Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:30 pm

Balaklava officially out.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby pureclass » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:48 pm

OnSong wrote:Balaklava officially out.

APFL started the season with 8 teams.
Balaklava were rumored to be out but having a vote to get back in but are now officially out.
Reigning premiers HWE rumored to be out but nothing official.
Hamley Bridge rumored to be out
Bute from another league rumored to be in.
WTF is going on in this league? This cannot be ideal for fixturing.
Does the APFL even know how many sides are going to be playing in the league this year.
Leaving everything very late.
pureclass
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:42 am

pureclass wrote:

Balaklava were rumored to be out but having a vote to get back in but are now officially out.
Does the APFL even know how many sides are going to be playing in the league this year.

IMO one team can just about have all 4 shields engraved now.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:44 am

Number7 wrote:Its actually a good oval to play on and watch footy at.

Yeah, looking at the same satellite photo of Lochiel Oval that looks brown too, I don't mind that ground.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:44 am

magpieeagle wrote:
pureclass wrote:

IMO one team can just about have all 4 shields engraved now.

TW?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:46 am

pureclass wrote:

Tomorrow is D-Day from what I've read.

All fixtures etc should be sorted by the end of the week, it shouldn't be too difficult once everything is finalized.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:50 am

If HWE and Hamley are out, it appears to be:

Angle Vale
Bute
Mallala
Two Wells
United
Virgina

Could actually squeeze 10 rounds in (play each other twice), top 3, minor premier straight into the GF, finish the season on September 26.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:50 am

You may have heard the rumours, but its on. Bute Football Club is joining the APFL for 2020, The season will include 4 home games (4 away), finals, both junior and senior grades. All starting July 11. Plenty of details to be finalised but get excited footys back! Go roosters
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:23 am

If Hamley Bridge don’t play in 2020, is there a chance we don’t see them again?
With RSMU, several BLG teams and even a few APFL clubs in close vicinity all going ahead, it may only take a few to start leaving to seal their fate.

I do sincerely hope they don’t, and can get back to being competitive in all grades, but their struggle has been a long one so far and with the town not getting any bigger, there’s certainly some danger signs.

In regards to the potential 6-team season, it may pan out to be one of the most interesting yet.
Two Wells would have to be the team to beat, with Mallala not far behind with a couple handy pick ups based on the clearances page.
If Virginia’s ins are still around they could be a danger again after a couple of quiet years and United got better as the year went on last year so could challenge a couple of the top teams.
Bute are an interesting prospect having struggled for a while in the slightly stronger YPFL, but I think they’ll be somewhere in the 2-4 range on the ladder and a great addition to the league.
Angle Vale seemed to stagnate a little last year after several consecutive seasons of improvement, but with some decent ins, they could challenge any team on their day.
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:15 am

Greggy Gregginson wrote:If Hamley Bridge don’t play in 2020, is there a chance we don’t see them again?
With RSMU, several BLG teams and even a few APFL clubs in close vicinity all going ahead, it may only take a few to start leaving to seal their fate.

I do sincerely hope they don’t, and can get back to being competitive in all grades, but their struggle has been a long one so far and with the town not getting any bigger, there’s certainly some danger signs.

In regards to the potential 6-team season, it may pan out to be one of the most interesting yet.
Two Wells would have to be the team to beat, with Mallala not far behind with a couple handy pick ups based on the clearances page.
If Virginia’s ins are still around they could be a danger again after a couple of quiet years and United got better as the year went on last year so could challenge a couple of the top teams.
Bute are an interesting prospect having struggled for a while in the slightly stronger YPFL, but I think they’ll be somewhere in the 2-4 range on the ladder and a great addition to the league.
Angle Vale seemed to stagnate a little last year after several consecutive seasons of improvement, but with some decent ins, they could challenge any team on their day.

I thought Angle Vale were quite competitive in the first half of last season, they had some admirable losses, fell away a bit towards the end, Burgess was a huge loss for them, he adds heaps of value around the ground.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby happyhawk » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:57 am

Hamley Bridge 100% playing this season. I’m good mates with the coach and he confirmed they are definitely in. The club knows it’s too big of a risk not to go ahead for the future of the club.
happyhawk
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby football tragic » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:05 pm

happyhawk wrote:Hamley Bridge 100% playing this season. I’m good mates with the coach and he confirmed they are definitely in. The club knows it’s too big of a risk not to go ahead for the future of the club.

With the way things have changed in the past few days weeks anything is possible
Would be disappointing if the league has brought in a side which makes the comp have a bye in a season of limited games.
Furthur more if that side happened to win the flag...…….
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:09 pm

football tragic wrote:
happyhawk wrote:Hamley Bridge 100% playing this season. I’m good mates with the coach and he confirmed they are definitely in. The club knows it’s too big of a risk not to go ahead for the future of the club.

With the way things have changed in the past few days weeks anything is possible
Would be disappointing if the league has brought in a side which makes the comp have a bye in a season of limited games.

Think of the positive. Bute could decide to stay in our league which is highly possible given they will have to travel less and they will find it easier to recruit, then next year you have 9 teams. Each play everyone twice home and away and we are back to having an even draw, and finals position isn't based on who plays hamley and angle vale 3 times and who doesn't.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:13 pm

This. Small clubs have to play or risk not being able to start back up again.

Is there anything to read into that the only 2 clubs who aren't playing are the only ones with playing coaches. Or is that complete coincidence??
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Dirty dog » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:13 pm

football tragic wrote:

If Bute win the flag then I will drink a pint in the Price pub butt naked
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby OnSong » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:30 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:

This. Small clubs have to play or risk not being able to start back up again.

Is there anything to read into that the only 2 clubs who aren't playing are the only ones with playing coaches. Or is that complete coincidence??

No. Gould barely played last year.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:06 pm

Whats going to happen when Two Wells and Bute play each other? Both wear a red and white V jumper. Clash jumper?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby football tragic » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:26 am

Dirty dog wrote:
football tragic wrote:

Should have only been allowed to join the comp to make even numbers
To bring them in so each club needs 2 x byes in a shortened season is ridiculous
Blokes want to play as much footy as they can not play less and introduce a new side....makes no sense imo
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:45 am

football tragic wrote:
Dirty dog wrote:
football tragic wrote:

Should have only been allowed to join the comp to make even numbers
To bring them in so each club needs 2 x byes in a shortened season is ridiculous
Blokes want to play as much footy as they can not play less and introduce a new side....makes no sense imo

Makes a shit load more sense to bring them in than it did to bring in Angle Vale.
I reckon most blokes over 25 would appreciate the bye
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby football tragic » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:36 am

Dirty dog wrote:
football tragic wrote:

Interested seeing how many points Bute come into the league with
they have 22 in YPFL.....
football tragic
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy