EP Football - PLFL, GFFL, MWFL, FWFL, EEFL

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: EP Football - PLFL, GFFL, MWFL, FWFL, EEFL

Postby westcoastpanther » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:45 am

Mario wrote:Who is everyones tip in each leagues now that we are coming down to the business end of the season?

In Lincoln if I had to lay some hard earned it would be on Mallee's, especially with big Malbunka now up forward. One thing I did see on Saturday however, which I think Tasmans could exploit, is they are not fit. They were out on their feet in the second half, and Bostons were able to keep it basically dead level after half time. Lot's of hands on hips and walking after a contest, run them hard in the first half, they are very susceptible to being over run in the second IMO
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Boston Bay Everyday » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Yeah i tend to agree with WCP. They look very good but the Tasman's kids with their pace and willingness to run could really cause the peckers some issues. Also they do have the key defenders to contain both BJ Jnr & Malbunka.

I would've thought if a market was being made for the PLFL premiership it would have Mallee Park at around $1.80, Tasmans @ $3, WFC @ $25, BFC @ $50 and the other 2 at odds you can write yourself.

However in the GFFL, surely United Yeelanna had the loss on the weekend they secretly wanted???? No one likes to go through a season undefeated only to fall at the last hurdle.
UY @ $1.25, EU @ $4, Ramblers @ $15, Cougars @ $100

Thoughts????
Boston Bay Everyday
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Wayback

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:14 am

Boston Bay Everyday wrote:
However in the GFFL, surely United Yeelanna had the loss on the weekend they secretly wanted???? No one likes to go through a season undefeated only to fall at the last hurdle.

Thoughts????

Just ask Tumby about being undefeated and in a grand final :oops: ;)

Eyre United would have their confidence sky high to have a shot at an A grade flag since god knows when.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Yangebup » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:14 pm

heater31 wrote:
Boston Bay Everyday wrote:

Thoughts????

I'd like the $15 for Ramblers. With the experienced Keatley, Shirley, Hayden Parker the Pedler boys etc, in a Grand final & playing in one of those late september northerlies we have, who knows anything could happen.
Yangebup
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby captian cook » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:06 pm

i'll have a fair crack at tasmans @$3 when (if) they get there full side together which they havnt had for most of the year mallees wont get near them (hope im wrong but they will be too fit and well drilled)
captian cook

Postby Boston Bay Everyday » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:41 pm

I think MP could say the same thing re; injuries and best team on the park. In fact most teams in the comp could say that!!!

Also interesting read in the letters to the editor in the PL Times today from Ralph Glass. Cryptic!!!
Perhaps someone at the game can give a few more details.......
Boston Bay Everyday
Rookie

Postby westcoastpanther » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:53 pm

Boston Bay Everyday wrote:I think MP could say the same thing re; injuries and best team on the park. In fact most teams in the comp could say that!!!

Also interesting read in the letters to the editor in the PL Times today from Ralph Glass. Cryptic!!!
Perhaps someone at the game can give a few more details.......

Reckon Ken Whelan Fan could give pretty accurate details.... ;)
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby Boston Bay Everyday » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:12 pm

yeah i thought that might have been the case......!!!
Boston Bay Everyday
Rookie

Postby Yangebup » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:04 pm

From Doug Glass actually!

Did everyone know that the MR V South game has had a venue change & will now be played at Ravendale.

There should have been, but there was no mention of it in Blueys write up today
Yangebup
Rookie

Postby westcoastpanther » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:07 pm

Yangebup wrote:Also interesting read in the letters to the editor in the PL Times today from Ralph Glass. Cryptic!!!

From Doug Glass actually!

Did everyone know that the MR V South game has had a venue change & will now be played at Ravendale.

There should have been, but there was no mention of it in Blueys write up today

It did say Ravendale at the top of that game in the paper....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby Boston Bay Everyday » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:14 pm

WCP, Is it this weekend the 2004 premiership reunion for Marble Range A grade? Is that why DM has a clearance to have a sneaky game in the magoos?? Are you also pulling the boots back on?
Boston Bay Everyday
Rookie

Postby westcoastpanther » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:30 am

Boston Bay Everyday wrote:WCP, Is it this weekend the 2004 premiership reunion for Marble Range A grade? Is that why DM has a clearance to have a sneaky game in the magoos?? Are you also pulling the boots back on?

Correct, Macca has been given a permit to play B's for Rangers, bet Tasmans are rapt considering the ladder positions in the B grade. Any other club get looked after like this?

I enjoy a few warm ups at the Northern too much these days....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby Justquietly » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:48 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:
Boston Bay Everyday wrote:WCP, Is it this weekend the 2004 premiership reunion for Marble Range A grade? Is that why DM has a clearance to have a sneaky game in the magoos?? Are you also pulling the boots back on?

Correct, Macca has been given a permit to play B's for Rangers, bet Tasmans are rapt considering the ladder positions in the B grade. Any other club get looked after like this?

I enjoy a few warm ups at the Northern too much these days....

Macca, I thinkhe gave us headaches all year & in the GF. Had some good battles actually. Can't f'n believe that's 10 years ago. Jeez...
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Yangebup » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Whose DM?
Yangebup
Rookie

Postby westcoastpanther » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Yangebup wrote:Whose DM?

David McPharlin
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby Yangebup » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:29 pm

David McPharlin[/quote]

How can that be? Current Successful Mortlock Shield coach & current A Grade footballer for Tumby, playing B grade for MR.

What does his club think about that, & Tasman Bs wouldnt be impressed...

Doesnt seem right to me - nothing much being said, but lucky it isnt Mallees doing that or there would be hell to pay!!
Yangebup
Rookie

Postby Boston Bay Everyday » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:16 am

perhaps that will give TFC another chance to write a scathing letter to the PLFL about an opposition club!

FWIW, i cant see a problem DM playing, a one off occasion, good call by the powers that be.

JQ, i can also remember him carving us up continually in that couple of year period, good bloke, great player. Enjoy the celebrations!!!
Boston Bay Everyday
Rookie

Postby Boston Bay Everyday » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:28 pm

looks like the premiership market in the PLFL will need some major adjustment. Surely now it is Tasmans to lose, MP just cant seem to get their good players on the park, with the TFC still having 5-10 quality players to come in (depending on which supporter you speak to).

I cant see WFC and either of Boston and MR beating either of them in a prelim. The race for 4th will be a tight tussle. Having seen both in the last 2 weeks, Bostons play a very physical game and this could be enough to get over the Ranger boys but not overly confident with that call.

Also in the GFFL, Tumby put a spanner in the Eyre United plans. Heard that was an extremly spiteful clash with a few injuries coming out of it.
I still think that UY are still the raging favs but ramblers odds would be maybe $7.

Thoughts????
Boston Bay Everyday
Rookie

Postby heater31 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Boston Bay Everyday wrote:Also in the GFFL, Tumby put a spanner in the Eyre United plans. Heard that was an extremly spiteful clash with a few injuries coming out of it.
I still think that UY are still the raging favs but ramblers odds would be maybe $7.

Thoughts????

Surely Ramblers shorten odds by the week. They grow extra legs in Major round matches and with Eyre United crumbling against their arch rivals would have to have outsiders questioning their credentials?

Who were the injuries? M.Curtis didn't play from what I hear.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Boston Bay Everyday » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:21 pm

In PLFL over the weekend results went as expected.

Round 14 is going to massive with the Tigers playing MRFC. Hopefully the oval out at Wangary has recovered somewhat and they can use their home ground advantage. Also the Dees face the mighty Cocks, my mail is TFC are getting a few more back from injury each week, nearly at full strength. I cant see the demons grabbing the points but gee it would be great if they did!!!!

In the GFFL, reports are Hayden Parker suffered a terrible leg injury, hope he's recovering ok. Surely the UY boys are going to be too strong for all comers in the finals.

Whats happened to EY, a draw with Lock after a loss to tumby. Maybe the wheels are starting to fall off or they just got ahead of themselves after beating the previously undefeated UY.

Surely we can get a little bit more banter on here leading to the finals rather than just my dribble!!!
Boston Bay Everyday
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy