HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby running defender » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:40 pm

Another SGM another waste of time, not one delegate questioned the board why they gave Bridgewater the extra 4pts When it was voted team that goes down gets 9, team that goes up gets 13pts can't rock the boat might miss out on a final.
running defender
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby bookie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:29 am

Chopper, how did Blicavs go? Will he be no. 1 ruckman this season?
bookie
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby running defender » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:56 am

Doesn't he play for Geelong ? Cranna's still the best ruckman in the league. You can all see him in action with his 20 other mates this sat at demon park.
How bad was miles injury? We don't need another class player missing a chunk of the season.
running defender
Rookie

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:03 am

I agree that Cranna was outstanding whenever I saw him last year.
I was also impressed with McEntee for Torrens Valley.

Did I hear right that he has gone elsewhere??
If so, a big loss for TV
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Bushman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:14 am

If that's true about the Raiders then that's fine by me, they took a bullet for the league and to save Echunga's backside
Bushman
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:07 pm

running defender wrote:Another SGM another waste of time, not one delegate questioned the board why they gave Bridgewater the extra 4pts When it was voted team that goes down gets 9, team that goes up gets 13pts can't rock the boat might miss out on a final.

Whatever.... I think we've got one 2-pointer in our A grade team this year.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Legs Man » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:34 pm

Have to agree here - regardless of amount of players on points, regardless of anything - the team going back to Country (Div 2) gets 9 points and the team going up to Div 1 gets 13 points.
No correspondence entered into!
Please tell me this is the case and the rules and club delegates vote hasn't been tampered with again.

Cracka - you know the process and goings on better than most so can you please enlighten me.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:41 pm

Legs Man wrote:Have to agree here - regardless of amount of players on points, regardless of anything - the team going back to Country (Div 2) gets 9 points and the team going up to Div 1 gets 13 points.

....and the team that wins the GF shouldn't go cap in hand to the HFL seeking additional points the following year (again)
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Legs Man » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Have to agree here - regardless of amount of players on points, regardless of anything - the team going back to Country (Div 2) gets 9 points and the team going up to Div 1 gets 13 points.

....and the team that wins the GF shouldn't go cap in hand to the HFL seeking additional points the following year (again)

As stated before - I believe it is clarification the club is seeking re weight of Div 2 wins when points are allocated.
This isn't something that only affects Echunga but all clubs in the future. (Echunga currently has spare points this year also)

Lets get rid of the anomalies for everyone's benefit so we can move forward in an equitable manner.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby cracka » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:57 pm

No correspondence entered into!
Please tell me this is the case and the rules and club delegates vote hasn't been tampered with again.

Cracka - you know the process and goings on better than most so can you please enlighten me.

Yep, was under the impression that's the points for promoted/relegated clubs. Also under the impression that any club seeking more points applies to the CFL for them. Does anyone know if it was the HFL or the CFL that gave the extra points.
I'm not confident on how things happen anymore after the Sedan issue though.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 466 times
Been liked: 571 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby running defender » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:20 pm

It was a board decision two weeks ago once again another slap in the face for Div 2 clubs, when are you clubs going to say enough is enough . On the pts we are not asking for more pts we just want our average taken from our year in Div 1 not the previous 2 years in Div 2 when we won 17 and 18 games in the weaker comp. Mt lofty will be the same 13pts this year if they have 2 good years they can jump two blocks of pts and end up with 9pts because of their 18 wins in Div 2 . Remember players only lose 1pt each year. Did i hear right Maccy u17s and Meadows u13s pulled I'm telling you footy lovers out there soccer is killing us.
running defender
Rookie

Postby wazzal77 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:29 pm

running defender wrote:It was a board decision two weeks ago once again another slap in the face for Div 2 clubs, when are you clubs going to say enough is enough . On the pts we are not asking for more pts we just want our average taken from our year in Div 1 not the previous 2 years in Div 2 when we won 17 and 18 games in the weaker comp. Mt lofty will be the same 13pts this year if they have 2 good years they can jump two blocks of pts and end up with 9pts because of their 18 wins in Div 2 . Remember players only lose 1pt each year. Did i hear right Maccy u17s and Meadows u13s pulled I'm telling you footy lovers out there soccer is killing us.

RD if this is correct it spells a sorry story for footy in general (let alone those clubs) with Kangarillas plight already well documented. It would be interesting to know whether its only the smaller clubs with lesser numbers, or whether it is across the board. Insights from the League on behalf of all clubs would be interesting. Whilst I have nothing against soccer, our great game is under huge threat in the foreseeable future.

Is the answer having school modified teams rather than town modified teams? It is a very city thing to say, but if we want to get as many playing footy as possible is this a better approach??
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby cracka » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:08 pm

running defender wrote:It was a board decision two weeks ago once again another slap in the face for Div 2 clubs, when are you clubs going to say enough is enough.

Not sure what to make of this as have been told by someone from Bridgewater that they definitely did NOT get more points & wont even use the points they have. Time will tell who is right.
cracka
Veteran

Postby jumbo20 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:10 pm

I am confused with TV recruiting who have they got and who have they lost?Apparently they had used all recruiting points prior to HFL announcing points, doesn't seem that way when you look a bit deeper.... bloody good effort if there entire playing list sorted prior to November
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby cracka » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:33 pm

wazzal77 wrote:
running defender wrote:It was a board decision two weeks ago once again another slap in the face for Div 2 clubs, when are you clubs going to say enough is enough . On the pts we are not asking for more pts we just want our average taken from our year in Div 1 not the previous 2 years in Div 2 when we won 17 and 18 games in the weaker comp. Mt lofty will be the same 13pts this year if they have 2 good years they can jump two blocks of pts and end up with 9pts because of their 18 wins in Div 2 . Remember players only lose 1pt each year. Did i hear right Maccy u17s and Meadows u13s pulled I'm telling you footy lovers out there soccer is killing us.

RD if this is correct it spells a sorry story for footy in general (let alone those clubs) with Kangarillas plight already well documented. It would be interesting to know whether its only the smaller clubs with lesser numbers, or whether it is across the board. Insights from the League on behalf of all clubs would be interesting. Whilst I have nothing against soccer, our great game is under huge threat in the foreseeable future.

Is the answer having school modified teams rather than town modified teams? It is a very city thing to say, but if we want to get as many playing footy as possible is this a better approach??

Soccer is the big worry as most clubs are directly competing with a club in their area eg Kangarilla (Clarendon), Onkas (Woodside), Hahndorf, Mt Barker, Mt Lofty , Birdwood (Torr Valley), Bridgewater, Ironbank (Stirling East) & Echunga (Stirling East), just off the top of my head.
Interesting idea wazzal77. There was a suggestion of having schools aligned to clubs but that creates an argument over which club Cornerstone, St Michaels, St Francis or HCCS students go to as kids from all areas go to those schools.
cracka
Veteran

Postby running defender » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:35 am

I was in Hahndorf yesterday for a coffee with me old man after the delicious coffee and cornish pastie i walked to my car the carpark overlooks a Hahndorf primary school and guess what the kids where kicking around and it wasn't a football you gussed it a soccer ball. Now heres a quiz for how many primary schools have goal posts up in there play grounds i would say not to many.
running defender
Rookie

Postby citycoaster17 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:55 am

running defender wrote:I was in Hahndorf yesterday for a coffee with me old man after the delicious coffee and cornish pastie i walked to my car the carpark overlooks a Hahndorf primary school and guess what the kids where kicking around and it wasn't a football you gussed it a soccer ball. Now heres a quiz for how many primary schools have goal posts up in there play grounds i would say not to many.

I didn't think you were allowed within 500 metres of schools RD??
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby cracka » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:09 pm

running defender wrote:Another SGM another waste of time, not one delegate questioned the board why they gave Bridgewater the extra 4pts When it was voted team that goes down gets 9, team that goes up gets 13pts can't rock the boat might miss out on a final.

Have spoken to someone in the know & this is 100% wrong. Bridgewater didn't even ask for extra points. There were only a few clubs (Echunga being one of them) who did & they all have been rejected. Stop making up crap like this, it's only hurting your club.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:13 pm

In actual footy news Onkas had a good full club trial today with all sides getting up.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Legs Man » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Echunga defeated Mypo in a good hit out - couple of goals.
Pretty even contest.
Legs Man
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy