HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:11 pm

PAOC v South Broken Hill wouldn’t be a pretty result :shock:
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby wenchbarwer » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:14 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:PAOC v South Broken Hill wouldn’t be a pretty result :shock:

I was thinking the exact same thing! :lol:
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby Toto » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:35 pm

It's a good idea.

All the Premiers of each competition to play in a knockout competition for the Premiers Cup-determining the best club outside the SANFL. Grand Final to be played on the weekend of Gather Round.

For the sake of the draw below, I'll have the highest seed go through as the winner (*), but there would be some pretty competitive games each week.

Qualifier Week 1
United Yeelanna (GFFL) vs Lincoln South (PLFL)*
Ports (EEFL) vs West Whyalla (WFL)*
Western United (WEFL) vs Kadina (YPFL)*
Orroroo (NAFA) vs BSR Tigers (NEFL)*
Kalangadoo (MSEFL) vs Millicent (WBFL)*
Miners (FNFL) vs Prop Risdon (SGFL)*
Finke (APYFL) vs South Broken Hill (BHFL)*
Kingscote (KIFL) vs Border Districts (KNTFL)*
Gumeracha (HFL Div 2) vs Jervois (RMFL)*
Sedan Cambrai (MVFL) vs Barmera Monash*

Round of 16 Week 2
Prince Alfred OC (AdFL Div 1)* vs South Broken Hill (BHFL)
Two Wells (APFL)* vs Barmera Monash (RFL)
South Gawler (BLGFA)* vs Lincoln South (PLFL)
West Whyalla (WFL)* vs Prop Risdon (SGFL)
Millicent (WBFL)* vs Border Districts (KNTFL)
Nairne Bremer (HFL Div 1)* vs Jervois (RMFL)
Flagstaff Hill (SFL)* vs BSR Tigers (NEFL)
McLaren Districts (GSFL)* vs Kadina (YPFL)

Quarter Finals Week 3
Prince Alfred OC (AdFL Div 1)* vs Two Wells (APFL)
South Gawler (BLGFA)* vs West Whyalla (WFL)
Millicent (WBFL) vs Nairne Bremer (HFL Div 1)*
Flagstaff Hill (SFL) vs McLaren Districts (GSFL)*

Semi Finals Week 4
Prince Alfred OC (AdFL Div 1) vs South Gawler (BLGFA)
Nairne Bremer (HFL Div 1) vs McLaren Districts (GSFL)

Final Week 5 - Gather Round
? vs ?[/quote]

This is exceptional mate! I know it’s probably a very distant dream. But with the amount of footy knowledge in this forum as a whole. Could it be possible, maybe on a smaller scale, or even have divisions (e.g. GSFL, HFL D1, BLGFA, SFL, RMFL Division 1)?
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:40 pm

Realistically you would have to take out Ammos D1 (They’d win it 98% of the time given their depth and talent) and outside of that there would only be 3-4 comps that would be a chance of taking it out.

Put all of that debate aside hypothetically the only way you would make it enticing is financial incentive. The salary caps in place put an end to all of that as it would be incredibly unfair to other clubs within their comps.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Aerie » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:44 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:PAOC v South Broken Hill wouldn’t be a pretty result :shock:

Yes, there’d be some games like that. But for the sake of giving a chance for every club and giving more meaning to the concept. Plus, if the first three rounds are in pre-season, stronger clubs can manage players.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 506 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:57 pm

Aerie wrote:

Yes, there’d be some games like that. But for the sake of giving a chance for every club and giving more meaning to the concept. Plus, if the first three rounds are in pre-season, stronger clubs can manage players.

I get it mate, it all sounds awesome to have a champions league. Clubs on the Eyre Peninsula, Kangaroo Island and Broken Hill ain’t driving 100’s of kms to get mauled by 20+ goals every year in a 40 minute game of footy. If PAOC played South Broken Hill they’d get pumped by 25+ goals in 2x20 minute halves plus time on. No ones signing up for that.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Toto » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:14 am

Any more news on trials yesterday? Hahndorf did a number on Mclaren apparently, Clamp looking scary. Echunga v Kilburn? Blackwood v Langhorne Creek? Any more?
Toto
Under 16s

Postby scottroo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:19 am

Kilburn over echunga by 6 goal
scottroo
League - Best 21

Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Toto » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:33 am

Happy to eat my words there Scottroo. Echunga have let me down… :oops:

Did you watch the game mate? Have heard echunga have a couple absolute gun recruits?
Toto
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:13 pm

Strathalbyn over a young & depleted Onkas by 4-5 goals. Strath looked quite slick at times.
Apparently Onkas over Encounter Bay last weekend in a 6 term game after being down by 9 at 2/6th time :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Dutchy » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:32 pm

scottroo wrote:Kilburn over echunga by 6 goal

3 goals, very tight all day, Echunga up at half time when I left, a number of B graders played 8 quarters.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby oldman » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:13 pm

Toto wrote:Happy to eat my words there Scottroo. Echunga have let me down… :oops:

Did you watch the game mate? Have heard echunga have a couple absolute gun recruits?

Who are these absolute gun recruits Echunga have?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Toto » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:10 am

I had hears 2-3 ex league footballers again? I’ve not got names sorry mate….. Had heard possibly Agnew back as well? They’d be better off recruiting 4-5 “Solid” players and then try and poach a heap of depth like players on the fringe at stronger clubs that are 0 points. Their top few players are always outstanding but their bottom 5-10 are probably average reserves players at most other D1 clubs.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:34 am

70K bill from the Sumit thrown at the HFL. Must have been a big party they held there.

This now becoming a very messy divorce between the Sumit and HFL/Mt.Barker. Best surface in the Hills not being used for HFL footy.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby wazzal77 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:51 pm

The Summit. The biggest waste of money - somewhere the purpose of what this was meant to be evolved into a facility to cater for SANFL and above leagues as far as surface goes- mismatched with a not fit for purpose Clubroom that is inept at being able to create income (a caravan sized kitchen and no bar!).
I cannot see how this ground and it’s setup will ever be successful. Whoever signed off on rhis saying this is good idea - has no idea!
Should it be sold off and funds used to pay the debt off and then the council invest in all of its towns sporting facilities. A far wider and long lasting impact .
I hope the soccer club isnt drowning in debt as well…
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Barkeroo » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:07 pm

wazzal77 wrote:The Summit. The biggest waste of money - somewhere the purpose of what this was meant to be evolved into a facility to cater for SANFL and above leagues as far as surface goes- mismatched with a not fit for purpose Clubroom that is inept at being able to create income (a caravan sized kitchen and no bar!).
I cannot see how this ground and it’s setup will ever be successful. Whoever signed off on rhis saying this is good idea - has no idea!
Should it be sold off and funds used to pay the debt off and then the council invest in all of its towns sporting facilities. A far wider and long lasting impact .
I hope the soccer club isnt drowning in debt as well…

Pretty sure the HFL/MB raised concerns about all of those issues during the planning stage for the Summit but weren't really listened to.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Toto » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:12 am

Yep agree with everything above. Seems like what’s happened is common with large projects in that the people designing the facility have never played the targeted sport in their life and don’t understand the intricacies of the facilities required. Then to double down on that and arrogantly refuse consultancy from the HFL, MBFC and from what I’ve heard a certain high profile head curator in charge of the best surface in the country and one of the best in the world at AO.

They got a lick of the ice cream with gather round and have completely turned its back on this league and the country people it was designed for and now have their hands out. Up there with the highway council rates in the country, I think they will be fine without the money they believe they’re “owed”.
Toto
Under 16s

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:35 pm

Toto wrote:Yep agree with everything above. Seems like what’s happened is common with large projects in that the people designing the facility have never played the targeted sport in their life and don’t understand the intricacies of the facilities required. Then to double down on that and arrogantly refuse consultancy from the HFL, MBFC and from what I’ve heard a certain high profile head curator in charge of the best surface in the country and one of the best in the world at AO.

They got a lick of the ice cream with gather round and have completely turned its back on this league and the country people it was designed for and now have their hands out. Up there with the highway council rates in the country, I think they will be fine without the money they believe they’re “owed”.

And now the Barossa has a venue suitable for Gather round, they wont be licking that ice cream anymore. Ill give it two years and it will only be suitable for making hay
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Corona Man » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:00 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Toto wrote:Yep agree with everything above. Seems like what’s happened is common with large projects in that the people designing the facility have never played the targeted sport in their life and don’t understand the intricacies of the facilities required. Then to double down on that and arrogantly refuse consultancy from the HFL, MBFC and from what I’ve heard a certain high profile head curator in charge of the best surface in the country and one of the best in the world at AO.

And now the Barossa has a venue suitable for Gather round, they wont be licking that ice cream anymore. Ill give it two years and it will only be suitable for making hay

That piece of land, and trust me I know the former owner, was no good for growing hay before development!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Toto » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:46 am

Final ladder prediction for the season:

Hahndorf
Lofty
Nairne
Mount Barker
Onkas
Blackwood
Uraidla
Lobethal
Echunga

Goal kicking: Clamp (Hahndorf) Mail Medal: May (Nairne)

Tips for the week
Barker
Hahndorf
Lofty
Uraidla

Footy is back!
Toto
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy