EP Sport - back with a vengeance

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: EP Sport - back with a vengeance

Postby Media Park » Mon May 10, 2010 8:57 am

Actually, as I re-read what CU has to say, it shows me once again that he is not from the PLFL.

The "junior day" on the 22nd of May is not free admission, it is gold coin entry.

The rest of the info is that it's a "dry" day- no alcohol. Although canteen runs as normal.

Under 13's, Under 15's, Under 17's: City v Districts.
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby coyote ugly » Mon May 10, 2010 9:19 am

As I said this is your area that is why I got you to confirm it. I thought it was decided to be free entry but a gold coin donation is fine. I don't have a problem with that.
Last edited by coyote ugly on Mon May 10, 2010 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="westcoastpanther"
Does PL footy really need the Tigers, after last years efforts I'd say no. It's a bye anyway, might as well just call the day off and go fishing!![/quote]
coyote ugly
League Bench Warmer

Postby daicos » Mon May 10, 2010 9:29 am

One question I will ask marble or coyote is how come the GFFL release their squad 2 weeks before any match yet the PLFL no one knows anything on the side? I guess one league is professional and one is not. Every year this happens and it will happen again before Mortlock you watch.
daicos
Under 16s

Postby Media Park » Mon May 10, 2010 10:06 am

coyote ugly wrote:I do disagree on you having a go at no boston player making the port lincoln side. well done to the selectors Beeby, Ramsey and Owen for picking the best port lincoln side no matther what side they come from.
At least Brian doesnt have any biased thoughts towards his club like MP and BP
BP if you think Theodiseau, Hammond and Marsh deserve to play rep football from the stuff they have dished up this year then you are sadly mistaken, this side is a lot better than them.

Look >edited<, I don't care who plays. I was actually having a bit of a dig at BP- because Paulie aint good enough to play for PL.
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby Boston Prodigy » Mon May 10, 2010 10:13 am

coyote ugly wrote:BP if you think Theodiseau, Hammond and Marsh deserve to play rep football from the stuff they have dished up this year then you are sadly mistaken, this side is a lot better than them.

Well show me your team!
Either reveal and confirm your idenity as a PLFL official or stop posting shit!

Can someone post the actual squad on the site, thanks :)
Boston Prodigy
Rookie

Postby steiger » Mon May 10, 2010 10:52 am

Well the goals finally came although it took until the last 1/4 for it to happen with consistent fluency. A good first 1/4 against a slight breeze (5 goals to 1 I think) had me thinking today would be the day for a reasonably big score but Bostons did a good job in the 2nd to nullify our early advantage. The 3rd 1/4 saw Bostons take the lead and went into the last change leading by 7 points. At one stage 9 of the first 13 goals scored were kicked against that slight breeze.
I wasn't worried at 3/4 time - more disappointed that we hadn't been leading by a reasonable amount cos when you look at the talent on the park, it would be fair to say it lay reasonably heavy in our favour. But what had been missing in the first 2 games of the season and in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of Satdy's match, suddenly found it's way in the last 1/4. 8 goals to zero went some way in justifying my belief in our side.
Seaman with 6 and Brooks with 4 led the way and kicked 10 of our 18. H Parker was best but I was really happy with Boyd West, Jake Sampson was good (last 1/4 was sensational) Chris Brooks (the defender ;) ) competed well, Ryan Gurtin went into the midfield and showed organisational skills beyond his young years and had several centre clearances as a result, Tyler Dennis was rock solid, Damon Scott's grunt and drive in the midfield is of a very high standard (and he needs to stay there) and Wakey got enough of the ball to be noticed.
Spent most of my time looking at just our players to see what we were doing right or wrong so did not concentrate on Boston's better players, but did notice Marsh had a lot of it.

What was the controversy over the last goal scoring attempt by a Wayback player ? Was there a brawl after it ? Or is that all bull. Obviously a tight match anyway.

Well done Souths but it appears Tassies had some of their better players out ???

Whatever - it seems everybody's suggestion that this year will be as even as ever and so called "upsets" fairly common, will be the case. This last weekend a perfect example. Maybe Bostons to be the exception.
steiger
League - Best 21

Postby Media Park » Mon May 10, 2010 11:02 am

Another of CU's comments about giving Skinny the "year off" is bull.

He got reported- think the tribunal's tonight.
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby therealROSSCO » Mon May 10, 2010 11:03 am

steiger - no brawl - actually not even close to a brawl all day.

Waybacks had their chances with two shots on goal in the dying minutes - only to be registered as points

WCP - I may have overstated the Peckers - but as we all know they traditionally gather pace towards the end of round one - some key players missing still...
therealROSSCO
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Wayback

Postby steiger » Mon May 10, 2010 11:10 am

therealROSSCO wrote:steiger - no brawl - actually not even close to a brawl all day.

Waybacks had their chances with two shots on goal in the dying minutes - only to be registered as points

Rumour spreading at Poole oval was that Sara had a shot at goal in the dying seconds, started celebrating kicking the winning goal with his teammates, only for it to called a point by the goal umpire and then the s**t hit the fan
steiger
League - Best 21

Postby therealROSSCO » Mon May 10, 2010 11:19 am

just rumour mate - no s*&t at all... game played in very good spirits - hard at it - but no crap
therealROSSCO
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Wayback

Postby Ken Whelan Fan » Mon May 10, 2010 12:07 pm

just catching up on the weekend goss.
GFFL has posted their team but have selected one player who hasnt played for a year :D
I went to Ravendale well done to Souths were to quick and hard at the ball
they should look better when North and Sinclair come in.
Tasmans missed no1 ruckman Mason, james and Daniels
the Runner incident was not good I reckon he should have a long break for making
head contact with player Dodd.
A Cock I didnt see the two Franklins or Matt Davey and how far away is Cunningham?
Ken Whelan Fan
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby Media Park » Mon May 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Well, an alleged fist to the face would break up most fights, wouldn't it?

Got your money today Fev, cheers.
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby acockfromwayback » Mon May 10, 2010 1:10 pm

The club have worked out who I am and instructed me not to post anymore if I wish to continue playing. So that is it. Goodbye
TFC.....the club for the future
acockfromwayback
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby daicos » Mon May 10, 2010 1:19 pm

acockfromwayback wrote:The club have worked out who I am and instructed me not to post anymore if I wish to continue playing. So that is it. Goodbye

What a pity :roll:
daicos
Under 16s

Postby barksoff » Mon May 10, 2010 1:23 pm

i saw the whole incedent and the runner was trying to pull players apart and a tasman bloke pulled him to the ground and every one fell on top of him . i was at the coaches box and did not see any punches pulled by either team . but yes i agree that trainers should not get involved but pull your own players away from scuffles and not the other teams players .
barksoff
Rookie

Postby Media Park » Mon May 10, 2010 1:23 pm

acockfromwayback wrote:The club have worked out who I am and instructed me not to post anymore if I wish to continue playing. So that is it. Goodbye

Well can you tell us who you are?
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby Cove07 » Mon May 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Steiger - No brawls at Mallee Park. Ben Kayser had a shot on goal 10 minutes into the last quarter which appeared to be a goal to everyone on the ground, players celebrated only to have goal umpire IA call it a point. Players accepted umpires decision and continued on with the game.

Then in the dying minutes Vogelsanger had a shot on goal that also appeared to be a goal to everyone on the ground (including the Mallee Park players speaking to them afterwards), field umpire gave the all clear for a goal only to have goal umpire IA over rule and call it a point as well. Once again players accepted decision and continued on with the game.

Overall a very close game all day with Mallee Park being the better side on the day.
Cove07
Rookie

Postby overloaded » Mon May 10, 2010 1:56 pm

maybe IA backed the peckers ;)
therealROSSCO wrote:Now listen to this loud and clear.....

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby Media Park » Mon May 10, 2010 2:26 pm

Lincoln Magpie: =D> =D> =D>

But... How can you say that, and I get edited for having a dig at an identity? :?
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby lincoln magpie » Mon May 10, 2010 3:04 pm

I think its because everyone feels the same about this maggot. Play On !!!!!
lincoln magpie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy