EP Sport - back with a vengeance

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Postby eags » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:49 am

Did Liam Knight rock up to the game with a cast on his leg?
eags
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby dickiebird » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:58 am

Charlton are a breed of their own.... at the Northern Sat night they were whinging that a couple of them werent out and Steve Heaven is a trigger finger. Paul White was given out caught behind of his thigh pad and Yancic reckons he wasnt out. Jimmy Stockham is still doing victory laps of the oval, never seen someone get so excited ove a wicket falling when he had nothing to do with it.
The Tasman jugernaut continues, talking about undefeated premiers already! They havent produced their big gun yet either who is still in the paddock, big Ben Hogan is fit and ready to go when required.
Tonkin is back and firing and Captain Stinge Smith has them up and running.... if only u won premierships in December hey???? Has anyone ever pointed that out to them....lol
Andrew Bird and Mal Munroe look set to get a call up for Tod river, their sterling performances for their Bs surely means they will get a chance.
Last edited by dickiebird on Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dickiebird
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby dickiebird » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:58 am

Charlton are a breed of their own.... at the Northern Sat night they were whinging that a couple of them werent out and Steve Heaven is a trigger finger. Paul White was given out caught behind of his thigh pad and Yancic reckons he wasnt out. Jimmy Stockham is still doing victory laps of the oval, never seen someone get so excited ove a wicket falling when he had nothing to do with it.
The Tasman jugernaut continues, talking about undefeated premiers already! They havent produced their big gun yet either who is still in the paddock, big Ben Hogan is fit and ready to go when required.
Tonkin is back and firing and Captain Stinge Smith has them up and running.... if only u won premierships in December hey???? Has anyone ever pointed that out to them....lol
Andrew Bird and Mal Munroe look set to get a call up for Tod river, their sterling performances for their Bs surely means they will get a chance.
Can I have a run down on the SES v LS game as these look the only challengers to the cocks.... can one of you teams fire up FFS!!!!
dickiebird
Under 16s

Postby dickiebird » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:00 am

Posted twice coz Im passionate about it....
FFS someone fire up or the yacht club will be rocking in March.... or hang on is it the Pier.... or Ravendale.... or Smithys shed....or....
dickiebird
Under 16s

Postby eags » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:16 am

SES back on track with a good win. Bowled South's out for 97 and got them 5 down (although lost 2 wickets in the last over).

Must say there was an improvement in the Times photographer on Sat .... Quite tidy .... all the boys wanted to know if they could field a little deeper at mid on and mid off!!
eags
League Bench Warmer

Postby Haje » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:21 am

Liam Knight didn't play, wasn't even sighted on the sidelines. As for Charlton whinging about the umps, well that's a joke! They certainly got the better of the wide calls, some balls were damn near missing the pitch and not getting called, then we go out and have a bowl and basically everything down leg side or anything wider than a foot and a half outside off is a wide!

True Whitey was unlucky but so was Blighty for us and Yancic skied one so I dunno what he's on about.

Also Jimmy Stockham would have to have the longest run up in the comp. I think he wastes all his energy before he gets to the crease as I think most blokes could bowl quicker without a run up at all!
Haje
Rookie

Postby dickiebird » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:34 am

Eags
-
Got a lot beter curves than old grub or Russel King!
Last edited by dickiebird on Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dickiebird
Under 16s

Postby Scooby » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:52 am

Eags & DickieBird,

Totally agree about the PL Times photographer. Beats looking at Grub!! The way we are going I was going to ask her if she wanted to hang around and have a bowl..
Eags, You played with out WCP and had a win. Is their something in that??
Scooby
Under 16s

Postby eags » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:57 am

Scoob ... yeah you're right. Will definitely have to put a strong case forward to the selectors in order to gain a recall this week hehe!!

How'd you blokes go?
eags
League Bench Warmer

Postby westcoastpanther » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:59 am

Fair go Scoob!! Think with the test this week I should get my spot back, how are the other sides going to go? A few from most sides normally make the trek over.
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Scooby » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:24 pm

WCP,Good chance for you to cement your spot against us then. Wickets and Runs are there for the taking.
Eags, much better effort from us. Tas 190 we made 150 odd.
The Tassie boys now have their own scoreboard sponsored by Skilled and look the part. For their sake hope the don't crumble at the business end..
Scooby
Under 16s

Postby HS » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:28 pm

all aboard the tasman cricket bandwagon. where is featherduster when you need him? they wont be far away i'm sure, a few more wins and they'll all come out, lets just hope they preform better in finals than the footy team.
correction from last week , today is tips bday , happy bday you fag. another lucky weekend for the lad with the ladys or girls i should say ,so the reports have been coming in.
the boston money machine has kicked into gear , i thought some other clubs had put some offers up to some EU players think the tigers will make it hard for some players to say no this year.
HS
Under 16s

Postby Scooby » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:35 pm

What sort of dollars are you talking HS?? Geez if you were a half decent player you'd want a fair bit of coin to be convinced to go and play for them. Be a lot of fun in the middle of July on a cold, wet & windy day and Waybacks are kicking your teeth in by 20 goals. They need a culture change before they can even start to think about attracting good players..
Scooby
Under 16s

Postby westcoastpanther » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:04 pm

With the information I have aquired, I can safely say Ramblers will comfortably win their 5th straight flag. Wouldn't bother with EU this year HS, she's already game over. I'm sure the gossip mill won't take long to kick into action and you'll all find out.
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby eags » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:18 pm

WCP .... the rumour mill was working overtime on Saturday. If it's what I think you're referring to, the man himself wouldn't deny it. Heard there's some serious $$$ involved.
eags
League Bench Warmer

Postby dickiebird » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:31 pm

Ramblers - game over .... where you been for the last four years wcp? it was over then too!!! and he still played there..

Bostons have recruited apparently the toughest half back flanker in GF, Greg Proctor... I dont know him, does he go OK? anyway PLFL and PLCA all to predictable deliver the footy and cricket Cups straight out NOW to the New Ravendale Complex .
Last edited by dickiebird on Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dickiebird
Under 16s

Postby dickiebird » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:41 pm

the man himself??? is that the GM?
dickiebird
Under 16s

Postby eags » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:45 pm

the bloke involved
eags
League Bench Warmer

Postby dickiebird » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:50 pm

are you a rocket scientist eags?
dickiebird
Under 16s

Postby eags » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:35 pm

Sorry mate I read the post wrong. No it wasn't the great man. You should know he doesn't get out to actually watch the games on a Saturday.
eags
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy