HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Grumpy Old B » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:12 pm

oooooooooooooooopppppppppppppsss Will have to screen my informants a bit better next time. He was pretty adamant that TV had him as their marquee player and half a house thrown in.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby batmanbegins » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:47 pm

Grumpy Old B wrote:oooooooooooooooopppppppppppppsss Will have to screen my informants a bit better next time. He was pretty adamant that TV had him as their marquee player and half a house thrown in.

Haha Surely that can't be true, why would anyone offer to build a house for a country footballer? Be crazy if true.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby MatteeG » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:29 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
Grumpy Old B wrote:oooooooooooooooopppppppppppppsss Will have to screen my informants a bit better next time. He was pretty adamant that TV had him as their marquee player and half a house thrown in.

Haha Surely that can't be true, why would anyone offer to build a house for a country footballer? Be crazy if true.

Not much difference to paying mortgages etc I wouldnt think.... :shock:
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby footytragic001971 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:23 pm

Not to mention it would exceed the salary cap.
We still have one of those right??

I guess the moral of the story is:
Don't believe everything you hear!!

O'Brien does seem to be a lay down was there for the medal. He has had a super season and has dominated many games.
I guess the only possible issue is him getting 3 votes in games that Onkas lost??
footytragic001971
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby theduck » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:24 pm

As seen by Sam miles in 2013 I believe, hills unpires are happy to give the 3 to someone from a losing team. From memory miles polled 30+ votes from a team winning far less than onkas have this year
theduck
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Grumpy Old B » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:44 am

I thought the criteria for best on ground is to be best on ground. Nothing states that you have to be in the winning team. &If a club sponsor can build a $300,000 house and only charge you $200,000 who would know other than the parties involved.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:50 pm

So after the few injuries Mt Barker got last week to key defenders what are their chances going against Uraidla? Who by the looks were too slow for Hahndorf?
Sideshow Bob
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby footytragic001971 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:19 pm

Yes grumpy you are right the criteria is best on ground is best on ground, and it shouldn't matter who he plays for.
But it is also true that the b.o.g. tends to go to the winning team. not always, but generally.

Yes Uraidla struggled to go with Hahndorf, and losing Oakley with a hamstring didn't help either!
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:57 pm

Its tip time. A really exciting last round. The league would be wrapped with how it is playing out!!

mt barker v Uraidla. Uraidla struggling to the end of the season and I think Barker will be too strong to the tune of about 5 goals.

onka v ironbank. Onka will win comfortably.

Echunga v lofty. Lofty by a lot. The season can't end soon enough for Echunga.

Lobethal v Blackwood. Blackwood have sewn up a finals birth and look like they will get the double chance. Lobey will still be shaking their heads after last weeks result, but I expect Blackwood to win comfortably.

Hahndorf v Torrens Valley. What a beauty!! Both teams have lots of talent all over the ground, and plenty to play for. Probably be close, but I am going to tip Hahndorf by a couple goals.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:33 pm

Footy Tragic I dont think you are too far off the money!

I just have a sense that maybe Lobeys loss week might kick them into gear - I wouldnt be suprised they win at home over Blackwood.. Lobey have a tendancy to be up and down. They just beat Blackwood at home last round (controversial if you recall) so Im going with Lobey.

Agree that Mt Barker will get over Uraidla, I think Uraidlas injuries (and age) is starting to catch them out. So if Lobey get over Blackwood and Mt Barker win that will give Barker 3rd spot by %.

And yes what a ripper at Hahndorf, Im going to go to see this one, expecting it to be tight and Hahndorf to kick a couple away in last qtr so agree Hahndorf by couple of goals. But really is anyones game.

Getting a bit ahead, but the Qualifying predicting a Torrens Valley v Mt Barker game and Elimination between Blackwood and Lobey (2nd game against each other in 2 weeks!)

Mothballs for Uraidla, Mt Lofty, Ironbank, Onkas and Echunga. Some positives for Onkas to work on for next season, Ironbank and Mt Lofty need some strategic recruits and Echunga have some soul searching to do in the off season. Uraidla to be congratulated (if they bow out of the finals race) of being in the finals for such a long period of time. Now time to restock - their senior colts appear to be doing well and some hope there for the future.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:28 pm

Good stuff wazz, and I wouldn't be at all surprised you if you are right about lobey v blackwood (despite my tip).
Who do you think the possible wet weather suits, Hahndorf or TV??
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:23 pm

footytragic001971 wrote:Good stuff wazz, and I wouldn't be at all surprised you if you are right about lobey v blackwood (despite my tip).
Who do you think the possible wet weather suits, Hahndorf or TV??

I think you are splitting hairs, both teams appear well balanced with good inside and outside players. I do think that Hahndorf have aerial strength over Torrens Valley but they are well matched in all other areas. I think the difference is Hahndorf appear to have some players that 'spark' at the right time - going by their results they have been challenged for 3 quarters but appear to put the foot down in the last. the 2 x losses they had were against Onkas that was a surprise loss and Uraidla had it mentally over them. Torrens Valleys 2 x losses - one at the hand of Hahndorf (Torrens Valley were only able to play 1 qtr by the look of it) and the other to Mt Barker in Round 1, and an opening round loss I dont think means much.

I think wet just brings these two teams closer together.
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby The Cloak » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:16 pm

In a scrappy game Hahndorf winners by 10 goals with Hourigan coming alive after half time to kick his 100 for the season in the dying seconds of the game. Couple serious injuries to key TV players will test their playing stocks for the finals series (Pratt appeared to injure his knee).
The Cloak
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Coober Pedy

Postby saintal » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:58 pm

Uraidla replace Lobey in the 5 :)
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby wazzal77 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:00 pm

Wow what a finish, I didn't think Lobey would miss out but goes to show don't write off Uraidla! Got to see the top two at Hahndorf and was really great spectacle. Great atmosphere, entertainment and big crowd. Hahndorf were powerful. Torrens Valley showed glimpses but seemed out of their depth with the pressure and intensity of the game. Player stretchered off so that didn't look good for Torrens Valleys stocks especially when another hobbled off. After having no goals at half time for Darcy Hourigan to kick 7 in last half was a great effort. Was a great scene when he kicked his 100th. Love country grass roots footy.
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:17 pm

Hats of to Uri's, really didnt think they could make it but you can never write them off. Considering Lobethal were sitting 2nd at the halfway mark at 7 and 2 it's quite remarkable they miss out but they have had a very poor second half of the year.

I thought TV would be to good for Hahndorf. Shows what I know and now with Pratt gone it's going to be very hard for them to challenge the Dorf, plus they don't have a match up for Hourigan unless Renshaw goes back in defense.

Next week I reckon Blackwood will beat TV in an upset and Uri's to beat Barker for the second week in a row.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby theduck » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:05 am

Uraidla too good for my roo's on Saturday. The conditions suited the bigger bodies of uraidla, and I'm hoping for a big oval for this weeks final. Hughes going down in the opening 10 seconds with what appeared to be a shoulder/collarbone didn't help.

Congratulations to hourigan for the well deserved 100 goals
theduck
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby The Gimp » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:24 am

Wow! When was the last time Lobey didn't have any teams in the finals?? :shock:
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby SecretInformant » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:08 am

The Gimp wrote:Wow! When was the last time Lobey didn't have any teams in the finals?? :shock:

Probably 2010
SecretInformant

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby footytragic001971 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:16 pm

Well, what an amazing last round.
Lobethal miss out.
Great come back from Uraidla. Probably shouldn't have written off such a proud and strong group!!
Lobethal would be very disappointed in the wash up. When was the last time a team played in the courier cup final and then didn't make the finals???
The Hahndorf versus TV result was a little more one sided than was expected. Puts Hahndorf in a very powerful position, and losing Pratt is a big out for TV. They will do well to get over Blackwood this week, even though they have had the wood over them twice this year.

Did I hear right that Mt Barker have a lot of injuries??? Maybe Uraidla to beat them again???
footytragic001971
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy