Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Snap Kick Ninja » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:41 pm

What’s the rumour about the apparent rule change which will allow Jordan mutton to play ressies in the GF? If both grades make senior finals and playing with full sides if he played the majority or finals in ressies he can play? Issues with this being, the big clubs that make finals in both grades each year will only get stronger and stronger.
Not to mention there will be young lads that have trained all year missing out for a bloke with a back injury.
Snap Kick Ninja
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Cheap Seats » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:08 pm

Snap Kick Ninja wrote:What’s the rumour about the apparent rule change which will allow Jordan mutton to play ressies in the GF? If both grades make senior finals and playing with full sides if he played the majority or finals in ressies he can play? Issues with this being, the big clubs that make finals in both grades each year will only get stronger and stronger.
Not to mention there will be young lads that have trained all year missing out for a bloke with a back injury.

McLaren have not made the GF in the A grade so not an issue. If both grades make it, then the club can play any of the 42 selected players in any grade they wish. That's been the ruling forever?
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Snap Kick Ninja » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:15 pm

Cheap Seats wrote:
Snap Kick Ninja wrote:What’s the rumour about the apparent rule change which will allow Jordan mutton to play ressies in the GF? If both grades make senior finals and playing with full sides if he played the majority or finals in ressies he can play? Issues with this being, the big clubs that make finals in both grades each year will only get stronger and stronger.

McLaren have not made the GF in the A grade so not an issue. If both grades make it, then the club can play any of the 42 selected players in any grade they wish. That's been the ruling forever?

As I thought, but from what I hear the rule changed last year, even if your team loses if you’ve played majority in B grade finals you can play. Absolute joke if true, especially for a bloke like mutton
Snap Kick Ninja
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby jackpot jim » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:41 am

Snap Kick Ninja wrote:
Cheap Seats wrote:

As I thought, but from what I hear the rule changed last year, even if your team loses if you’ve played majority in B grade finals you can play. Absolute joke if true, especially for a bloke like mutton

Rule 5 c) Tho it's poorly written i assume it means that if the Club has both Senior Grades playing Finals on the same weekend then players can be selected in either grade regardless of which grade they are qualified for.
I think everyone agrees with the fairness of that.

Rule 5 d) Adopted at the AGM in December 2020 states that a player that plays in a Reserve Grade Final under the 5 c) rule shall be eligible to play the remainder of the finals series in that grade provided they do not return to A Grade.

So the way that reads, YES Mutton is eligible to play the B Grade Grand Final

I do see some merit in the rule change, just that this scenario isn't a good example of it.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby Cheap Seats » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:17 am

jackpot jim wrote:
Snap Kick Ninja wrote:
Cheap Seats wrote:

Rule 5 c) Tho it's poorly written i assume it means that if the Club has both Senior Grades playing Finals on the same weekend then players can be selected in either grade regardless of which grade they are qualified for.
I think everyone agrees with the fairness of that.

Rule 5 d) Adopted at the AGM in December 2020 states that a player that plays in a Reserve Grade Final under the 5 c) rule shall be eligible to play the remainder of the finals series in that grade provided they do not return to A Grade.

So the way that reads, YES Mutton is eligible to play the B Grade Grand Final

I do see some merit in the rule change, just that this scenario isn't a good example of it.

Wasn't good enough to make their A Grade with a full squad, Played in the reserves, PLAY ON as far as the rules are concerned. But I do see your point Ninja. (especially when teams go out it the first week & may have players returning from long term injury who are clearly A Graders, but I guess that's a timing thing isn't it. Both good and bad, depending on which side you're on
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Been liked: 24 times

Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:36 pm

Whilst it may seem unfair that a guy plays A’s most of the year (and no Bs) gets to play in the B GF…. Also Pretty strange that he can play in a B final one week then not the next. Was this sort of scenario the reason for the change?
Takes me back a couple decades when Brad Shiell came back GF week after a long term injury… didn’t get picked in the A side then decided not to put his hand up to play Bs and take someone who’d been there all year.
Respect the decision but Interesting as if he’d made the a grade someone would have been dropped and a bgrader would’ve missed anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby jackpot jim » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:49 pm

Does anyone know the reason why Myponga has NEVER hosted a Grand Final as i thought it';s rotated around ALL Clubs to host?
I see Strath hosted it in 2014 as well as 2017. Seems one of these was instead of Myponga ?
Is Myponga deemed not suitable to host a Grand Final?

Anyway on the the Grand Final tomorrow.
Seems the same every year leading up to the GF that interest wanes on here. Not surprising as if most are like me, once my team is out of the race i dont give a stuff. :lol:

Anyway being a shocking tipster i'll refrain from a tip.
Looks to be a 50/50 game as there's been very little between Creeks and Willunga in their 3 clashes this season so far as they've shared the results with a win each along with a draw.
Tipping it wont be a high scoring game and as a result i think the team that is more efficient with their limited goal scoring opportunities will raise the cup at 5.00pm.

A few interesting stats.

Creek and Willunga have dominated A Grade in the GSFL in the 21st century winning 13 of the 20 Premierships between them
Creek 7 from 10 appearances
Willunga 6 from 13 appearances

Creeks have WON their last 5 Grand Finals
Willunga have LOST their last 5 Grand Finals

So the pressure will be right on Willunga to break their 12 year drought whilst the Hawks have been eyeing off a Club record equaling 4 Flags on the trot since the day after last years Flag to be deservedly compared alongside their powerhouse team from the mid to late 1970s who completed the feat by downing E Bay at Port Elliot in 1978 in their 1st year in the GSFL.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Newkid » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:18 pm

jackpot jim wrote:Does anyone know the reason why Myponga has NEVER hosted a Grand Final as i thought it';s rotated around ALL Clubs to host?
I see Strath hosted it in 2014 as well as 2017. Seems one of these was instead of Myponga ?
Is Myponga deemed not suitable to host a Grand Final?

Anyway on the the Grand Final tomorrow.
Seems the same every year leading up to the GF that interest wanes on here. Not surprising as if most are like me, once my team is out of the race i dont give a stuff. :lol:

Anyway being a shocking tipster i'll refrain from a tip.
Looks to be a 50/50 game as there's been very little between Creeks and Willunga in their 3 clashes this season so far as they've shared the results with a win each along with a draw.
Tipping it wont be a high scoring game and as a result i think the team that is more efficient with their limited goal scoring opportunities will raise the cup at 5.00pm.

A few interesting stats.

Creek and Willunga have dominated A Grade in the GSFL in the 21st century winning 13 of the 20 Premierships between them
Creek 7 from 10 appearances
Willunga 6 from 13 appearances

Creeks have WON their last 5 Grand Finals
Willunga have LOST their last 5 Grand Finals

So the pressure will be right on Willunga to break their 12 year drought whilst the Hawks have been eyeing off a Club record equaling 4 Flags on the trot since the day after last years Flag to be deservedly compared alongside their powerhouse team from the mid to late 1970s who completed the feat by downing E Bay at Port Elliot in 1978 in their 1st year in the GSFL.

Myponga hosted the grand final in 2014 strath def encounter bay..
Newkid
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby jackpot jim » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:50 pm

Newkid wrote:

Myponga hosted the grand final in 2014 strath def encounter bay..

Cheers Newkid.

Obviously a mistake on the website
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:53 am

Great atmosphere down at Yank on Saturday, pity the A grade was a fizzer.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby field of dreams » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:21 pm

Big turn around from the second semi.
But willunga were the best side I saw this year so not surprised.

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:42 pm

Sellar and Derham big outs at the Creek. Those two will leave a huge hole.

One would assume they have something up their sleeve, so i’m expecting we will hear of a pretty big signing/appointment at some stage soon.

grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:25 am

grasshopper22 wrote:Sellar and Derham big outs at the Creek. Those two will leave a huge hole.

One would assume they have something up their sleeve, so i’m expecting we will hear of a pretty big signing/appointment at some stage soon.

Can add McGregor to those 2 departing as well i think and you'd think there will be a few others as well probably given its an aging team.
The Creeks success over the years with their recruits is that they love the club and stay on for years well past them being 0 pointers.
Given the talent they're losing , it's going to be a fair trick to replace them with only 8 - 9 points to play with and stay in Premiership contention.
Interesting to see they used 0 points in the GF , that'd be pretty rare these day surely.

Derham has been an absolute star for the Creeks over the last 9 years and they'll certainly miss his booming kick outs from full back that regularly saw him clear the centre of the ground with the new kick in rule this season.
The smart money might be on another Willunga dynasty after breaking a 12 year drought.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Smashed Crab » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:31 am

Nick Manhood to take over the reigns at Mt Compass with Trevor Mitton as his assistant. Handy duo with good experience. A few reported players leaving, but with a new coach there will be new players coming into the fold.

Mclaren have certainly hit the recruiting button, some locals coming back. Not sure of their losses but certainly some talent and experience coming in.
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Local GSFL Man » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:30 pm

Looking like a different season next year victor and mclaren and myponga have picked up a few goolwa still don't have coach and have lost heaps
Local GSFL Man

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Milang

Postby mutton cove » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:29 pm

Any word on the points allocation for next season.Lets hope it's clear as crystal, it was a major blight on our season this year.
mutton cove
Rookie

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby luv a kick » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:37 pm

Would you like extra like you have been given before
luv a kick
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby tigerpie » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:18 pm

mutton cove wrote:Any word on the points allocation for next season.Lets hope it's clear as crystal, it was a major blight on our season this year.

They were crystal clear.
One team didn't adhere to them is my take.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby bluebagger » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:02 pm

Who’s coaching the Tigers ?

Have they any recruits
bluebagger
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Hellboy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:50 pm

word on the street is one of the 2 Victor clubs has fallen on the own sword to confess to a breach of TPPS
Hellboy
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy