Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby grasshopper22 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:19 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Changing their name to "No Moral Compass"

It is a clubs responsibility to get the points right and up to the club to check with the authorities if they are not sure. The reality is that many league officials (particularly those who long pre-date the introduction of the points system) are not the best to give a definitive answer and if you have a tricky one then you MUST check with the SACFL, preferably in an email, to get your correct answer.

With MC - some benefit of doubt with Skrypek because I believe a little bit of grey with whether he was 2 or 3 points but the "residential relief" for Haniford is a complete furphy that has never existed and thinking Dix is anything but 2 or 3 points is complete ignorance.
Totally agree it’s laughable, only one option and that is that Compass should lose all premiership points for the games that they have been over their points allocation in. Effectively if you’re over your allocation it’s cheating.

They’re known to be clever enough with the creative accounting to fit some of their recruits in, so playing dumb and naive regarding the points is farcical.

League or SACFL need to show some leadership and make a decision re this ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby field of dreams » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:31 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Changing their name to "No Moral Compass"

It is a clubs responsibility to get the points right and up to the club to check with the authorities if they are not sure. The reality is that many league officials (particularly those who long pre-date the introduction of the points system) are not the best to give a definitive answer and if you have a tricky one then you MUST check with the SACFL, preferably in an email, to get your correct answer.

With MC - some benefit of doubt with Skrypek because I believe a little bit of grey with whether he was 2 or 3 points but the "residential relief" for Haniford is a complete furphy that has never existed and thinking Dix is anything but 2 or 3 points is complete ignorance.

Why is there grey over Skrypec being 2 or 3?
As you say, if there was then they should check first!

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:53 pm

Because unless I'm mistaken he didn't play last season. Normally that would mean a 1 point reduction therefore 2 points in 2021 at his new club. I realise COVID changed how some of the APPS rules work but his previous club Pt Noarlunga still participated in 2020. I've had a little look at those Covid related APPS rules but because none of it affected any of our players then I didn't bother to read too much into it.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby field of dreams » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:06 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Because unless I'm mistaken he didn't play last season. Normally that would mean a 1 point reduction therefore 2 points in 2021 at his new club. I realise COVID changed how some of the APPS rules work but his previous club Pt Noarlunga still participated in 2020. I've had a little look at those Covid related APPS rules but because none of it affected any of our players then I didn't bother to read too much into it.

Yep fair enough.

Again though if they weren't sure.......even if the the executive aren't up to the job geez one google and Simmo would prove the answer.

"It has been determined that in order to ensure equity amongst all clubs and Leagues, as well as consistent administrative operation, that season 2020 will have no bearing on the determination of a players APPS value," Mr Hurley said.

To determine a player point rating in season 2021 the incoming league would need to consider 2018 and 2019 as the players previous two seasons; and 2022: for a player moving clubs in 2022, season 2019 and 2021 would be considered for their points determination."

https://www.victorharbortimes.com.au/st ... d-to-2500/
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:18 pm

Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby oldbomber » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:53 pm

field of dreams wrote:
Luke15 wrote:
mutton cove wrote:It is apparent that Compass have no respect for there leagues membership partners and even and even less respect for the leagues volunteer administrators. This must not be tolerated.

And what i am hearing is: League have admitted they should have picked up on this and are reverting Tom Dix back to a 3 pointer, BUT because the league didn't pick up in the first place they are saying it is not Compass' fault and not taking the result off of them.........

What i dont get is? Even if the League didnt pick up on it, you cannot tell me that Compass and their A grade coach who has been doing it for a long time does not know the rules???

It is total disrespect for the Comp and everyone in it.

And Finally which shows exactly what compass are like, i am hearing they feel "hard done by" and want to take it further to get it reversed :shock:

You cannot be serious if true

WTF??

Rd 1: Johnson 4, Grove 3, Skrypek 2, Mott 2, Haniford 1, Hooper -1 = 11/11 (Haniford given 1 point reduction but Skrypek SB 3 not 2 so still over)
Rd 2: Johnson 4, Grove 3, Skrypek 3, Mott 2, Haniford 2, Hooper -1, Nash -1 = 12/11
Rd 3: Johnson 4, Grove 3, Skrypek 3, Mott 2, Hooper -1 = 11/11 (Haniford in Bs, Dix plays at 0 SB 3 so still over)

If this is correct they haven't got it right yet this year but no penaties?

Wow. Unbelievable! Needs to be corrected ASAP as it is blatant cheating as per rules and regs whether intentional or not is completly irrelevant.
The league needs this s#!t storm tidied up and get everyones focus back on the footy and what a great comp it actually is but until they do this other clubs and supporters of the gsfl will be absolutely filthy with those in positions of power allowing issues like this to fester whilst other 9 clubs who abide by the rules are fighting tooth and nail to make top 5.
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby mutton cove » Sat May 01, 2021 9:39 am

The Compass administrators & coaches are all seasoned personal.
So let's cut to the chase, if you are found to have 19 players on the ground you loose your score, if you play an unregistered player or go over your points allocation you forfeit the game.
mutton cove
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat May 01, 2021 10:29 am

Pretty sure if you have 19 on the park your score doesn’t get automatically wiped, rather it goes to investigation first during the week prior to an outcome...
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby grasshopper22 » Sat May 01, 2021 11:54 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Pretty sure if you have 19 on the park your score doesn’t get automatically wiped, rather it goes to investigation first during the week prior to an outcome...
Score goes back to zero on the day at that point of the game. If this happens early, obviously not as damaging.

grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby jackpot jim » Sat May 01, 2021 2:41 pm

mutton cove wrote:The Compass administrators & coaches are all seasoned personal.
So let's cut to the chase, if you are found to have 19 players on the ground you loose your score, if you play an unregistered player or go over your points allocation you forfeit the game.

Pretty straight forward i would have thought otherwise what's the point of doing the right thing?

Todays Tips

Myp-Sel over Strath by 8 points
McLaren over Creeks by 22 points (Creeks have won 24 of their last 25 games, McLaren being the team to beat them last year and may repeat the dose against an injury riddled Creek team).
Bays over G-PE by 29 points
Compass over Victor by 92 points
Willunga over Yank by 51 points
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby field of dreams » Sat May 01, 2021 6:51 pm

Willunga 37-30 d. Yank 1-5

What the???

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat May 01, 2021 9:09 pm

field of dreams wrote:Willunga 37-30 d. Yank 1-5

What the???

Large metropolitan suburb v Small country town
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Yungmuney » Sat May 01, 2021 9:54 pm

What the???

25 A and B grade players out today for injury and other various reasons according to one of their players
Yungmuney
Mini-League

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Aldinga

Postby bluebagger » Sat May 01, 2021 11:09 pm

Yungmuney wrote:

What the???

25 A and B grade players out today for injury and other various reasons according to one of their players
Did the coach play ?
bluebagger
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Yungmuney » Sat May 01, 2021 11:48 pm

bluebagger wrote:
Yungmuney wrote:

What the???

Did the coach play ?

Out with concussion I believe. Took quite the hit the week before. Players I noticed missing

Thomas
Braendler
Fittock
Betterman
Kelly
Bartlett
Morgan
Wilson

No doubt more.
Yungmuney
Mini-League

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Aldinga

Postby damian » Sun May 02, 2021 9:50 am

Yank making sure they have their best players available for the winnable matches? They would have expected to lost to Willunga by 10-15 goals regardless and hoped the margin wouldn’t be more than 20 goals yesterday with the team they fielded.

I just wonder how many of those that missed would have played if they were up against Pongy, Victor, GPE or Strath.

I watch last weeks games, A’s & B’s. They finished the game with 18 on the field and were no clear injuries on the bench - they rotated until the very end (GPE played ten minutes a player down and with just 16 for close to five minutes). The B’s were the same, no clear injuries sighted at all.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Goolwa-Port Elliott

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun May 02, 2021 10:19 am

grasshopper22 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Pretty sure if you have 19 on the park your score doesn’t get automatically wiped, rather it goes to investigation first during the week prior to an outcome...
Score goes back to zero on the day at that point of the game. If this happens early, obviously not as damaging.

According to the rules on the GSFL website that is not correct. This goes to the league for investigation prior to any outcome.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Farmer » Sun May 02, 2021 10:55 am

Dutchy wrote:Looking at the weekends game Tom Dix was 0 pointer, but played at Port Noarlunga in 2019, I'm no expert but how does that work?

Shane Heatley also being played as a Zero pointer after being a 2 pointer in 2020.
The Farmer
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby scottroo » Sun May 02, 2021 11:34 am

Players lose an extra point if they play there 25th game in there second season at the club
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mutton cove » Fri May 07, 2021 9:28 pm

Any word on the Compass fiasco ,or do the other clubs have to just suck it up. Would be interesting to see the make up and positioning of the final five at the end of the home and away rounds if this has not been addressed.
mutton cove
Rookie

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy