SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

Postby The Informer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:53 am

Did Para Hills really only start sats game with 16 and Podz had to play?

After last weeks effort that is a huge suprise
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:58 am

They need you back mate ;)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Informer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:01 am

lol, they did tell me that last Friday night but i see all those blokes didnt play this week!

Poor Podz!
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Cohiba » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I dont know what sort of satisfaction some of these players can get by playing at a level beneath what they are capable of.

If it wasn't for mates playing at the Club ...the bloke might not play at all.....The motivation and "satisfaction" for playing football is different from one person to another...... It wouldn't be a precedent for players going from one club to another because he has friends playing there. Many would call it the freedom to choose....

What it does is provide opportunity for someone who wants to perhaps better himself in a higher grade and besides, I don't know too many Clubs that would tell a player he must play in whatever grade or he can piss off...........As long as the choice remains with the player the Coaches have carte blanche to convince him otherwise.
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Cohiba » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I dont know what sort of satisfaction some of these players can get by playing at a level beneath what they are capable of.

If it wasn't for mates playing at the Club ...the bloke might not play at all.....The motivation and "satisfaction" for playing football is different from one person to another...... It wouldn't be a precedent for players going from one club to another because he has friends playing there. Many would call it the freedom to choose....

What it does is provide opportunity for someone who wants to perhaps better himself in a higher grade and besides, I don't know too many Clubs that would tell a player he must play in whatever grade or he can piss off...........As long as the choice remains with the player the Coaches have carte blanche to convince him otherwise.
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Cohiba wrote:I don't know too many Clubs that would tell a player he must play in whatever grade or he can piss off...........As long as the choice remains with the player the Coaches have carte blanche to convince him otherwise.

If a player makes himself available to play football for the club, and the circumstances dictate that he is required in a different grade than he wants to be in whether higher or lower, then tough shit you play where you are picked in the best interests of the club.

If it is such a big issue, go through the right avenues and speak to someone about it.

I would have no hesitation dropping a player if he refused to play in a different grade..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Cohiba wrote:I don't know too many Clubs that would tell a player he must play in whatever grade or he can piss off...........As long as the choice remains with the player the Coaches have carte blanche to convince him otherwise.

If a player makes himself available to play football for the club, and the circumstances dictate that he is required in a different grade than he wants to be in whether higher or lower, then tough shit you play where you are picked in the best interests of the club.

If it is such a big issue, go through the right avenues and speak to someone about it.

I would have no hesitation dropping a player if he refused to play in a different grade..

There you go....the Farmers are one....... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:03 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

i awlays thought every club had players who probably could play better but only want to play C grade or lower there is always someone who wants to play better football pick them instead regardless of skill
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Cohiba » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:16 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
Cohiba wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

i awlays thought every club had players who probably could play better but only want to play C grade or lower there is always someone who wants to play better football pick them instead regardless of skill

Could very well be the case......the exception being Ingle Farm ....
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:25 pm

I don't disagree with what you are saying, but depends on circumstances as well, and I know I would also prefer the person whose committed to the cause than the bloke who only wants to play in a team with mates, but I'm talking about someone clearly being a better option who refuses and the club suffers as a result.

As long as everyone is winning who cares lol, but if a higher side is getting flogged while a guy dominates and gets 40 kicks a game in a lower side well that's crap.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:34 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I don't disagree with what you are saying, but depends on circumstances as well, and I know I would also prefer the person whose committed to the cause than the bloke who only wants to play in a team with mates, but I'm talking about someone clearly being a better option who refuses and the club suffers as a result.

As long as everyone is winning who cares lol, but if a higher side is getting flogged while a guy dominates and gets 40 kicks a game in a lower side well that's crap.

If there were half a dozen such "gun" players.... that would strengthen your point of view PG.

My observation has been that one or two blokes whose sole motivation is to play "with their mates", have less of an impact in a team situation particularly if that teams is already struggling in that season. It is something that is difficult to quantify.

Many of these guys have done their time at the sharp end of the stick and are..... as is so often said..... out for a "kick and catch". If a Club has the numbers to fill its A's and B's and the Club fields other grades....well the forum is full of how the lower grades often struggle for numbers.

Hence my point regarding Clubs rarely turn away players keen to join their ranks at any grade......The fact a player may be getting 40 kicks in a 'D' Grade side.....doesn't necessarily mean he would get away with that in the A's.

We just have differing viewpoints on the subject..... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby TheAussieBogan » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:09 pm

The_Informer wrote:
TheAussieBogan wrote:While I don't have the skills to have the option to play in a league beneath my ability. Why play with a bunch of people you don't know, may not like or get along with when you can play with friends, celebrate with friends etc?

Playing with friends is the only reason i still strap the boots on Thursdays and Saturdays.

Do you play for a club or your mates?

If it wasn't for my mates, I wouldn't be playing at all. I was ready to make the transition to beer drinking on the couch at the start of the season
TheAussieBogan
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Lockleys v Ingle Farm - Should be a very interesting battle as the two remaining undefeated sides clash in to kick off a massive Round 9. Triple header at Lockleys and outright top spot up for grabs, will be a very tough contest.

Hectorville v Mawson Lakes - Rumour that Heccies captain's season has ended is a big blow for the Hounds, I think they may struggle to cover the experienced Lakes outfit who will be hoping to further entrentch themselves in the 5.

Pooraka v Rosewater - Pooraka limped to the bye round, will hopefully have some players back now but I fear they'll be chasing Bulldog tail all day, Rosewater to win by 8 goals +

Para Hills v Modbury - Triple header game at Para Hills, will this make Para Hills stronger? Will players be available for the earlier time slot? A Modbury win will see them stay in touch with the 5 and possibly leap frog Mawson Lakes if they lose. The Hawks have shown over the past few weeks they are capable of playing good quality football with a couple of respectable losses to the top sides. I am on the Modbury wagon for this game, to win by 18-30 points.

TOS v Glenunga - TOS at home with Krieg firing up forward should prove too difficult for the improved Glenunga outfit. A loss to Glenunga could possibly see it drop further behind Modbury & Mawson Lakes in the fight for 5th spot.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Alan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:52 pm

Rumour surfacing around Rosewater is that one B.Horsell after playing a few Superules games has itchy feet for the real stuff and may appear in their C grade?
Alan

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:16 pm

Alan wrote:Rumour surfacing around Rosewater is that one B.Horsell after playing a few Superules games has itchy feet for the real stuff and may appear in their C grade?

Revise my margin.. Rosewater to defeat Pooraka by 15 goals..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:59 pm

He is too busy working out his match ups, game plans and which lollies to have for his under 8s
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Alan » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:38 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:He is too busy working out his match ups, game plans and which lollies to have for his under 8s

Beefy! Any news on whether my rumour has eventuated?
Alan

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Alan wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:He is too busy working out his match ups, game plans and which lollies to have for his under 8s

Hasn't been named on the team list on the saafl site.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Alan » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:45 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Alan wrote:

Hasn't been named on the team list on the saafl site.

May not eventuate! The old fellas will love having him playing with them on the Sunday!
Alan

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Wasnt spotted at training...
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater