And when it's the halfway they realise it's another wasted year
running defender
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby saintal » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:22 pm

Noticed in the Courier that Torrens Valley are advertising for a "CEO" to replace the current president position. 0.2 FTE
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby rock » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:40 am

I don't even know who chopper7 is affiliated with, that's how much sense the dumb $&@t makes.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby always there » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:27 am

Really, here we go again can't find anything interesting to talk about so we revert to name calling. What started as a conversation about gun forwards, which could have been a good discussion turned into you all name calling. Grow up.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby cracka » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:12 pm

saintal wrote:Noticed in the Courier that Torrens Valley are advertising for a "CEO" to replace the current president position. 0.2 FTE

Yeah I saw that too. Mt Barker with a paid part time Secretary & now a paid CEO for TV. Sh!ts getting out of control & starting to get too hard. The time involved in being on a club's committee is just ridiculous.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby chopper7 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:36 pm

rock wrote:I don't even know who chopper7 is affiliated with, that's how much sense the dumb $&@t makes.

Ive kicked a few footys in my time and still are kicking a few so don't you worry about my performance mate.

Rock, if you go back I have stated who I'm affiliated with and trust me my club is in a lot better position than your pathetic excuse for a footy club. Worry about yourself before judging others.

Always there- exactly right, was happy to talk gun forwards in the comp but the air up at Ironbank must be a bit thin.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby running defender » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:25 pm

Yes that's the way it's going boys.
Most clubs are turning over in excess of $300,000 these days.
Get rid off salary cap, pts system
That will cut down a s##t load of paper work
The pressure on family's these days are enormous let alone
Volunteering for a full or half Saturday .
Maybe it's the sign of the times
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby always there » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:10 pm

How many clubs have that turnover?
Yes sign of the times no one wants to volunteer anymore they are all asking "what's in it for me", unfortunately they can not see past money and the fact that volunteering can be very rewarding. So many parents no days let others do all the work and hide when asked for help. It is sad to see so many paid positions at clubs including canteen managers, presidents and secretaries, trainers etc. a sporting club can be w fantastic support network and a great place to bring up children in a safe environment and teach them many wonderful values, all getting lost now in this busy crazy world.
So yes sign of the times.
always there
Rookie

Postby cracka » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:19 pm

It's a pity players aren't willing to volunteer anymore either.
cracka
Veteran

Postby always there » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:27 pm

cracka wrote:It's a pity players aren't willing to volunteer anymore either.

Yes I agree, although in my current experience there are probably more players volunteering and coaching the juniors that before albeit most of them are locals and true club people.
always there
Rookie

Postby cracka » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:18 pm

always there wrote:

Yes I agree, although in my current experience there are probably more players volunteering and coaching the juniors that before albeit most of them are locals and true club people.

I was being a smart ass & actually meant volunteer to play. :D
cracka
Veteran

Postby always there » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:40 am

cracka wrote:
always there wrote:

I was being a smart ass & actually meant volunteer to play. :D

Ha ha okay and very true
always there
Rookie

Postby lovethefooty » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:15 pm

I played football 100 years ago and guys didn't play for free then.

Players have always been paid for their services, and the better the player the more they get paid.
It has always been, and always will be the way!!!

but imho, you shouldn't kid yourself that a premiership can be bought, because it cant!!
Wise spending on good people, who happen to be good footballers will stand the test of time.

As for best forward in the competition, it would be hard to go past Hourigan from Hahndorf, Harland from Echunga and Skinner from Lobethal.
There are others of course, but those three are key players and the loss of Skinner at the start of the year should not be underestimated.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby always there » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:33 pm

lovethefooty wrote:I played football 100 years ago and guys didn't play for free then.

Players have always been paid for their services, and the better the player the more they get paid.
It has always been, and always will be the way!!!

but imho, you shouldn't kid yourself that a premiership can be bought, because it cant!!
Wise spending on good people, who happen to be good footballers will stand the test of time.

As for best forward in the competition, it would be hard to go past Hourigan from Hahndorf, Harland from Echunga and Skinner from Lobethal.
There are others of course, but those three are key players and the loss of Skinner at the start of the year should not be underestimated.

Agree whole hearted. If a club can find a good footballer who becomes a part of the club it is certainly money well spent. And also agree on the best forwards, let's hope skinner will be in full flight from round one and really make this comp interesting.
always there
Rookie

Postby spot on » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:40 pm

I see Onkas have signed a decent new player, Jesse O'Brien a 24 y.o. who has played AFL for Brisbane Lions.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 pm

spot on wrote:I see Onkas have signed a decent new player, Jesse O'Brien a 24 y.o. who has played AFL for Brisbane Lions.

Bloody hope so. We haven't had much luck with big name recruits in the last 2 years so hopefully 3rd time lucky.
cracka
Veteran

Postby rock » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:14 pm

cracka wrote:
spot on wrote:I see Onkas have signed a decent new player, Jesse O'Brien a 24 y.o. who has played AFL for Brisbane Lions.

Bloody hope so. We haven't had much luck with big name recruits in the last 2 years so hopefully 3rd time lucky.

This guy is on the maximum $1000 a game, hopefully he delivers come game day. Moorey loves his marquee players, just hope it doesn't cause a divide between locals and imports for Onkas.
rock
Under 16s

Postby overthehill » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:32 pm

I'm sure after last years efforts the Onkas local boys will be lining up to buy any new recruit a beer. As long as he sticks around after the game for a drink im sure there'll be no issue. I do wonder though, knowing there's a maximum $1000 per game why did he go to Onkas after they finished bottom? Surely he could of walked in most clubs in the state as a "Marquee Player"? i'll assume he has a connection?
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby rock » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:49 pm

Jesse is from North Adelaide so Moorey would know him well. He's been in and out on the league side, I think he got flicked from Brisbane a few years ago. Handy outside mid but also injury prone.
rock
Under 16s

Postby jo172 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:11 am

rock wrote:
cracka wrote:

This guy is on the maximum $1000 a game, hopefully he delivers come game day. Moorey loves his marquee players, just hope it doesn't cause a divide between locals and imports for Onkas.

And will be on a decent wicket as their "junior development co-ordinator"
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy