HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby The Cloak » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:43 am

Yellow & Black wrote:Good win by the Tigers yesterday, Does it mean the top 5's locked n loaded?

If an A grade coach gets 5 games for calling an umpire a clown behind closed doors .... Wonder what penalty applies to a HFL Director dressed in his HFL attire, who 'McStabb'ed a Goal Umpire during a game by bellowing out he was the biggest cheat he had ever seen ?
The Cloak
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Coober Pedy

Postby sideview » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:25 pm

This particular Director should be stood down. If the roles were reversed trust me 5 weeks would be the minimum penalty received.
sideview
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby running defender » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:48 pm

This director told me last year what ever we decide goes
He should be made to resign immediately if the said comment was made.
This board needs another big broom put through it to clean out the 1980's thinking.
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby always there » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:09 pm

Assuming this was at the Lobethal v Onkas games?
Also, I believe the umpire that swore at a Lobethal,player two weeks ago has received a penalty.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Grumpy Old B » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:54 am

Any news on who's made the SA Country Champs team?
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:36 pm

Lobethal has 3 players selected. TIm Jenkin (who's also skipper) along with Mitch Weeks and Joe Zadow. Well done lads. Please return in one piece.
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby The Cloak » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:20 pm

The Cloak wrote:
Yellow & Black wrote:Good win by the Tigers yesterday, Does it mean the top 5's locked n loaded?

If an A grade coach gets 5 games for calling an umpire a clown behind closed doors .... Wonder what penalty applies to a HFL Director dressed in his HFL attire, who 'McStabb'ed a Goal Umpire during a game by bellowing out he was the biggest cheat he had ever seen ?

Answer = no penalty !
The Cloak
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Coober Pedy

Postby always there » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:45 pm

The Cloak wrote:
The Cloak wrote:

Answer = no penalty !

Disgusting
always there
Rookie

Postby always there » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:45 pm

The Cloak wrote:
The Cloak wrote:

Answer = no penalty !

Disgusting
always there
Rookie

Postby wazzal77 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:04 pm

I see scores in the courier cup today between Hahndorf and Lobethal saw a big win for Hahndorf 23 goals to 10. Considering this is meant to be between two top sides a bit disappointing really.. (Not if you barrack for Hahndorf of course..!). Another big win for Onkas over Echunga though.. Is this really the difference between two sides at the bottom of the ladder? Echunga must be hurting considering their past few season performances. Lobey vs mt barker next week game if the round. Battle for 5th spot.. Could be interesting!
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby chopper7 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:11 pm

Interested to know how Onkas can clear a player after the June 30 cut off date??? Luke Mitchell got dropped from
Norwood on Wednesday and then played with Onkas on the weekend? Something doesn't sound right there
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times

Postby sideview » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:35 am

Chopper not sure how this can happen? Show's he's been cleared from Norwood but no home club clearance. Is he an Onkas junior?
sideview
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby Grumpy Old B » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:53 am

Was told that Jesse Aish was seen leaving the Royal Adelaide Saturday night with his foot & lower leg in plaster. A massive blow for him and Echunga.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Alaska » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:06 pm

They mentioned this on the Crows v Collingwood commentary on Saturday night, broken ankle I think.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby chopper7 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:37 pm

sideview wrote:Chopper not sure how this can happen? Show's he's been cleared from Norwood but no home club clearance. Is he an Onkas junior?

His clearance went in on the 14/7 and was cleared straight away. I spoke to someone down at Norwood and he was only told on Wednesday that he wasn't required. He also played a game at his local club in Victoria not so long back so Onkas definitely aren't his local club, not sure what's going on.

Poor Aishy did break his leg and have surgery yesterday.
chopper7
Under 16s

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:43 pm

chopper7 wrote:
sideview wrote:Chopper not sure how this can happen? Show's he's been cleared from Norwood but no home club clearance. Is he an Onkas junior?

His clearance went in on the 14/7 and was cleared straight away. I spoke to someone down at Norwood and he was only told on Wednesday that he wasn't required. He also played a game at his local club in Victoria not so long back so Onkas definitely aren't his local club, not sure what's going on.

Some chat at Norwood yesterday about the bloke not being required. A few Onka contacts at the Parade, the only connection I could think of...
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1299 times
Been liked: 3558 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby SecretInformant » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:24 pm

Corona Man wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

Some chat at Norwood yesterday about the bloke not being required. A few Onka contacts at the Parade, the only connection I could think of...

He's not a Onka's junior.. He was recruited by Carlton from the Calder Cannons in the 2010 draft.

Reading the by-laws the three ways he could be allowed to play is:

- A clearance was filed in paper by the June 30 cut of date (knowing he maybe getting cut soon). Then Norwood have 14 days to clear him. He then played on the 2nd of July for Norwood in the reserves against South Adelaide where he kicked 2 goals. So he would have to have a clearance pending however still is playing for Norwood...

or,

- The HFL issued some kid of special permit so he could play.

or,

- People forgot about the clearance dates and there has been an error.
SecretInformant

Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby theduck » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:39 pm

SecretInformant wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

He's not a Onka's junior.. He was recruited by Carlton from the Calder Cannons in the 2010 draft.

Reading the by-laws the three ways he could be allowed to play is:

- A clearance was filed in paper by the June 30 cut of date (knowing he maybe getting cut soon). Then Norwood have 14 days to clear him. He then played on the 2nd of July for Norwood in the reserves against South Adelaide where he kicked 2 goals. So he would have to have a clearance pending however still is playing for Norwood...

or,

- The HFL issued some kid of special permit so he could play.

or,

- People forgot about the clearance dates and there has been an error.

The other question is how can onkas be allowed to play with 19 points? Much more than any other club. Maybe they should concentrate on trying to keep their recruits for more than one year, rather than relying on extra points from the HFL and CFL.
theduck
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby overthehill » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:11 pm

I was thinking the same thing although i was thinking 15 points which i believe is what they played with. 19 seems ridiculous and i'm sure its an error. I don't think Mitchell can have a clearance as its after June 30 but he can still get a permit until the end of the year if he hasn't played for a country club this season.
What are the points per club and do finals wins get taken into consideration when assigning points? does it average over 2-3 years? I assume Onkas would have the most points as they've won the last 2 wooden spoons or close to!
overthehill
Rookie

Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby chopper7 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:33 pm

overthehill wrote:I was thinking the same thing although i was thinking 15 points which i believe is what they played with. 19 seems ridiculous and i'm sure its an error. I don't think Mitchell can have a clearance as its after June 30 but he can still get a permit until the end of the year if he hasn't played for a country club this season.
What are the points per club and do finals wins get taken into consideration when assigning points? does it average over 2-3 years? I assume Onkas would have the most points as they've won the last 2 wooden spoons or close to!

I believe it is 17 but correct me if I'm wrong.
Obrian 4
Mitchell 4
Wilson-King 3
Duck 3
Schmidt 3

They should be playing with 13 points, plus the 2 that the HFL gave everyone for some stupid reason that they thought would be fair for all! So I'm
Not sure where they are finding the other 2 points from.

Can't see why they wouldn't be blooding some kids, or at least playing some fringe B Graders for the rest of the season as they aren't going to make finals. Except they play two first gamer$ who wouldn't even know the club song let alone the history of the club over a local lad who busts his arse every week to try get a game.

Onkas going places real fast!!
chopper7
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy