks like it will again be open season again on city players, if the big leagues like the BLG refuse to play ball with the Fantasy Footy League. Their clubs out there, have buckets load more money than the city clubs, so it will be 0 points for players going into these leagues. It will be open season on city players, IF that's got any fact to it, about the BLG joining the other leagues in not accepting the salary cap.

I'm glad that many leagues have stuck to their guns and will do what they think is right for their league and not have some very, very average administrators, who have spent 2 years compiling a crap document, with little or no thought about country footy.

The whole thing about not permitting players to return to their original clubs would have to be rubbish, neither practical nor sensible.

I do note your comment above about the "Balance of Power" being held by the Country Leagues. Each country region gets 1 delegate for a total of 6. The Channel 9 league gets 4 delegates, Metro South Juniors get 1 (Amateur League clubs), North East Metro juniors get 1 (Amateur League clubs) and the Women's league gets 1 (run out of the Ammos HQ). So effectively the SAAFL has 7 votes, the Country leagues have 6.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby oyster » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:26 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
oyster wrote:That's absolutely brilliant if the BLG have also joined the other leagues, in not accepting the salary cap. The threat of not being allowed back into a league couldn't be enforceable under law, so that threat would never bother anyone. The other big problem, to the leagues who are throwing these threats out is that, is there are probably as many leagues in numbers, who won't accept the new rules. So again thats not an issue. Unfortunately the threats of not being allowed back into a league is just laughable, when the country clubs, and country leagues like the BLG own the balance of power over the SANFL reserves and the SAAFL. :lol: :lol: :lol: Comedy gold those threats.

The whole thing about not permitting players to return to their original clubs would have to be rubbish, neither practical nor sensible.

I do note your comment above about the "Balance of Power" being held by the Country Leagues. Each country region gets 1 delegate for a total of 6. The Channel 9 league gets 4 delegates, Metro South Juniors get 1 (Amateur League clubs), North East Metro juniors get 1 (Amateur League clubs) and the Women's league gets 1 (run out of the Ammos HQ). So effectively the SAAFL has 7 votes, the Country leagues have 6.

No one takes any notice what the ammos have to say, so that's not an issue. The "balance of power" I refer to, is that the country leagues can now carte blanche just attack any player (for recruiting purposes) that they want from the city, with points not being an issue. The country leagues also have the "balance of power" over city clubs with the money they have and the city clubs don't have. Also, if the city clubs are spending $50,000, then the country clubs are spending $100,000, so the country clubs will always attract the player. Win-Win for the country clubs. I was also told yesterday that the only thing extra it will cost country clubs, not affiliated with the Fantasy Footy League, is $2,400. Made up of $1,800 for insurance and $600 for Sporting Pulse. Hardly a big incentive to be a part of the FFL if what was told to me is true. The guy who told me is a local farmer and has been tied up with footy clubs in the bush all his life. I do trust him implicitly and he looked me in the eyes at the pub and was serious, so I can only take him on his word.
oyster
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby cracka » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:20 am

Pub p1ss talk eh, if that's not the most reliable source of information I don't know what is. :D
I do love how you're using the forum for a scare campaign though.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League