BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:20 pm

Milly wrote:Sorry for bombing the BL&G thread, but with one of safooty's favourites currently playing in this comp, I'd thought it be fitting we (safooty posters) try and track the great Marc Cox's clubs that he has represented. Now I have a list but am not 100% on the following, but please help out if you can

Norwood
North Haven
Seaton
Port Districts
West Croydon
Para Hills
TTG
South Clare
Encounter Bay
Kersbrook
Virginia
Echunga
Barossa Districts
Payneham

I'm sure I've missed out a few and not sure whether the mods thinks this deserves it's i own thread. Not knocking the bloke as it would be interesting checking out how each club operates

Did he play at Gumeracha?
Does this include any clubs he may have signed with but moved on before he played a game?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2438 times
Been liked: 1672 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Slowey » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:12 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:After a slow first half was a good win by South, ran away with it in the end.
Heard there was a nasty incident at Angaston today, heard a Centrals player was felled 100m off the ball and that the Tigers will be taking it further

Nothing in it, the bloke that was felled played on for the next 2-3 quarters anyway and was probably best on ground until he went off. Did he cop another bump later on that made him go off?
Perhaps he just picked the wrong guy to start with.
The better incident was a certain loud Centrals supporter/ex pres absolutely shitting himself when confronted by a Panthers fan

http://www.barossaherald.com.au/story/2 ... r/?cs=1178

It seems they may have beeb a fair bit in this incident.
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby buster07 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:04 am

Looking at the picture must have been a fair hit
Didnt Angaston also report a player from another club earlier in year for a similar incident
buster07
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:09 pm

buster07 wrote:Looking at the picture must have been a fair hit
Didnt Angaston also report a player from another club earlier in year for a similar incident

No I think you will find it was one of the league commissioners that made that report.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:11 pm

Slowey wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:After a slow first half was a good win by South, ran away with it in the end.
Heard there was a nasty incident at Angaston today, heard a Centrals player was felled 100m off the ball and that the Tigers will be taking it further

Nothing in it, the bloke that was felled played on for the next 2-3 quarters anyway and was probably best on ground until he went off. Did he cop another bump later on that made him go off?
Perhaps he just picked the wrong guy to start with.
The better incident was a certain loud Centrals supporter/ex pres absolutely shitting himself when confronted by a Panthers fan

http://www.barossaherald.com.au/story/2 ... r/?cs=1178

It seems they may have beeb a fair bit in this incident.

Or very biased reporting from an Editor who has strong ties to the Gawler Central Sportintg Club
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:22 pm

I find it a bit rich, Gawler Central making a report especially given that no one saw the incident. This type of thing was condoned weekly at Gawler central when they had Lampard and Herrmann running around.
There is always two sides to every story , the Herald ran one and was liberal with sensationalist words such as coward punch, King hit etc
Was there provocaton? Was it a king hit or were they toe to toe? Did the player simply start what he couldnt finish? Maybe the biggest bruise was to his ego
I guess we will find out tonight, but i have little faith in the tribunal to deliver a fair verdict, he has already been found guilty by the Herald. The squeakiest wheel always gets the grease.

Note; If it was a king hit i certainly dont condone that and he should get a substantial amount of games.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby KOCHALLER » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:26 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
buster07 wrote:Looking at the picture must have been a fair hit

No I think you will find it was one of the league commissioners that made that report.

Day's, I didn't think commissioners could make a report and if they are where does said commissioner hail from????????
KOCHALLER
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby Milly » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:32 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Milly wrote:Sorry for bombing the BL&G thread, but with one of safooty's favourites currently playing in this comp, I'd thought it be fitting we (safooty posters) try and track the great Marc Cox's clubs that he has represented. Now I have a list but am not 100% on the following, but please help out if you can

Norwood
North Haven
Seaton
Port Districts
West Croydon
Para Hills
TTG
South Clare
Encounter Bay
Kersbrook
Virginia
Echunga
Barossa Districts
Payneham

I'm sure I've missed out a few and not sure whether the mods thinks this deserves it's i own thread. Not knocking the bloke as it would be interesting checking out how each club operates

Did he play at Gumeracha?
Does this include any clubs he may have signed with but moved on before he played a game?

Don't think so at Gum. And not sure if any of those above he just signed with but didn't play, but feel free to add to list :lol:
Under 16s

Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Extractor » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Can anyone confirm what the outcome was at the tribunal? I heard he got 5 weeks...
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby The Patriach » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:08 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I find it a bit rich, Gawler Central making a report especially given that no one saw the incident. This type of thing was condoned weekly at Gawler central when they had Lampard and Herrmann running around.
There is always two sides to every story , the Herald ran one and was liberal with sensationalist words such as coward punch, King hit etc
Was there provocaton? Was it a king hit or were they toe to toe? Did the player simply start what he couldnt finish? Maybe the biggest bruise was to his ego
I guess we will find out tonight, but i have little faith in the tribunal to deliver a fair verdict, he has already been found guilty by the Herald. The squeakiest wheel always gets the grease.

Note; If it was a king hit i certainly dont condone that and he should get a substantial amount of games.

Come on now mate, are you questioning the integrity of the Association's tribunal commissioners? If so, do you even know who these people are or have you ever considered the pedigree of these people (retired lawyers/police officers/principals/executive officers)?

To cast such significant doubt over the tribunal is complete nonsense, do you actually think they are all issued with newsprint beforehand as the entire evidence? Whatever the verdict, it will be appropriate (whether he gets 10 games or is found innocent)

Are you also aware that this alleged offender has fronted other tribunals for very similar incidents to the alleged act in very recent history? Will be very interesting to see what the outcome is for this player.
The Patriach
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:43 pm

It would seem DooL isn't the only one claiming trial by media.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Patriach » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:It would seem DooL isn't the only one claiming trial by media.

Fair call but it's not verdict by media so what is the problem, comments/quotes published both in your newspaper and the Herald (haven't read the Leader yet...) were extremely damning.

I still don't see what journalistic opinion has to do with a verdict though? Very, very little or negligible I'd hazard to guess.
The Patriach
Rookie

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:01 pm

I would think the same.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby The Patriach » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I would think the same.

What's your opinion mate? What would be your reaction if this suspension leads to Lawton becoming de-registered for breaching the 15 game suspension rule...?

Any news on the verdict mate...?
The Patriach
Rookie

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:21 pm

Generally, around the office the attitude is, if he's guilty, he's guilty. If he had been found not guilty, we would have reported it as such.
Pushing the blame on media coverage doesn't help the club deal with it, or help heal any possible rifts developing between clubs.
The media wasn't calling him "guilty". "Allegedly" featured regularly through the two articles I've read, meaning he was not guilty until proven innocent.
Gawler Central provided their opinion, Angaston chose not to comment. The clubs chose to do what they thought was in their best interests.
I think we handled the story responsibly.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Generally, around the office the attitude is, if he's guilty, he's guilty. If he had been found not guilty, we would have reported it as such.
Pushing the blame on media coverage doesn't help the club deal with it, or help heal any possible rifts developing between clubs.
The media wasn't calling him "guilty". "Allegedly" featured regularly through the two articles I've read, meaning he was not guilty until proven guilty.
Gawler Central provided their opinion, Angaston chose not to comment. The clubs chose to do what they thought was in their best interests.
I think we handled the story responsibly.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby RooShootOhh » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:14 pm

i think it could have been handled better by lots of parties...

I think the best response was from Solly himself, indicating it was before the tribunal so he thought it best not to make comment.
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:21 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:i think it could have been handled better by lots of parties...

I think the best response was from Solly himself, indicating it was before the tribunal so he thought it best not to make comment.

That's a fair call. I wouldn't have argued if GC didn't want to say anything. I can understand why they felt they did, too.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby RooShootOhh » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:18 pm

Reality is EVERY party involved probably wanted to say something, but at times we need to learn to bite our tongue.

For all we know Angaston may have been just as upset with Lawton over the incident as GC were, but it is their job to stand by there player, and in saying nothing may actually tell you a lot more than if they come out defending him.

GC, by all accounts and with the verdict, have every right to be filthy about what happened, but what did it achieve in asking him to de derigistered, threatening potential civil action etc... What would have happened if the tribunal threw it out (devils advocate here), after the brash statements in the media, they would have had to go to court or risk looking like all bark and no bite.

Anyway, doesnt really matter, heat of the moment gets to us all and by what everyone seems to be saying, the right result was found in the end. Those sort of actions should never be seen on footy fields.

Someone said he may have passed the maximum games limit, can anyone confirm that?
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:27 pm

He hasn't.
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy