HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7929 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:43 pm

Someone been hanging out with Denis Eaton again? :lol:
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:49 pm

OnSong wrote:Someone been hanging out with Denis Eaton again? :lol:

There is a common link from where I obtained it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:15 pm

It's my last day at the Producer today but I'm working on a project to fill the sport pages for the next few weeks. The top 50 players from the APFL from the past decade.

Two main criteria, players must have played at least two seasons in the APFL from that decade, while it is also broken into a loose structure of 18 mids, 12 forwards, 12 defenders, 4 wings and 4 rucks.

I've had seven judges from different clubs (not Angle Vale given they didn't see the more than half the decade) develop their lists and rank them from 1-50. Got two results back so far and this will be fairly interesting. We'll start with 50-45 next week (April 29) I think.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:56 pm

OnSong wrote:It's my last day at the Producer today but I'm working on a project to fill the sport pages for the next few weeks. The top 50 players from the APFL from the past decade.

Two main criteria, players must have played at least two seasons in the APFL from that decade, while it is also broken into a loose structure of 18 mids, 12 forwards, 12 defenders, 4 wings and 4 rucks.

I've had seven judges from different clubs (not Angle Vale given they didn't see the more than half the decade) develop their lists and rank them from 1-50. Got two results back so far and this will be fairly interesting. We'll start with 50-45 next week (April 29) I think.

Is there a minimum game criteria?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:48 pm

OnSong wrote:It's my last day at the Producer today but I'm working on a project to fill the sport pages for the next few weeks. The top 50 players from the APFL from the past decade.

Would imagine there would be a massive difference between everyone. Especially after the top dozen or so!
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:54 am

Mythical Creature wrote:

Would imagine there would be a massive difference between everyone. Especially after the top dozen or so!

Yeah, there's been a fair plethora of ruckmen alone to nail down to 4, and then to place them in an order, and then to merge them into a list of 50 with so many on-ballers etc.

There's probably half a dozen of each genre that pick themselves and the rest you could throw a blanket over and not be incorrect, I might even try one myself.

One thing that increses the degree of difficulty was when Hamley had them few years of dominance, there were some very handy players but how do they weigh up against the one club consistent performers?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:One thing that increses the degree of difficulty was when Hamley had them few years of dominance, there were some very handy players but how do they weigh up against the one club consistent performers?

Hamley had one year of dominance - the absolute premiums in that team (Stribling, Dowdell, Duncan) were only there for one season, and so probably dont meet the minimum requirements.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:34 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:One thing that increses the degree of difficulty was when Hamley had them few years of dominance, there were some very handy players but how do they weigh up against the one club consistent performers?

Hamley had one year of dominance - the absolute premiums in that team (Stribling, Dowdell, Duncan) were only there for one season, and so probably dont meet the minimum requirements.

Cheers, Taylor didn't play in their premiership I see, I think he was there for 2 years, you'd think 2 years is the bare minimum for a decade.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:28 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

You’ve been filthy about it ever since as well Swamp. :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:32 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

Yeah, there's been a fair plethora of ruckmen alone to nail down to 4, and then to place them in an order, and then to merge them into a list of 50 with so many on-ballers etc.

There's probably half a dozen of each genre that pick themselves and the rest you could throw a blanket over and not be incorrect, I might even try one myself.

One thing that increses the degree of difficulty was when Hamley had them few years of dominance, there were some very handy players but how do they weigh up against the one club consistent performers?

For Ruckman you’d have to choose Light at 1 then you could throw a blanket over Walker, Feast, Ferrally for the remaining 3
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:36 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

For Ruckman you’d have to choose Light at 1 then you could throw a blanket over Walker, Feast, Ferrally for the remaining 3

Affirmative, they were the names that came to mind without giving it too much thought.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:16 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Guilty. We almost got them. They had some guns in that team.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:00 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Guilty. We almost got them. They had some guns in that team.

yes, was a ridiculously good 15 mins in that last quarter from you guys to get back in that game. I remember Stribling kicking a great goal to stem your flow and then an intense few mins to finish the game
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby OnSong » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:24 am

I’ve collated 6 of the 7 sets of data and so far, from the squad of 200(?) or so, 80 different players have featured in at least one top 50. But of those numbers, I’d say 15 are outliers and the other 65 have been ranked in at least two top 50s.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:33 pm

OnSong wrote:I’ve collated 6 of the 7 sets of data and so far, from the squad of 200(?) or so, 80 different players have featured in at least one top 50. But of those numbers, I’d say 15 are outliers and the other 65 have been ranked in at least two top 50s.

That's pretty consistent. YP did a similar thing and they had around 120 different names from their 12? Judges.
Look forward to reading it.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Liquid Confidence » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:47 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

The Para Hills boys were there for 3-4 years weren't they, play Rep footy every year, gave a lot of players a fair bit of trouble.
And didn't they finish 3rd or 4th the year before the flag when Greeny and Taylor where still there.

Great lads too.
Liquid Confidence
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:29 am

Liquid Confidence wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

The Para Hills boys were there for 3-4 years weren't they, play Rep footy every year, gave a lot of players a fair bit of trouble.
And didn't they finish 3rd or 4th the year before the flag when Greeny and Taylor where still there.

Great lads too.

They had some quality players prior to 2014 for sure - Taylor, Hanson, Heberle among them. We never saw the best of Greenwood in his short time at Hamley. He was an absolute jet in his prime, but carried a knee issue for most of his time at Hamley.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby wrentalkah » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:45 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
OnSong wrote:I’ve collated 6 of the 7 sets of data and so far, from the squad of 200(?) or so, 80 different players have featured in at least one top 50. But of those numbers, I’d say 15 are outliers and the other 65 have been ranked in at least two top 50s.

That's pretty consistent. YP did a similar thing and they had around 120 different names from their 12? Judges.
Look forward to reading it.
wrentalkah
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy