Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby footytragic001971 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:25 am

So back to the real stuff this week.
Have any opinions changed based on the first half of the year??
footytragic001971
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:09 am

Daniel Motlop named in the pocket for Onkas. Couple questions, would he play for $500 a game considering O'Briens their marquee on $1k? And why would the club bother blowing the money when they're 2-7 and finals look unlikely? I guess it bolsters the 2's though who are siting pretty in 5th!
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby batmanbegins » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:54 am

Yellow & Black wrote:Daniel Motlop named in the pocket for Onkas. Couple questions, would he play for $500 a game considering O'Briens their marquee on $1k? And why would the club bother blowing the money when they're 2-7 and finals look unlikely? I guess it bolsters the 2's though who are siting pretty in 5th!

Good question, maybe cos mates with Moore he will come down for less but when he wanted to come back and play for us it certainly wasn't for $500. Bit of a short sighted move that doesn't help the club long term as Motlop's body is fairly shot and I couldn't imagine him wanting to come back every weekend from Darwin. Typical Moore move though, won a flag with a lot of cash at meningie so would be trying the same at Onkas.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 189 times

Postby cracka » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:10 pm

It must have helped coz Onkas beat Hahndorf today. His on field voice & leadership was excellent, settled the boys down when things looked like getting out of control.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 468 times
Been liked: 585 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:35 pm

cracka wrote:It must have helped coz Onkas beat Hahndorf today. His on field voice & leadership was excellent, settled the boys down when things looked like getting out of control.

We'll done to the Onkas boys!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1299 times
Been liked: 3558 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby batmanbegins » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:19 pm

Corona Man wrote:
cracka wrote:It must have helped coz Onkas beat Hahndorf today. His on field voice & leadership was excellent, settled the boys down when things looked like getting out of control.

Hats off to Onkas, happy to eat my words very impressive win.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby Yellow & Black » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:16 pm

Gees that's a hell of a win by Onkas. Motlop inclusion could be a master stroke. Are the doggies still a chance of September action?

O'brien best again. Are teams tagging him? He'd have to be Mail Medal favourite. .
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby cracka » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:22 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:Gees that's a hell of a win by Onkas. Motlop inclusion could be a master stroke. Are the doggies still a chance of September action?

O'brien best again. Are teams tagging him? He'd have to be Mail Medal favourite. .

I dont think so. Given the other teams too much of a head start.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:24 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Someone said today when he was at Ironbank he was brilliant with his on the field coaching/leadership as well.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Grumpy Old B » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:51 pm

O'Brien far and away the best player in the hills. Jaensch at Hahndorf perhaps next but yet to hit his straps. The differences between the both is that O"Brien is in a loosing side, except for today were I bet he got 3 votes from our maggots
Last edited by Grumpy Old B on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:04 pm

cracka wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Someone said today when he was at Ironbank he was brilliant with his on the field coaching/leadership as well.

Yeah he was very good in his first year, unfortunately he was injured most of last year but his onfield leadership will definitely be beneficial.
Grumpy Old B wrote:O'Brien far and away the best player in the hills. Jaensch at Hahndorf perhaps an equal. The differences between the both is that O"Brien is in a loosing side. YEP except for today were I bet he got 3 votes from our maggots

O'brien is a jet, when we played Onkas they were up at half time by a goal then he came of injured early in the 3rd and they ended up losing by 12 goals.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:45 pm

Wow its quiet on here!

Winter is now setting in and would it be fair to say that the game styles in heavy conditions in the hills will challenge some game plans more suited for dry conditions? This week has games at Mt Barker, Heathfield, Echunga, Hahndorf and Lobethal. Which oval is going to provide the best conditions for a game considering the rain this past few days?
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby the_grinch » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:04 pm

wazzal77 wrote:Wow its quiet on here!

Winter is now setting in and would it be fair to say that the game styles in heavy conditions in the hills will challenge some game plans more suited for dry conditions? This week has games at Mt Barker, Heathfield, Echunga, Hahndorf and Lobethal. Which oval is going to provide the best conditions for a game considering the rain this past few days?

I would hate to be playing Mt Barker and Mt Lofty tomorrow :(
the_grinch
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby cracka » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:35 pm

the_grinch wrote:

We're at Barker tomorrow, wonder what the oval is looking like. I think Blackwood are at Heathfield.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:44 pm

If the golf course is anything to go by, the Echunga oval will be wet. Its is way, way better now than it was years ago of course. I recall losing a boot out there one day, it was literally stuck in the mud!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1299 times
Been liked: 3558 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Keefy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:46 pm

cracka wrote:
the_grinch wrote:

We're at Barker tomorrow, wonder what the oval is looking like. I think Blackwood are at Heathfield.

Not sure on the condition of the oval at Barker but they didnt train on it last night. Was talking to one of the B grade lads earlier today before we went into a uni exam and he said they had a games night insteas
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 183 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Power From Port » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:54 pm

Keefy wrote:
cracka wrote:
the_grinch wrote:

Not sure on the condition of the oval at Barker but they didnt train on it last night. Was talking to one of the B grade lads earlier today before we went into a uni exam and he said they had a games night insteas

There are under age games on it tonight just drove past, so it will be f**ked
Power From Port

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby cracka » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:25 am

Barker oval looks good, especially considering the rain we've had & modis played last night. Probably the best I've seen it at this time of year. Plus its not as cold as I thought it would be.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Keefy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:59 pm

cracka wrote:Barker oval looks good, especially considering the rain we've had & modis played last night. Probably the best I've seen it at this time of year. Plus its not as cold as I thought it would be.

You must have got there when the fog and cloud had cleared

It was 1 degree at Hahndorf when the mini-colts started today
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 183 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy