Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby football tragic » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:08 pm

Changing topics for a minute here
An email came out from community football asking for feedback around a possible mid June start
If that did happen the APFL would be able to get a 12 game season underway plus finals with GF 2 week October
Very possible outlook in my opinion.
thoughts?
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:01 pm

We aren't playing footy this year. Woyld love to, just can't see it happening
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby football tragic » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:17 pm

Time will tell would have thought the same 3 weeks ago however have changed my opinion now I believe 90% chance there will be games this year especially listening to morrison speak about community sports today
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Hazbeen » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:19 am

Community footy will not start before SANFL and the SANFL will not start before the AFL, will know more on May 10th
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Gilligan » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:30 am

Hazbeen wrote:Community footy will not start before SANFL and the SANFL will not start before the AFL, will know more on May 10th

Have heard that they are keen to get community sport back on the go as soon as they can , but cannot see how it will work as I believe they are going to still enforce social distancing regulations ie people at grounds to be 1.5 metres apart and also only 100 people at any outdoor venue at the one time . So that would mean playing in front of no spectators , no income to clubs but outgoing expenses like training supplies ( tape etc ) player payments clubs would go broke.
Also when you add up numbers just for footy without considering netball with 2 junior sides and 2 senior sides you have 84 players at the ground so only leaves 16 extras to cover umpires coaches , trainers so can't see how it's going to work for country clubs
Sometimes the old guys do know whats best
Gilligan
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:54 am

Gilligan wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:Community footy will not start before SANFL and the SANFL will not start before the AFL, will know more on May 10th

Have heard that they are keen to get community sport back on the go as soon as they can , but cannot see how it will work as I believe they are going to still enforce social distancing regulations ie people at grounds to be 1.5 metres apart and also only 100 people at any outdoor venue at the one time . So that would mean playing in front of no spectators , no income to clubs but outgoing expenses like training supplies ( tape etc ) player payments clubs would go broke.
Also when you add up numbers just for footy without considering netball with 2 junior sides and 2 senior sides you have 84 players at the ground so only leaves 16 extras to cover umpires coaches , trainers so can't see how it's going to work for country clubs

Youre forgetting the opposition. 3 teams would be at the ground at the same time ie 17s showering B grade playing, A grade turning up prepping, thats 126 players. You could space it out a bit to get back to 84 so the 17s are gone before A grade turn up.
Do country footballers want to play without anyone watching? Do clubs want to play if their community cant watch? Its an interesting question

As you say unless they will let an unlimited amount of people into an outdoor venue it is pointless even considering. Clubs will go broke.

Maybe its time for all the mercenaries to give something back and play for nothing this season.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby 23rd man » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:14 pm

There won't be any local footy for 2020, I have doubts about the start of summer sport also. We are bound to see a second wave of the disease come through after restrictions start to lift in the near future meaning harsher restrictions to be reinstated through the middle of the year.
23rd man

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Wazz17 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:49 pm

23rd man wrote:There won't be any local footy for 2020, I have doubts about the start of summer sport also. We are bound to see a second wave of the disease come through after restrictions start to lift in the near future meaning harsher restrictions to be reinstated through the middle of the year.

That's what we like to hear, positive vibes from Dr. Nostradamus :D
Wazz17

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Arry Gablett » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:19 pm

Some talk that we may be up and running by July
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:54 pm

Arry Gablett wrote:Some talk that we may be up and running by July

Nothing has changed whatsoever since the first email came out.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7937 times

Postby watchdog » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:Some talk that we may be up and running by July

Nothing has changed whatsoever since the first email came out.

Facts are there has been only 10 confirmed cases in SA over the past 17 days and 0 cases in the last 5. I would say a lot has changed.
watchdog
Under 18s

Been liked: 11 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:44 pm

watchdog wrote:Facts are there has been only 10 confirmed cases in SA over the past 17 days and 0 cases in the last 5. I would say a lot has changed.

I agree, it hasn't changed the state of play with the SA Community Footy Board though, we'll have to wait until May 11 to see if there's any likelihood of a start.

10 confirmed cases means exactly that, it doesn't mean it has stopped,

FWIW I think SA is streets ahead of the rest of the nation and we SHOULD be able to start sooner than everyone else providing we keep our borders closed, I just can't see them rushing into it incase there's a 2nd wave and they have to pull up stumps again.

Believe me mate, I'm hanging for it all to re-start.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Arry Gablett » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:16 pm

July start gives two rounds and finals
Later than that do you just go one round and finals
Does this maintain the integrity of the competition
Or
Does it just give us something to do :?
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby football tragic » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:51 am

I still think in this state we will have a mid June start & in relation to integrity of the competition I think this year maybe one of the most enjoyable as it has made everyone sit up and realise we cannot take things for granted. I maybe speaking for myself here but my love of the game has only increased throughout this ordeal.
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:44 am

football tragic wrote:I still think in this state we will have a mid June start & in relation to integrity of the competition I think this year maybe one of the most enjoyable as it has made everyone sit up and realise we cannot take things for granted. I maybe speaking for myself here but my love of the game has only increased throughout this ordeal.

That would be awesome if it were to happen like that.
But, I can't see us playing any footy at all.
Even if some restrictions get lifted, there is talk social distancing measures will still be in place for some time, I can't see how playing football comes under social distancing.
Could see an outside chance of kids football getting a shortened season going since they are at school anyway, but not adults footy.
Hope I'm completely wrong as I don't have many playing years left but need to be real about it.

On the positive my golf game "should" improve. :lol:
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:59 am

Arry Gablett wrote:July start gives two rounds and finals
Later than that do you just go one round and finals
Does this maintain the integrity of the competition
Or
Does it just give us something to do :?

Integrity is out the door, the decisions are out of of the APFL's hands so the season was always going to be condensed.

We're going to need the footy league's to liaise with the cricket comps to get the ovals for a bit longer and look at October finals with cricket commencing in November.

Need to go back to a 3 week final series, as long as everyone plays each other once I think the season will still hold some form of integrity and value.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:08 am

football tragic wrote:I still think in this state we will have a mid June start & in relation to integrity of the competition I think this year maybe one of the most enjoyable as it has made everyone sit up and realise we cannot take things for granted. I maybe speaking for myself here but my love of the game has only increased throughout this ordeal.

Totally right there mate, the football community will be more united and played in the right spirits.

As the old saying goes "You don't know what you've got til it's gone".

All we can do is follow the instructions of those who know best and hope that everyone else can too, how good is that first Saturday going to be..............................although you watch it piss down.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:08 am

Mythical Creature wrote:

That would be awesome if it were to happen like that.
But, I can't see us playing any footy at all.
Even if some restrictions get lifted, there is talk social distancing measures will still be in place for some time, I can't see how playing football comes under social distancing.
Could see an outside chance of kids football getting a shortened season going since they are at school anyway, but not adults footy.
Hope I'm completely wrong as I don't have many playing years left but need to be real about it.

On the positive my golf game "should" improve. :lol:

I'm gaining confidence, albeit a 7 round season.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby beef » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:21 am

Probably different with APFL but will cricket clubs help out footy clubs in other leagues (especially metro). Always seems to be us vs them in regards to footy vs cricket and dont help each other too much especially if clubs are run separately and try to share facilities.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Pag » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:22 am

beef wrote:Probably different with APFL but will cricket clubs help out footy clubs in other leagues (especially metro). Always seems to be us vs them in regards to footy vs cricket and dont help each other too much especially if clubs are run separately and try to share facilities.

Yeah I can't imagine the SACA bending over to help Mitcham, TTG, Salisbury, ROCs, Henley, Westminster, Portland etc

Hopefully for the APFLs sake the cricket and footy clubs will be a bit more united.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy