HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby doubletrouble » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:00 pm

Who are people tipping for this weekends GFs?
I got a feeling the brookers might be taking home the chocolates in both the As and Bs
doubletrouble
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Milly » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:13 am

doubletrouble wrote:Who are people tipping for this weekends GFs?
I got a feeling the brookers might be taking home the chocolates in both the As and Bs

When was the last time Bridgewater won a flag? Or for that matter make a Grand Final?
Under 16s

Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby cracka » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:45 am

Milly wrote:

When was the last time Bridgewater won a flag? Or for that matter make a Grand Final?

Won a div 2 flag in the 80's I think. Made the 1990 div 1 GF & were around the mark for a few years in the early 90's, when they had Snowden, Houlihan & McDonald in the middle.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby flanker » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:46 am

cracka wrote:
Milly wrote:

Won a div 2 flag in the 80's I think. Made the 1990 div 1 GF & were around the mark for a few years in the early 90's, when they had Snowden, Houlihan & McDonald in the middle.

Yeah 1981 I think, also made div 1 GF in 1993 and lost.
flanker
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:47 am

As Nairne-Bremer did not make it, and Kersbrook are perennial Div2-ers that I assume have no ambition to go up, am I right to assume that Bridgewater are now guaranteed a spot back in Div1 next year?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Alaska » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:51 am

If they want it and can meet the HFL demands
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby cracka » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:04 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:As Nairne-Bremer did not make it, and Kersbrook are perennial Div2-ers that I assume have no ambition to go up, am I right to assume that Bridgewater are now guaranteed a spot back in Div1 next year?

If they nominate to go up yes, not compulsory though.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:51 pm

cracka wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:As Nairne-Bremer did not make it, and Kersbrook are perennial Div2-ers that I assume have no ambition to go up, am I right to assume that Bridgewater are now guaranteed a spot back in Div1 next year?

Bit of deep thinking required at the Raiders on what to do. Sometimes what's best for the Senior sides isn't what's best for the junior sides.

Club has until Oct 31 to nominate, so plenty of time to canvass the views of players and members and make a considered decision.

Still a bit of water to pass under the bridge as to the makeup of Div. 1 and Div. 2 next year.
- will TV and Echunga be able to meet the requirements of the by-laws to stay in Div. 1 (TV unlikely, Echunga probably OK)
- will Uraidla be able to meet the criteria ? (only meeting it this year cause of 5-6 match day permits every weekend in their U15s)
- are Ironbark still thinking about dropping to Div. 2?
- What about Onkas? (why fight so hard to stay in Div. 1 when it will just result in another year of pain?)

Another interesting off-season looms.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby 19thman » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
cracka wrote:

Bit of deep thinking required at the Raiders on what to do. Sometimes what's best for the Senior sides isn't what's best for the junior sides.

Club has until Oct 31 to nominate, so plenty of time to canvass the views of players and members and make a considered decision.

Still a bit of water to pass under the bridge as to the makeup of Div. 1 and Div. 2 next year.
- will TV and Echunga be able to meet the requirements of the by-laws to stay in Div. 1 (TV unlikely, Echunga probably OK)
- will Uraidla be able to meet the criteria ? (only meeting it this year cause of 5-6 match day permits every weekend in their U15s)
- are Ironbark still thinking about dropping to Div. 2?
- What about Onkas? (why fight so hard to stay in Div. 1 when it will just result in another year of pain?)

Another interesting off-season looms.

It would be interesting to know if Mt Lofty regret going straight back up. Probably not and with such a big population to draw on they should be in Div 1 but premierships are premierships no matter what division.
I reckon Bridgewater will remain, which will be good for Country Div. If Sedan went to Div3 the comp would be so much better... Its embarrassing when the club loses money on a home game because the Hahndorf colts forfeit and no one is at the ground before the seniors
19thman

Has liked: 1 time

Postby doubletrouble » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:39 pm

Gumeracha were just as useless as sedan this year.
doubletrouble
Rookie

Postby Kick'n Back » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:37 pm

I hope that rain that hit the hills today didn't hit kangarilla because I would hate to see that paddock get boggy because where is everyone going to park
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby The Gimp » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:35 pm

Looking forward to the GF on satdy despite it being played down near KI somewhere!

Tips:
A grade - Bridgy 23pts over Kersy - With the weather forecast being fine, I think the young and fast legs of the raiders will be too much for the brokers. Kersbrook's experience will keep it close and may even get them over the line but I think Bridgy will prevail.
John McDonald BOG.
B grade - Match of the day and Birdwood by 2pts over Kersy - the roosters were far from their best against the brokers 2wks ago and just got the choccies - I'm assuming Kersy will improve as well but the evenness of the roosters side may just be too good on the day (I hope anyway!).
Mark Lamborn BOG.
Snr Colts - Birdwood by 8pts over Bridgy. The lads looked impressive against Nairne a couple of weeks ago and with Gooden and Jones firing, hopefully the young Roosters can get over the line.
Lachy Gooden BOG.
Jnr Colts - not much separating these two so Kersy by 5pts - they have to win one for the day.

Good luck to all teams!
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby saintal » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Would be good to see Bridgy get up in the A's. Long time between drinks, handled relegation with class, and it might help solidify their 'merger' with Cally just a little more.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby redsox » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:15 pm

Div 2 Premiers

Mini Colts Nairne
Junior Colts Kersbrook
Senior Colts Birdwood
B Grade Kersbrook
A Grade Kersbrook
redsox

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Cougar » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:22 pm

redsox wrote:Div 2 Premiers

Mini Colts Nairne
Junior Colts Kersbrook
Senior Colts Birdwood
B Grade Kersbrook
A Grade Kersbrook

Big Day for the Brookers today. 3 out of 4 ain't bad

Thought the B grade was going Birdwood's way with them 3 goals up 5 minutes into the last. But the Brookers fought back and with only a couple of points separating the teams with 2 minutes left, 64 year old Dicky Kleeman received a free kick. From 50 out on a slight angle the old fella slotted truly giving coach Lee Hughes (son of late great Wayne) his first premiership as coach. Nathan Pearce capped off a fair year, with the Norm Smith award to go with his Mail Medal and Premiership Medallion.

A grade first half was an arm wrestle and far different to the Qualifying Final Bridgewater and Kersbrook played out 3 weeks ago. 3rd quarter the game opened up to Kersbrook's favour and they coasted to victory by 6 goals after that. Brad Lees was outstanding to kick 7 goals again after kicking the same amount the week prior. Skipper Gardiner was voted BOG with 5 goals from CHF. Reasonable year for Brett James after being picked for the SANFL Hall of Fame, he has won his 4th Flag in 8 years in charge of the Brookers. I know Kersbrook did it in 93, but can't remember too many teams getting pantsed as badly as it did in the Qualifying Final by Bridgewater to come back and win a GF.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby BRaG » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:12 am

How did Kangy stack up as a host venue for the GF? Thought it was a strange choice when announced.
BRaG
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:04 am

BRaG wrote:How did Kangy stack up as a host venue for the GF? Thought it was a strange choice when announced.

No complaints about the venue, although the weather certainly worked in their favour. If it had been wet, then the parking of cars in the back field could have been a real problem. Given that cars can only park around 1/3 of the oval due to the buildings, it was always going to be tight.

The Kangarilla FC did a great job with the bar, BBQ and canteen - there could be no complaints.

Congratulations to Kersbrook on the A Grade win. They had a game plan that stopped our run completely. You could see that their experience really counted. Our young team, which included 7 teenagers, will learn from the experience I'm sure.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby cracka » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:31 pm

How many flags have Kersbrook won under Brett James.
cracka
Veteran

Postby doubletrouble » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:10 pm

cracka wrote:How many flags have Kersbrook won under Brett James.

doubletrouble
Rookie

Postby 19thman » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:00 pm

Brendan Loechel new Birdwood A grade coach
19thman

Has liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy