HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby Stinga » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:23 pm

I have to agree well done to the Nairne footy club and broader community. Your oval has been presented in excellent nick... The last time I was here for finals a few years back it was a quagmire!
Stinga
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby RAMS » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:07 pm

Maccy win the elimination with a come from behind win by 1 point
RAMS

Has liked: 1 time

Postby cossi11 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:58 pm

Yes would have to agree re the oval, was in mint condition and was a beautiful day for footy... just a pity about the result.

A credit to Maccy who were never out of the game even though on the scoreboard they were 2-3 goals down all day. They were hungrier for the ball and contest in the last quarter and it got them over the line.

Goodluck to the remaining sides, my tip is still Nairne to beat Bridgy by 3 goals in the GF.
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby wonder_kid » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:58 pm

Shocked by that result to lose to sedan a few weeks back then win a final when they were rank outsiders is a great job
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Sniper » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:17 pm

Nairne v Bridgewater play this Saturday in the 2nd Semi at the Kersbrook Oval.

A replay of last years 1st Semi on the Sunday with Kersbrook v Macclesfield this time at the Cambrai Oval.
Sniper
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby Dutchy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:51 pm

Has it been decided where the GF is played this year?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3563 times

Postby 19thman » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Dutchy wrote:Has it been decided where the GF is played this year?

Kangarilla
19thman

Postby 19thman » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Tips for Mail Medal tonight?
19thman

Postby The Gimp » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:31 pm

19thman wrote:Tips for Mail Medal tonight?

I'm pretty certain a Birdwood player won't win it considering the HFL invited one of our players that had been suspended!! :shock:
I reckon John McDonald from Bridgy will poll pretty well.
In the B's, Mark Lamborn could be a good chance for the Roosters.

Well done to both Connolly and big Mash Coad on winning the goal kicking for A's and B's.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Cougar » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:41 am

McDonald from Beverlander in the A grade.

Nathan Pearce from Kersbrook in the B grade. His old boy won about 3 of those
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby saintal » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:58 pm

Brookers by 21 goals over Maccy...

they will meet Nairne, who lost to Bridgy yesterday.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby 19thman » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:42 am

I wonder if Kersbrook will leave their dropped A grade players in the B grade this week or whether they'll play a full strength A grade unlike last week.
19thman

Postby Stinga » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:44 am

Ordinary day for the Bloods down at Cambrai yesterday. Outplayed by a better team on the day, so credit to the Kersbrook boys. Some of the worst conditions in terms of wind I've seen at the footy in may years. Smithy's shot at goal in the first quarter, which looked like a goal, but blew back into play summed up our day!

Long drive home!
Stinga
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby WingerFC » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:10 pm

19thman wrote:I wonder if Kersbrook will leave their dropped A grade players in the B grade this week or whether they'll play a full strength A grade unlike last week.

Prob hard for you to understand what its like to have 2 teams deep into finals. Do u suggest they give the unlucky blokes a week off or do most clubs want their best team on the park for every game? The battle for spots in both grades is a tough one! :roll:
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby The Gimp » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:35 pm

19thman wrote:I wonder if Kersbrook will leave their dropped A grade players in the B grade this week or whether they'll play a full strength A grade unlike last week.

I'll be surprised if Bingos get's back into the A's based on his form Satdy - he was useless.
On the other hand, Louis D'Unienville was clearly Kersy's best player and had a great game.
The Gimp
Reserves

Postby 19thman » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:38 pm

WingerFC wrote:

Prob hard for you to understand what its like to have 2 teams deep into finals. Do u suggest they give the unlucky blokes a week off or do most clubs want their best team on the park for every game? The battle for spots in both grades is a tough one! :roll:

They clearly dropped A grade players to their B's because they were confident they were going to beat Maccy (fair enough) and thought that would get their B grade through to the GF. didn't quite pan out that way but will they leave those players in the B grade or have the strongest A grade they can. Nothing against the rules just leaves them with a decision as to whether they think they can knock off Nairne.
19thman

Postby Cougar » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:42 pm

19thman wrote:
WingerFC wrote:

They clearly dropped A grade players to their B's because they were confident they were going to beat Maccy (fair enough) and thought that would get their B grade through to the GF. didn't quite pan out that way but will they leave those players in the B grade or have the strongest A grade they can. Nothing against the rules just leaves them with a decision as to whether they think they can knock off Nairne.

If you don't think Brett James will pick a side that has the best chance of beating Nairne this week, then you sir are on very, very good gear.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby The Gimp » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:46 pm

19thman wrote:
WingerFC wrote:

I'm not sure that's the case. I don't see too many B graders in Kersy's A grade team sheet from yesty. Possibly Michael Caudle.
I wouldn't think that's the way Brett would operate. Perhaps they were just squeezed out.
The Gimp
Reserves

Postby WingerFC » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:00 pm

The Gimp wrote:
19thman wrote:
WingerFC wrote:

I'm not sure that's the case. I don't see too many B graders in Kersy's A grade team sheet from yesty. Possibly Michael Caudle.
I wouldn't think that's the way Brett would operate. Perhaps they were just squeezed out.

Good call Gimp..!! That's one from 2 Birdwood posters with a clue. Caudle played against Bridgy the week before so that theory doesn't work either. Perhaps 19th man is still a bit jovial from the drinkies consumed on the hill Satdy. be more concerned how u lost to maccy haha
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby RAMS » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Congratulations to Kersbrook on making their way thru to the GF, just too good for our boys and really shut our game plan down today.
RAMS

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy