Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby football tragic » Thu May 13, 2021 11:01 am

magpieeagle wrote:Association A Grade coach Shaun Baker Named.

I agree that if your chosen as Rep coach should be an honour not something you should be able to decline unless certain circumstances.
The players are expected to play so shouldn`t be diff for a coach.
Also don't think you can have a coach that isn't currently coaching in the league do it as that makes no sense imo
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby fev » Thu May 13, 2021 2:51 pm

23rd man wrote:Would/Could Moss do it? He seems like a big advocate for rep sport in general? First Player/coach in a long while.

Agreed, would be a good choice
fev
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby magpieeagle » Thu May 13, 2021 5:49 pm

Shaun Baker Named as association A Grade Coach, Rigney Named as U17 association coach, Training starts next Wednesday night apparently at Mallala, I thought Balaklava would have been the choice for training considering that's where the game is.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby hairy cat » Fri May 14, 2021 9:28 am

Interesting to see Number 19 named for the pies reserve’s tomorrow
Knocked out cold is what everyone’s prognosis
Interesting to see the paperwork that clears him from that
Had to be helped from the field with a little blood
Legs splayed
How does the league policy sit with a visual analysis
With 60 players on the books I’d say don’t risk it
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby magpieeagle » Fri May 14, 2021 9:36 am

hairy cat wrote:Interesting to see Number 19 named for the pies reserve’s tomorrow
Legs splayed

Wasn't concussed, so your the trainer and doctor, how about asking before guessing?? Totally with it in the rooms, I could explain why he fell down but I am not going to embarrass a player on here, He attended hospital for a head wound and presented paperwork to the club AND league, stop guessing and FIND out the facts, He attended work all week, went out for mothers day, Its not policy to place everything here but apparently you would like us too, but playing the guessing game is a better option, if you noticed Saturday he was bandaged up talking to people on the veranda in front of the rooms.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby daysofourlives » Fri May 14, 2021 9:41 am

magpieeagle wrote:
hairy cat wrote:Interesting to see Number 19 named for the pies reserve’s tomorrow
Legs splayed

Wasn't concussed, so your the trainer and doctor, how about asking before guessing?? Totally with it in the rooms, I could explain why he fell down but I am not going to embarrass a player on here, He attended hospital for a head wound and presented paperwork to the club AND league, stop guessing and FIND out the facts, He attended work all week, went out for mothers day, Its not policy to place everything here but apparently you would like us too, but playing the guessing game is a better option, if you noticed Saturday he was bandaged up talking to people on the veranda in front of the rooms.

Yep this is magpieeagles area of expertise, trust that all trainers and doctors do the right thing for the health of the player.

Picking match of the round on the other hand....
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby hairy cat » Fri May 14, 2021 9:49 am

All of the above can be done with some sort of concussion
You’re saying he had no signs okay you’re the trainer
But explain the splayed legs
hairy cat
Under 16s

Postby magpieeagle » Fri May 14, 2021 10:01 am

hairy cat wrote:All of the above can be done with some sort of concussion

Nothing needs to be explained to you on here, You have a issue ring the league and club today since you are mouthy here, I have being doing the job for 22 yrs in all levels , if you have a issue with myself and what i do there are protocols you can follow up if you like or approach myself personally, again I am not going to embarrass a player on here, And if again you noticed and asked he was also checked by a qualified Health professional there as well , maybe worry about your own performance on Saturdays, I will bring this issue to the league today .
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Fri May 14, 2021 10:01 am

hairy cat wrote:All of the above can be done with some sort of concussion

Nothing needs to be explained to you on here, You have a issue ring the league and club today since you are mouthy here, I have being doing the job for 22 yrs in all levels , if you have a issue with myself and what i do there are protocols you can follow up if you like or approach myself personally, again I am not going to embarrass a player on here, And if again you noticed and asked he was also checked by a qualified Health professional there as well , maybe worry about your own performance on Saturdays, I will bring this issue to the league today .If you took notice, the week before I ruled Raynor Clarke out for 12 days after testing, This is why people wont take up the role in clubs.
Last edited by magpieeagle on Fri May 14, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri May 14, 2021 10:05 am

Its a tricky one. Way I understand the new guidelines is that if there is any suspicion of concussion its automatic 12 days off. Only way around it is if a doctor confirms there was indeed no concussion.
If this guy has seen a doctor then you can only assume that they ruled put concussion.
Players will mostly always want to play, its up to the trainers and coaches to protect them when needed.
We had 2 concussed last week in the A grade. Both walked off the ground no stretcher required, both worked all week etc. obviously having at least this week off and maybe more. Neither received free kicks for the concussions either, just shows I guess how easy one can be concussed.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby magpieeagle » Fri May 14, 2021 10:11 am

Mythical Creature wrote:Its a tricky one. Way I understand the new guidelines is that if there is any suspicion of concussion its automatic 12 days off. Only way around it is if a doctor confirms there was indeed no concussion.
If this guy has seen a doctor then you can only assume that they ruled put concussion.
Players will mostly always want to play, its up to the trainers and coaches to protect them when needed.
We had 2 concussed last week in the A grade. Both walked off the ground no stretcher required, both worked all week etc. obviously having at least this week off and maybe more. Neither received free kicks for the concussions either, just shows I guess how easy one can be concussed.

He was cleared that night by a concussion doctor and a doctor in a qualified medical building not a back door doctor, now we have people questioning doctors, I will never release personal health with people or on why he fell, but it had nothing to do with concussion and his personal health is nobody's business but his doctors.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby football tragic » Fri May 14, 2021 10:22 am

What`s everyone`s predictions for the upcoming round?
A few interesting games that`s for sure!
football tragic
Rookie

Postby hairy cat » Fri May 14, 2021 12:42 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Its a tricky one. Way I understand the new guidelines is that if there is any suspicion of concussion its automatic 12 days off. Only way around it is if a doctor confirms there was indeed no concussion.

He was cleared that night by a concussion doctor and a doctor in a qualified medical building not a back door doctor, now we have people questioning doctors, I will never release personal health with people or on why he fell, but it had nothing to do with concussion and his personal health is nobody's business but his doctors.

One way to kill this is produce the injury form that no doubt was filled out
hairy cat
Under 16s

Postby 23rd man » Fri May 14, 2021 9:05 pm

Angle Vale 45pts
Two Wells 78pts
United 3pts
Mallala 95pts

Tigers to cause a boil over!! Balak with injuries and lack of form WATCH THIS SPACE!!
23rd man

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Number7 » Sat May 15, 2021 7:47 pm

football tragic wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Association A Grade coach Shaun Baker Named.

Also don't think you can have a coach that isn't currently coaching in the league do it as that makes no sense imo

Well, one of the mist successful association coaches did not coach in the league, Ashley Arbon. First Adelaide plains coach to win the carnival and then take the association football to new heights, when the best players wanted to play with best.
Number7

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sat May 15, 2021 9:05 pm

23rd man wrote:Angle Vale 45pts
Two Wells 78pts
United 3pts
Mallala 95pts

Tigers to cause a boil over!! Balak with injuries and lack of form WATCH THIS SPACE!!

magpieeagle is that you???
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby 23rd man » Sun May 16, 2021 6:25 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
23rd man wrote:Angle Vale 45pts
Two Wells 78pts
United 3pts
Mallala 95pts

magpieeagle is that you???

Hahaha my thoughts exactly after seeing the scores this morning
23rd man

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby football tragic » Mon May 17, 2021 12:39 pm

Looking forward this weeks games
Huge Balak vs Virginia to shape the season
Two wells vs AV should be a good game
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Gilligan » Mon May 17, 2021 2:32 pm

hairy cat wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:

They could produce injury form but that would be a breech of player privacy regulations which would lead to possible law suits from player and his family , injury reports which are filled out ( at least at our club ) are only seen by 1. player / family that it is given to for when they head to see medical proffesional / hospital 2. The medical proffesional or hospital they attend and 3. by club Head trainer and the attending trainer who fills out the form in first place
Sometimes the old guys do know whats best
Gilligan
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby magpieeagle » Mon May 17, 2021 7:37 pm

Gilligan wrote:
hairy cat wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:

They could produce injury form but that would be a breech of player privacy regulations which would lead to possible law suits from player and his family , injury reports which are filled out ( at least at our club ) are only seen by 1. player / family that it is given to for when they head to see medical proffesional / hospital 2. The medical proffesional or hospital they attend and 3. by club Head trainer and the attending trainer who fills out the form in first place

Perfectly answered, How we work but use a app which goes directly to players/family phone , Our young trainer went through hell Friday morning being questioned by higher authority and I hope those involved are now happy attacking a young female trainer,
magpieeagle
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy