HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:59 am

So what are we expecting from this round.
One game involving two top five sides.
Can Blackwood get over Hahndorf???

Any upsets in the other games?????

For what it is worth (which isn't much) here is my tips
Hahndorf v Blackwood. This should be a ripper, with both teams hard running teams with good forwards. Hahndorf just.
Barker v Lofty. Lofty put up a good fight last week, but Barker a little too much on the line. Barker just.
Onkas v Uraidla. Onkas have gotten steadily better as the year has progressed. An upset wouldn't surprise, but Uraidla just.
Torrens Valley v Ironbank. TV look strong all over the ground and should win comfortably.
Lobethal v Echunga. The end of the season can not come quickly enough for Echunga. Lobey by plenty.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby cracka » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:01 pm

Wow, things heating up in the fight for 3rd spot. 4 teams on 20 points, percentages pretty close & they all play at least 1 of the other teams in the next 2 weeks. Just had a look at the fixture, Loby play Blackwood & Uraidla play Mt Barker in round 18. Gotta love that scenario.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 466 times
Been liked: 571 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby spot on » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:06 pm

cracka wrote:Wow, things heating up in the fight for 3rd spot. 4 teams on 20 points, percentages pretty close & they all play at least 1 of the other teams in the next 2 weeks.

Good win by your boys today C racka.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby cracka » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:29 pm

spot on wrote:
cracka wrote:Wow, things heating up in the fight for 3rd spot. 4 teams on 20 points, percentages pretty close & they all play at least 1 of the other teams in the next 2 weeks.

Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't stay & watch the game. Our B's won as well, in fact it was a clean sweep by us today. Makes the A grade fight for 3rd exciting. Someone posted a page back that we might have a say in the shape up of the 5, I thought it would be Blackwood that we would get over.
cracka
Veteran

Postby theduck » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:18 am

cracka wrote:
spot on wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't stay & watch the game. Our B's won as well, in fact it was a clean sweep by us today. Makes the A grade fight for 3rd exciting. Someone posted a page back that we might have a say in the shape up of the 5, I thought it would be Blackwood that we would get over.

Yep crack turns out they have played a key part. Could uri miss out on finals for the first time in a decade?

Any early tips for the mail? Can't see anyone getting close to o'brian but you never know
theduck
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:20 am

Well I got four out of five, and suggested the upset, but of course no courage to actually select it.
Makes the finals race very interesting tnow.

Mail Medal tips...
Obrien hot favourite.
Tom Hughes from Mt Barker.
Jenkin from Lobethal and Thompson from Blackwood to poll well.
Paul from Hahndorf to poll well again also.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby wazzal77 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:41 pm

Programmer has done a great job - the last two rounds to be rippers which will decided who takes top spot and who will finish 3rd or miss out all together. Mt Barker, Lobethal, Uraidla or Blackwood all have a chance at finishing 3rd and get a double chance ... but they also face missing out all together if they dont or results dont go there way in other games. Top spot likely to be decided in last game of the year..when TValley play Hahndorf at Hahndorf. Looking forward to some fine weather and a choice of quality games to go and watch.
wazzal77
Rookie

Been liked: 23 times

Postby cracka » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:21 pm

wazzal77 wrote:Programmer has done a great job - the last two rounds to be rippers which will decided who takes top spot and who will finish 3rd or miss out all together. Mt Barker, Lobethal, Uraidla or Blackwood all have a chance at finishing 3rd and get a double chance ... but they also face missing out all together if they dont or results dont go there way in other games. Top spot likely to be decided in last game of the year..when TValley play Hahndorf at Hahndorf. Looking forward to some fine weather and a choice of quality games to go and watch.

Would be great to be part of finals this year, inconsistency hurt us plus falling away in most last quarters. Hopefully we can keep our recruits & be part of it next year.
cracka
Veteran

HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Keefy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:23 pm

Be interesting to here what condition Mt Pleasant is in this week after swamp like conditions on the clubroom side last week

Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Grumpy Old B » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:27 pm

That's funny Keefy and it will be worse this Saturday after the downpour Wednesday night. Onkas will have to watch out for TV's swamp monster
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:20 pm

Ok it is tip time!

Lobethal v Lofty. Lobethal too much to play for and on the big oval will win by a lot.

Blackwood v Mt Barker. Wow should be a ripper with a lot at stake. Blackwood were ok last week and Barker keep winning so I think it will be close, but Blackwood just.

Torrens Valley v Onkas. Onkas playing good footy and have steadily improved all year, but Torrens Valley very even with a lot on the line too.
Torrens Valley by not much.

Ironbank v Echunga. Only pride to play for, and Ironbank with more talent should win comfortably.

Uraidla v Hahndorf. Another important game that may shape the final five. Uraidla have lost two in a row and three in a row doesn't happen often, but I suspect Hahndorf are just starting to work through the gears. Hahndorf by about 5.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby batmanbegins » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:32 am

Going to be a cracking last two weeks, tips for this week;

Lofty V Lobe- Will be closer then most expect due to the muddy oval at lofty suiting lofty as lobe prefer the outside game especially with Matt Jenkin not there. I'll tip Lobe but only just and wouldn't shock me if lofty pulled off an upset with Miles back in great form and the mud suiting them.

Blackwood V Barker- Whoever wins this will come third in my opinion, two very good sides but at home I'll go with Blackwood by a goal or two.

TV V Onkas- Onkas are much improved but their meeting the best team in the comp in my opinion. TV have finally figured out how to play as a team and having seen them play last week their the Flag favourites. If Onkas had trouble with Blackwood two weeks ago wait till you play TV who are another class. TV by 10 goals.

Ironbank V Echunga- This won't be a pretty game as neither team is hugely skilful. Echunga have had a horrid time of it this year and with no more Aish, Lindsay and Carey it appears to have gotten worse but full credit to blokes like Carter, Guy and Jennings who haven't quit. Ironbank should get up reasonably comfortably to get their 5th win of the year.

Uri's V Hahndorf- Personally I think Uri's will miss the finals for the first time in a decade but they still deserve a lot of credit as they have numerous key players barely play all year like Down, Delvins and the Ebert boys. Hahndorf are a great team on the outside so if Uri's get on top on the inside like they did last time their a good chance but I can't see it happening. Hahndorf by 3 goals.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 188 times

Postby cracka » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:29 pm

Keefy wrote:Be interesting to here what condition Mt Pleasant is in this week after swamp like conditions on the clubroom side last week

Wasn't quite that bad. Apparently they had a horse event on it recently.
cracka
Veteran

Postby adr107 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:40 am

The club would like to thank Steve Gilling for his tireless efforts as our senior coach for the past two seasons and Robbie Allen for his services as reserves coach for the 2016 season.

We're already looking forward to 2017 as we look to grow and prosper as a club.

For any further inquiries, contact Mel Keetch on 0413 352 617.
Attachments
2017 HDFC Coaching Advert.jpg
2017 HDFC Coaching Advert.jpg (739.19 KiB) Viewed 1265 times
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:51 am

What a last round it's going to be?! The top 2 are settled, but top spot to be decided when Torrens valley take on Hahndorf at Hahndorf. Going to pick Hahndorf but it's really anyone's game..

Blackwood vs Lobey. Blackwood assured of playing finals but do they get the double chance? Despite Lobey playing home I think the woods will do them over.

Then it's Mt Barker vs Uraidla. Uraidla got spanked by Hahndorf. Hard to see them beating Mt Barker at Mt Barker. I think Uraidla will play their last game this year and miss out on the finals when they lose to Mt Barker.

Which team this year is going to push the top 2 teams in the finals? After Echunga and Hahndorf coming through the last 2 years do we really see any of the other teams a potential premiership contender and knock off Hahndorf or Torrens Valley?
wazzal77
Rookie

Been liked: 23 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:06 pm

Agreed Wazz, a super finish to the minor round with lots of questions still unanswered.
The results would suggest that Hahndorf and Torrens Valley are a bit ahead of the chasing pack, but of course anything can happen in finals.

It does look like Uraidla are going to struggle to make it. End of an era if they do. They should be congratulated for being so good for so long.
They did look old and beaten up on Saturday, and ended up getting thumped by a pretty sharp and hard running Hahndorf side.

Flip of the coin for the minor premiership. Both sides have lots of talent all over the ground.
Excellent mids, strong marking forwards. Could the difference be in the tall defender department??
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby Grumpy Old B » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:16 pm

Couldn't agree more Footytragic. Great end to the minor round. Think Blackwood to get the job done on under performing Tigers at the business end. Mt B to have to much to loose at home after last years disappoint. So Uri"s set to have time off in September after many years of success. As many predict its HFC vs TV for the GF. Anyone's guess but if HFC win, watch out next year as TV will add to its stocks with this years Mail medalist. Hey he needs to live somewhere. This article sponsored by HC.
Grumpy Old B

Postby SecretInformant » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:56 pm

Grumpy Old B wrote:Couldn't agree more Footytragic. Great end to the minor round. Think Blackwood to get the job done on under performing Tigers at the business end. Mt B to have to much to loose at home after last years disappoint. So Uri"s set to have time off in September after many years of success. As many predict its HFC vs TV for the GF. Anyone's guess but if HFC win, watch out next year as TV will add to its stocks with this years Mail medalist. Hey he needs to live somewhere. This article sponsored by HC.

And who you talking about here?
SecretInformant

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Grumpy Old B » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:26 am

I guess he will be revealed in a couple of weeks on mail medal night. That's if the men in white see it the same way as I have.
Grumpy Old B

Postby batmanbegins » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:52 pm

Grumpy Old B wrote:Couldn't agree more Footytragic. Great end to the minor round. Think Blackwood to get the job done on under performing Tigers at the business end. Mt B to have to much to loose at home after last years disappoint. So Uri"s set to have time off in September after many years of success. As many predict its HFC vs TV for the GF. Anyone's guess but if HFC win, watch out next year as TV will add to its stocks with this years Mail medalist. Hey he needs to live somewhere. This article sponsored by HC.

He just re-signed with Onkas if you look at their facebook page.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 188 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy