9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby carey » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:18 am

The_Informer wrote:
adr107 wrote:
carey wrote:Houghton picking up a few Fitzroy crickets for the upcoming football season I hear.....

Just the one and he will have to throw the shin pads away if he wants to make an impact before 'Roling' into the township ;)

Isn't he a soccer player!

He has seen the light and realized what the greatest game in the world actually is!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Cohiba » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:44 am

morell wrote:
Cohiba wrote:I don't disagree.....but nowhere did I advocate that such a vote should be taken!!!!...........In context it was purely a hypothetical.....given the amount of diverse opinion expressed on this forum last season about the turmoil within a small number of Clubs whose actions impacted directly or indirectly on others than just themselves. Citing the North Pines cricketers as a recent example if indeed it is the case......
Furr enuff.

I guess as a broad statement the perception outsiders have of a club or situation can often be very much removed from reality once the proverbial football whispers start creeping around the wall.

Some of the things I have seen written about on here and conveyed to me personally about MItchell Park are hilariously inaccurate.

Just for the record M......MP wasn't one of the "handful" that came to my mind......but it does explain why your hackles were raised..... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby morell » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Understand that, we're pretty much the patron saints of good football behaviour these days.

I was more referring to some of the stories that went around as to why we lost so many players last year. Some of them are hilarious.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby adr107 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:18 pm

The_Informer wrote:
adr107 wrote:
carey wrote:Houghton picking up a few Fitzroy crickets for the upcoming football season I hear.....

Just the one and he will have to throw the shin pads away if he wants to make an impact before 'Roling' into the township ;)

Isn't he a soccer player!

He was yes, hence the shin pads comment. Taken him out for a few light sessions already and the bloke is going to fit into the game very nicely....he can have my spot...

p.s. Lakes oval was a great place to conduct this testing.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:42 pm

morell wrote:Understand that, we're pretty much the patron saints of good football behaviour these days.

I was more referring to some of the stories that went around as to why we lost so many players last year. Some of them are hilarious.

I would think it takes more than a season of good behaviour to become a patron saint of good football behaviour.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby morell » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:47 pm

Utterly agree, which is why we've had 5+ seasons of good behaviour to gain our title :D
morell
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:52 pm

morell wrote:Utterly agree, which is why we've had 5+ seasons of good behaviour to gain our title :D

except for that one guy who went skitz during the final at Glandore a couple of years back ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:57 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
morell wrote:Utterly agree, which is why we've had 5+ seasons of good behaviour to gain our title :D

except for that one guy who went skitz during the final at Glandore a couple of years back ;)

That was the incident that I thought of, it was 2013 Prelim
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Cohiba » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:24 pm

As an aside.......does forum clock not reset to daylight saving........or is it a case of ...?????
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:55 pm

DIY, go to the user control panel.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby morell » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:36 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Pssccch, barely got a suspension. ;)
morell
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:49 pm

Footy Chick wrote:DIY, go to the user control panel.

TY
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Yank Man » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:03 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Yes and was in the reserves and the player concerned was moved on. You can't always control a person ALL the time and he quickly learned that his actions will no longer be tolerated at MP. He was a recruit and a first year player and that is no excuse but discipline is the key word at the den and as morell has said, has been for the last 5 years.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby jake the snake » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:31 pm

Please you mitchell park people are amazing, the player wasn't moved on, he left off his own accord, I remember mitchell park folk saying it wasn't a major incident
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby morell » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:33 am

jake the snake wrote:Please you mitchell park people are amazing, the player wasn't moved on, he left off his own accord, I remember mitchell park folk saying it wasn't a major incident
This is mostly correct. Especially the part about Mitchell Park people being amazing.

He did indeed leave of his own accord. If Tom had of played for MP in 2014 there would have been some very heavy handed club imposed sanctions at the start of the year however. Which is what I think yankman was referring to by "moved on".

I dont think it was a "major" incident. He got 4 games with 2 suspended, whilst not good and not condoned, it's hardly front page Advertiser stuff.
morell
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:27 am

Definitely not the worst I've seen - actually I thought it was fairly amusing at the time

Tom v the world..haymakers everywhere :lol:

Mitchell Park are not different from 90% of other clubs - there aren't many clubs that get NO reports in any given year.

Far be it from any pots around here to call the kettle black.

Footy Chick

Postby morell » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:47 am

He also didn't throw the first - nor did he start it. People forget that though and focus on the nasty looking guy from Mitchell Park rather than the pretty boy with a big mouth who starts fights every time we play Lockley's. Of course no-one from Lockley's got reprimanded or even reported... perhaps that had a little bit to do with the "non-bias" umpire who seemingly knew all the Lockleys players first names and referred to them all as mates ;)

Nonetheless this all got brought out in the tribunal and the panel did a great job assessing it all. The main charge from the "non-bias" umpire was completely thrown out. And to be honest he was made to look a bit silly.

Tom did get away with a couple of minor indiscretions during the year however, which is why he got dropped. Tom knew he was on his absolute last chance with us. Not sure if thats why he decided to move on or not.

He's a good bloke and a talented footballer, I hope he sorts it all out and has a long career.
morell
Coach

Postby norm11 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:37 am

Is there likely to be 10 teams in this div??
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:12 am

Well it looks like the SPOS thing is up and running according to their FB site.

Good time for the Lakes to change their official mascot to the mozzie, like I suggested when they first moved ;)

Plus, it sounds catchier 8)

In all seriousness though, is there any word on how this will affect the Lakes, if at all?

I'd say Greenies and the Farmers could possibly be impacted too.

We really need another club in our area like a hole in the head.

Footy Chick

Postby Fricky » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:43 am

Footy Chick wrote:Well it looks like the SPOS thing is up and running according to their FB site.

Good time for the Lakes to change their official mascot to the mozzie, like I suggested when they first moved ;)

Plus, it sounds catchier 8)

In all seriousness though, is there any word on how this will affect the Lakes, if at all?

I'd say Greenies and the Farmers could possibly be impacted too.

We really need another club in our area like a hole in the head.

Its up to SAAFL HQ to maintain the club numbers, not sure how they can bring a new club in when there are several clubs struggling to field teams
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League