NORTH EASTERN F/L

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

by Arry Gablett » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:36 pm

whufc wrote:Two real tough games at Spalding Oval with the Tigs prevailing just in both.

After playing each team once now no doubt, the Saints are the best opposition we have played in both grades.

The scores would suggest that these are the two best teams

The challenge for saints is to get a win against BSR prior to the finals

It’s a tough way to win a flag if you haven’t beaten a team all year and come up against them in the GF

Although it does happen
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 46 times

by whufc » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:48 am

North Clare go down to Souther Saints by 3pts despite having half a dozen blokes out. Thats twice now North just couldnt get over the Saints. May very well cost them a finals spot despite being a much improved side this year.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5609 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

by Arry Gablett » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:54 pm

whufc wrote:North Clare go down to Souther Saints by 3pts despite having half a dozen blokes out. Thats twice now North just couldnt get over the Saints. May very well cost them a finals spot despite being a much improved side this year.

I was told that match up well , this often happens
North Clare have talented kids at that 20-24 age who have played 30 plus game just gotta get their recruitment right and they will be around

Saints happy with the win, insider info has north harder to play against than both RSMU and MIN MAN
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

by whufc » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:59 am

Another bye coming up....

Not alot has changed since the last bye. BSR in the A Grade remain undefeated. Southern Saints look the nearest rival with Min Man, RSMU and North Clare potentially capable on their day.

B Grade not a lot disimilar. Top 3 BSR, SS, BBH look a tad ahead of the rest. BBH stacking already which won't surprise anyone. South Clare might cause an upset or two and will be around the mark, they wont lose to NC, Min Man, RSMU. Blyth are the darkhorse, have the big guns still but they haven't all played together but will no doubt if they make the finals. Like South, cant see them losing to the bottom 3 sides so will come down to whether they can pinch a win off one of the top sides.
whufc
Coach

by norfoftheborder » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:38 am

I think this weekend should be easy to pick in the A Grade apart from the North v Min Man game.

Can North win that one?

B grade - I think almost all the games are tough to pick bsr, min man and RSMU probably the winners E/R and BBH to close to call
norfoftheborder

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 7 times

by whufc » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:00 am

norfoftheborder wrote:I think this weekend should be easy to pick in the A Grade apart from the North v Min Man game.

Can North win that one?

B grade - I think almost all the games are tough to pick bsr, min man and RSMU probably the winners E/R and BBH to close to call

Unless you know something we dont about the RSMU vs Blyth b grade game not sure how you could tip RSMU. :D
whufc
Coach

by norfoftheborder » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:16 pm

Ahh you’re right Blyth B grade RSMU A grade
norfoftheborder

by whufc » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:11 pm

norfoftheborder wrote:Ahh you’re right Blyth B grade RSMU A grade

Yeah the bottom 3 seem pretty far behind the top 5. Would be very surprised if we see a bottom 3 side finish the year beating any of the top 5. Potentially Min Man the only ones but even then they are heavy reliant on player availability in the school holidays.
whufc
Coach

by whufc » Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:39 pm

norfoftheborder wrote:I think this weekend should be easy to pick in the A Grade apart from the North v Min Man game.

Can North win that one?

The man is a genius

RSMU knock of Blyth in the b grade……biggest upset of the year in either grade
whufc
Coach

by whufc » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:45 am

Good experience playing at Clare Oval for the first time in a couple of years.

Overall happy with the redevelopment, changeroom space is brilliant trainer's room slightly small, players didn't like the individual cubicle style set up but that's them issue and they need to get used to it as that's what the future will be.

Parking was a lot better albeit that will be the smallest crowd the ground hosts you would think. Didn't really like the dome ground benches but its a minor detail, we didn't use the upstairs coaches boxes.

Probably shows the cost of everything these days, $10 mil or whatever it was is the standard cost.

We enjoyed it and its a trillion times better than what we offer at Brinky and Redhill lol. I'm sure those looking for gripes or looking to be negative will find things but thats the case in all major projects.

Well done Clare clubs.
whufc
Coach

by norfoftheborder » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:02 am

whufc wrote:Good experience playing at Clare Oval for the first time in a couple of years.

Overall happy with the redevelopment, changeroom space is brilliant trainer's room slightly small, players didn't like the individual cubicle style set up but that's them issue and they need to get used to it as that's what the future will be.

Parking was a lot better albeit that will be the smallest crowd the ground hosts you would think. Didn't really like the dome ground benches but its a minor detail, we didn't use the upstairs coaches boxes.

Probably shows the cost of everything these days, $10 mil or whatever it was is the standard cost.

We enjoyed it and its a trillion times better than what we offer at Brinky and Redhill lol. I'm sure those looking for gripes or looking to be negative will find things but thats the case in all major projects.

Well done Clare clubs.

Did South use the upstairs coaches box?

Good weekend of footy coming up this week. North need a win to stay in the top four they have snuck in on percentage over min man!
Expecting three close games in the a grade and a BSR domination.
norfoftheborder

by whufc » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:36 am

norfoftheborder wrote:
whufc wrote:Good experience playing at Clare Oval for the first time in a couple of years.

Well done Clare clubs.

Good weekend of footy coming up this week. North need a win to stay in the top four they have snuck in on percentage over min man!

In the b grade south’s coach is a player so he didn’t use it. Not sure about there a grade

Not sure how they would connect to a phone to be honest unless they just use their mobiles with the players or walkie talkies.

The view from the coaches boxes is stunning.
whufc
Coach

by norfoftheborder » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:46 am

whufc wrote:
norfoftheborder wrote:

Well done Clare clubs.

In the b grade south’s coach is a player so he didn’t use it. Not sure about there a grade

Not sure how they would connect to a phone to be honest unless they just use their mobiles with the players or walkie talkies.

The view from the coaches boxes is stunning.

Lovely, I have been told Cat Meyer wants to use the upstairs box so will see how that goes this weekend.

Haven’t seen the complex completed yet but will be keen to have a look! Lights work a treat as well hoping for a night gene next season!
norfoftheborder

by whufc » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:53 am

Yeah lights are amazing. Will be no problems whatsoever with a night game. Clare rumor is that the derby will be a night game but not sure how accurate that is.

I can see why some coaches would like to use the box. For me personally my biggest asset is chatting with the players as they come on/off rather than trying to be a tactical genius in the b grade game.

Could see how an a grade coach would see benefit. In saying that the coaches boxes didn't appear to have anywhere that a phone could connect unless they are all wireless or something.
whufc
Coach

by norfoftheborder » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:48 pm

Big week in the A Grade:
Min man v saints - I think saints get this one and secure the number 2 spot for the year. But could go the other way with min man easily beating them last time.
North v RSMU - Again could go either way with the winner taking third rung on the ladder with a game in hand on the other team and depending on the above game could be a win clear of min man as well. I’ll take the roosters of course but should be a good game!
South v Bbh - on current record bbh should win this but they have a few out so wouldn’t be surprised if south got up.
BSR v BS - do I need to say anything. The BSR juggernaut continues.

B grade:
Eudunda to win without too much trouble
BSR in a close one I’ll say 5 goals but close until the fourth quarter.
Burra to get over south and start to get a roll before finals.
Hopefully north can jag one for their first game in Clare might see some ring ins come out of the woodwork for the new complex but I think rsmu too good.
norfoftheborder

by whufc » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:18 am

norfoftheborder wrote:Big week in the A Grade:
Min man v saints - I think saints get this one and secure the number 2 spot for the year. But could go the other way with min man easily beating them last time.
North v RSMU - Again could go either way with the winner taking third rung on the ladder with a game in hand on the other team and depending on the above game could be a win clear of min man as well. I’ll take the roosters of course but should be a good game!
South v Bbh - on current record bbh should win this but they have a few out so wouldn’t be surprised if south got up.

B grade:
Hopefully north can jag one for their first game in Clare might see some ring ins come out of the woodwork for the new complex but I think rsmu too good.

If the Roosters win the A Grade and they 100% play finals with two byes to come in Blyth and South Clare.

BSR vs B/S b grade will be very tight with B/S naming Ottens, Atkinson, Clifford, McCormack all together for the first time this season.
whufc
Coach

by norfoftheborder » Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:13 pm

whufc wrote:
norfoftheborder wrote:Big week in the A Grade:

B grade:

If the Roosters win the A Grade and they 100% play finals with two byes to come in Blyth and South Clare.

BSR vs B/S b grade will be very tight with B/S naming Ottens, Atkinson, Clifford, McCormack all together for the first time this season.

Blyth bringing in the big guns to make the finals!

North should make the finals if they win but you never know with derby’s!
norfoftheborder

by whufc » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:18 am

Interesting round of results

BSR b grade upset a stacked Blyth.
Min man a grade knock off Southern Saints
RSMU a grade knock off North Clare and push them back to fifth.
North Clare b grade knock off RSMU for their first win of the year.
whufc
Coach

by whufc » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:47 pm

Some massive games across the league this week.

BSR vs North Clare in the A Grade. North have historically given BSR some troubles. Despite the loss on the weekend just gone North can almost guarantee a finals spot with a win this week given they play South and Blyth in the last two rounds.

RSMU vs Southern Saints in the A Grade should be a belter. Two inform sides, can make a case here that the winner will take the all-important second spot double chance into the finals.

South Clare 4th vs 5th Blyth/Snowtown in the B Grade with a finals spot on the line. Going to be very interesting selection night at both clubs. The rest of the comp will watch with interest no doubt lol. B Grade game could be of a higher standard than the A Grade game.

Only Min Man- BBH looks to be a formality in both grades with the Min Man in the A Grade and BBH in the B Grade.
whufc
Coach

by Arry Gablett » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:25 pm

[quote="whufc"]Some massive games across the league this week.

BSR vs North Clare in the A Grade. North have historically given BSR some troubles. Despite the loss on the weekend just gone North can almost guarantee a finals spot with a win this week given they play South and Blyth in the last two rounds.

RSMU vs Southern Saints in the A Grade should be a belter. Two inform sides, can make a case here that the winner will take the all-important second spot double chance into the finals.

South Clare 4th vs 5th Blyth/Snowtown in the B Grade with a finals spot on the line. Going to be very interesting selection night at both clubs. The rest of the comp will watch with interest no doubt lol. B Grade game could be of a higher standard than the A Grade game.

Only Min Man- BBH looks to be a formality in both grades with the Min Man in the A Grade and BBH in the B Grade.[/quotes

Saints need a win this week they have a couple out that may not return agin which hurts their run

BSR look streets ahead it’s there premiership to lose
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy