Angle Vale
16%
Flinders Uni
9%

Total votes : 101

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2013

Postby Yank Man » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:56 pm

dee man wrote:
watchdog wrote:Hearing a Mitchell Park player is speaking to a southern league club, perhaps on the move

just putting himself out their in the coaching ranks
if he does get a gig ,whether in the southern or saafl leagues he will do very well and wiould be able to gather great support

Yes, and may still play at the den even if he gets a gig coaching. Or he may even get the the Den. Whatever he does he has my full support. Great person and will make a very good coach, just hope he's one of mine. :lol:
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 327 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Yank Man » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:11 pm

marbles wrote:Theres 7 agrade ingle farm houghton anglevale nthpines smithfield flindersuni wingfield any others?

Ingle Farm, Houghton, Angle Vale and North Pines. That is 4. The rest will come from TTG, Henley, Flinders Pk, Modbury, Shoc and 2 from Div 8. That's 11. Div 7 next year will have a max of 4 A grade teams at best, unless Smithfield and Flinders Uni get an 'option'.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 327 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby marbles » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:42 pm

Yank Man wrote:
marbles wrote:Theres 7 agrade ingle farm houghton anglevale nthpines smithfield flindersuni wingfield any others?

Ingle Farm, Houghton, Angle Vale and North Pines. That is 4. The rest will come from TTG, Henley, Flinders Pk, Modbury, Shoc and 2 from Div 8. That's 11. Div 7 next year will have a max of 4 A grade teams at best, unless Smithfield and Flinders Uni get an 'option'.

I sincerely hope the actual players of smithfield and flnders uni get to play in div 8 and get to feel the conviction of being a contender each week rather than say in div 7 they hav a great preseason but all to discover by about round 4 that in div 7 they will be bound to get thrashed AGAIN every week for the rest of 2013.it sucks for the reputation of the club to go down a division but its not fair on the players themselves who actually pay the fees to play every week and just wanna enjoy some success in a saturday game if footy
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 262 times

Postby Bigshow82 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:25 am

marbles wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

I sincerely hope the actual players of smithfield and flnders uni get to play in div 8 and get to feel the conviction of being a contenter each week rather than say in div 7 they hav a great preseason but all to discover by about round 4 that in div 7 they will be bound to get thrashed AGAIN every week for the rest of 2013.it sucks for the reputation of the club to go down a division but its not fair on the players themselves who actually pay the fees to play every week and just wanna enjoy some success in a saturday game if footy

Marbles I can't believe that you keep putting Smithfield in the same basket as Flinders Uni? Give the club a break. It was there first season back as a club with 2 teams so I am sure as a club not having to forfeit any games in the season they would see that as a succesful season for the club, regardless of results. They have just started to rebuild and I have no doubt after improving through out the year they will continue to improve over the preseason and be very competetive next season. As ex players and new players realise they have worked so hard to change things at the club more and more people/players will return or head to the club. If you send them down to div 8 that will just make it harder for the club to continue to build. Also all you will be doing is bring up another C grade side that if succesful will just decline promotion and cause all the same talk that we are currently going through. I have not heard anything different as yet coming out of SAAFL to say Div 8 will be changed from a C & D grade div so until I do hear something then relegation from Div 7 is not possible as it is the lowest A grade division in SAAFL.

For the record I am not bagging Flinders Uni or suggesting they should go to Div 8 either just stating I think Smithfield and Flinders Uni are in different situations.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby happilyretired » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:44 am

hey guys, obviously my first post. I am not officially involved in any club (as my username suggests, i am veeerry happily retired! :) ) but just a keen observer of the SAAFL.

I do know someone who was talking to a person at Flinders Uni and they have recruited for next year and will be pushing hard to stay in Div 7.

The players are not getting paid at all and i understand there are quite a few who were on big money at their previous clubs but the lure of 'all playing together' etc. and i did hear they wee getting paid in beer? but i dont know how much of that is true..! (not a bad deal if it is) They have had a host of new sponsors jump on board and that is covering the guys rego fees etc.

Alot of them went to school together, as i saw briefly mentioned in the thread earlier, and i undrestand there are a few sets of brothers that can all play..

I think you will see a very different Crabs outfit if this mail is correct..

I hope for their sake it is..

I Love the healthy banter amongst the div 7 forums!
happilyretired
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Executive Member » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:16 am

If I was a betting man I would lay some $$$ on both Smithfield and Flinders Uni being in Div 7
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:26 pm

Executive Member wrote:If I was a betting man I would lay some $$$ on both Smithfield and Flinders Uni being in Div 7

I'll take your bet your proably gonna regret.

Both Smosh & ourselves do have the option to go to D7 if we want to. We won the the GF so will definatley be considering it seriously as we have been trying to get into D7 for several years.

Last year we asked the question would it have promotion and relegation and the answer was yes.
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby One Eyed » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Is big Ross brokenshea on his way back to the crabs to steer the ship
One Eyed
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Executive Member » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:54 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
Executive Member wrote:If I was a betting man I would lay some $$$ on both Smithfield and Flinders Uni being in Div 7

Both Smosh & ourselves do have the option to go to D7 if we want to. We won the the GF so will definatley be considering it seriously as we have been trying to get into D7 for several years.

Last year we asked the question would it have promotion and relegation and the answer was yes.

to paraphrase the great Jerry McGuire "Show Me The Rule" that D8 has promotion ;)
Executive Member
Veteran

Been liked: 140 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:16 pm

One Eyed wrote:Is big Ross brokenshea on his way back to the crabs to steer the ship

No
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby marbles » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:17 pm

I still get to play a few games in my old age when the team is short on numbers. So im still a player really and yet to retire and i still get to experience the on field self esteem of an individual which i at the same time also endure being appart of the onfield experience.

In retirement the sailing of the ship against an opposition side will forever be lost. When one no longer plays u can only play the off field role and im guessing ill begin to forget what is truly like being a player.

What is most important here is the players enjoyment and the memories the players gain by what they contribute during each game
by being ignorant to what is the true product of a football club and sacrificing the potential of great times for potential of ok times by staying in div 7 then i feel deeply sorry for the players who will hav wear the guernsey and once again get thrashed and inevitably go home having invested their money for possible fun good times only to recieve painful continual demoralizing regretful losing days of football
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby lutz » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:38 pm

Marbles, apparently Daryl Pearce will not be coaching Henley's D7 side. Do you know who the likely replacement will be? What about the reserves coach, which is also vacant?
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby marbles » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:41 pm

lutz wrote:Marbles, apparently Daryl Pearce will not be coaching Henley's D7 side. Do you know who the likely replacement will be? What about the reserves coach, which is also vacant?

sure sure u just made that rumour up :P
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby lutz » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:43 pm

marbles wrote:
lutz wrote:Marbles, apparently Daryl Pearce will not be coaching Henley's D7 side. Do you know who the likely replacement will be? What about the reserves coach, which is also vacant?

sure sure u just made that rumour up :P

Are you in the running? ;)
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby marbles » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:44 pm

me or yankman :lol:
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby finn » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:30 pm

marbles wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

I sincerely hope the actual players of smithfield and flnders uni get to play in div 8 and get to feel the conviction of being a contender each week rather than say in div 7 they hav a great preseason but all to discover by about round 4 that in div 7 they will be bound to get thrashed AGAIN every week for the rest of 2013.it sucks for the reputation of the club to go down a division but its not fair on the players themselves who actually pay the fees to play every week and just wanna enjoy some success in a saturday game if footy

Div 8 was set up, I believe, as a c and d grade only competition to cater for the clubs in the lower grades with two or more teams.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:30 am

Executive Member wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:

to paraphrase the great Jerry McGuire "Show Me The Rule" that D8 has promotion ;)

PROMOTION AND RELEGATION
37.1 Subject to Clauses 37.4 and 37.5 herein the Member Clubs occupying the lowest two positions on the premiership table in the Divisions with a reserve Division (except the lowest Division of The League and the lowest Division of The League with a reserve Division) at the end of the minor round of matches in each Division, not being a reserve Division, shall be relegated to the Division below their current Division in the following season.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:42 am

marbles wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Yeah, Smithfield got thrashed week in, week out, keep typing your illiterate crap mate so I can get my 7 year old to pick the grammatical errors.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8068 times

Postby marbles » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:34 am

Wot?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:50 am

Broadview have officially applied for D7

FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League