HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby doubletrouble » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:31 pm

Milly wrote:Who's coaching Gumeracha these days?

No one.
doubletrouble
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Animus » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:10 pm

Is this still a functioning competition?
How's the season going?
Any news around?
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby saintal » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:58 pm

Bridgy suffered their first loss on Saturday, toppled by Nairne. Expect those two teams to battle for the flag, with the Brookers, Roosters and Bloods to make up the 5.

Gum look likely to take home the spoon. The other magpies, Cambrai, have shown some improvement but still a long way off challenging for the 5.

Very little chat on the league on here anymore.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 347 times
Been liked: 430 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:25 pm

First time in 3 years there hasn't been an undefeated team
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby cracka » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:38 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:First time in 3 years there hasn't been an undefeated team

2 years
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby 19thman » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:36 am

The battle for the flag will be decent between the top 3 but the rest fall away quick. Birdwood have have something against those sides but are just a step behind. Maccy a step behind them and then the comp falls away quickly.
B grade is looking like it'll be a decent battle with any team in the top 5 a contender. Kersbrook obviosuly favourites but certainly can be beaten.
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:05 pm

19thman wrote:The battle for the flag will be decent between the top 3 but the rest fall away quick. Birdwood have have something against those sides but are just a step behind. Maccy a step behind them and then the comp falls away quickly.
B grade is looking like it'll be a decent battle with any team in the top 5 a contender. Kersbrook obviosuly favourites but certainly can be beaten.

Good win today by Sedan / Cambrai over Maccy.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby 19thman » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:26 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
19thman wrote:The battle for the flag will be decent between the top 3 but the rest fall away quick. Birdwood have have something against those sides but are just a step behind. Maccy a step behind them and then the comp falls away quickly.

Yeah fantastic effort by Sedan. They are trying to become relevant but unfortunetly their lack of colts is going to prevent that from ever properly happening.
19thman

Postby cracka » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:18 am

19thman wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:

Yeah fantastic effort by Sedan. They are trying to become relevant but unfortunetly their lack of colts is going to prevent that from ever properly happening.

Pretty sure they've been told they're in Div 3 next year & can nominate 2 teams in that comp if they want.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Kick'n Back » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:06 pm

I've heard rumours that the grand final will be held at kangarilla this year. Also have heard that Bridgewater may elect to stay in div 2 even if eligible to go up
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby cossi11 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:49 pm

Kick'n Back wrote:I've heard rumours that the grand final will be held at kangarilla this year. Also have heard that Bridgewater may elect to stay in div 2 even if eligible to go up

Have seen Gums, Callingtons, and Meadows oval since the second half of the season and will be checking out Maccy's this weekend. I remember playing at Maccy late last season and the oval held up really well compared to Birdwood’s anyway. Gums oval was in terrible condition when I played there a few weeks back so would surely not be ideal for a grand final. Not sure on how well Meadows oval would hold up with the rain over the last couple months and have heard Nairne’s doesn’t hold up too well.

I reckon Kersbrook, Callington, Maccy or Sedan would be the only ovals in a good enough condition to hold a grand final…

When do we find out finals venues and grand final venues etc??
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Toto » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:43 pm

It would have to be either maccy or kangarilla I would imagine. Either one of Bridgey or kersbrook will be playing in the GF so that writes off cally and kersbrook.

Tips for the GF while we are here?
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby cossi11 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:20 am

Toto wrote:It would have to be either maccy or kangarilla I would imagine. Either one of Bridgey or kersbrook will be playing in the GF so that writes off cally and kersbrook.

You would have to tip two of the top 3 to make GF and I reckon it could be any of them that win it... Bridgy were the clear stand out until they recently lost to Nairne and Kersy... So my tip is for Nairne to go all the way this year after getting a little taste last season.

I think we (Birdy) have the potential to cause an upset if the mindset is right on the day... We ran neck and neck with the top 3 sides at home this season (in fact we led each of them at 3 quarter time only to be run over in the last) so it shows we can compete with them but obviously finals is a completely different ball game. Having not played finals for a few seasons it might just be about getting that experience under the belts of our young developing side but don't be surprised if we cause an upset or two.

We are very close to being a real competitor in my opinion...
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby 19thman » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:48 pm

cossi11 wrote:
Toto wrote:It would have to be either maccy or kangarilla I would imagine. Either one of Bridgey or kersbrook will be playing in the GF so that writes off cally and kersbrook.

You would have to tip two of the top 3 to make GF and I reckon it could be any of them that win it... Bridgy were the clear stand out until they recently lost to Nairne and Kersy... So my tip is for Nairne to go all the way this year after getting a little taste last season.

I think we (Birdy) have the potential to cause an upset if the mindset is right on the day... We ran neck and neck with the top 3 sides at home this season (in fact we led each of them at 3 quarter time only to be run over in the last) so it shows we can compete with them but obviously finals is a completely different ball game. Having not played finals for a few seasons it might just be about getting that experience under the belts of our young developing side but don't be surprised if we cause an upset or two.

From seeing Birdy a couple of times might be right if they can keep the core. Maybe add a couple of players back might be a contender...
19thman

Postby doubletrouble » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:57 pm

19thman wrote:
cossi11 wrote:

From seeing Birdy a couple of times might be right if they can keep the core. Maybe add a couple of players back might be a contender...

Nairne v Kerbrook in the Gf this year
doubletrouble
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Slapper68 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:13 pm

Nairne v kersbrook G/F for me too, the Brookers are peaking at the right time all quality.
1st week of finals - Birdwood & Nairne
2nd week - Sedan & Kersbrook
Prelim - Maccy
G/F - kangi ????
Slapper68
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby redsox » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:44 am

Slapper68 wrote:Nairne v kersbrook G/F for me too, the Brookers are peaking at the right time all quality.
Prelim - Maccy
G/F - kangi ????

Velodrome at Birdwood no good for finals.

Sedan don't deserve a final with only 2 teams in the comp.

Where will everyone park at Kangi?

No final at Callington?
redsox

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby cracka » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:56 pm

redsox wrote:
Slapper68 wrote:Nairne v kersbrook G/F for me too, the Brookers are peaking at the right time all quality.
Prelim - Maccy
G/F - kangi ????

Velodrome at Birdwood no good for finals.

Sedan don't deserve a final with only 2 teams in the comp.

Where will everyone park at Kangi?

No final at Callington?

It could only be because of facilities. Its by far the best playing surface at this time of year. Maybe Callington doesn't get one because it's had the 2 modus carnival. Sedan would also be in good condition so maybe that's why.
cracka
Veteran

Postby 19thman » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:15 pm

Dumb question but can someone tell me what the formula they use for the percentage on the HFL ladder?
19thman

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:46 pm

19thman wrote:Dumb question but can someone tell me what the formula they use for the percentage on the HFL ladder?

A - points for
B - add points for and points against
C - take A divide by B then multiply by 100
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy