HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Legs Man » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:41 am

redsox wrote:You Echunga blokes are like my 10 year old daughter.
Nothing is ever her fault.
She is quick to point the finger at others.
When she doesn't like the rules she goes higher and asked her grandmother.
When it doesn't go her way she thinks we are picking on her.
The majority of clubs voted to relegate Echunga because they were the rules that all clubs voted on.

Wow Sox you need to get your house in order.
Can your daughter play as we welcome anyone that can play as shown by Shae Daley playing some good footy for us as a junior.
We would welcome your daughter at Echunga if she wants a kick and a catch.

Did the HFL recommend to the clubs to fight the decision and if so that wasn't good advice knowing the likely outcome when it went legal?
I thought the clubs had decided of their own volition without any recommendation as the HFL are only their to govern as we keep being told.
The decision has been made though now and the clubs who decided to fight hopefully weren't given bad advice.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby R. White » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:22 am

RedSox I doubt Your daughter wins as much as Echunga .

Not blaming anyone else but Simply pleading self defense, had we not been threatened we wouldn't have needed to fight!
R. White
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Trooper » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:27 am

running defender wrote:Howard, we did what every other club in Australia would"ve done if the directors had'nt been so pig headed this would have been resolved weeks ago, and also the clubs had there chance to say somthing but once again they feel asleep at the wheel and voted to fight Echunga"s case, with the HFL pres giving them a half baked concoction, no mention of if we lose we will have to fork out all costs. By the way Howard are you from Howards lane. Another sniper to scared to mention his grass roots footy team.Howard how do you reckon Mt Barker, urailda,Onkas, Loby or any other team that have finished top and be sent a letter saying see ya in country next year, i can remember a few years ago Loby were in relagation position they changed some rule to allow them to stay, they were going to take their bat and ball to barossa

Lobethal only investigated the options available to them if they were to finish in the relegated position. They never finished in that position and therefore no action was needed, but they did move to allow for an increased competition from 10 to 11 as they thought no team should have to drop down to country division. The state of the junior competition was the main concern for Lobethal and clubs of similar size. It would've been very easy for junior players at Lobethal at that time and any other club to move to a nearby neighbor club, impacting the future development of these clubs.
Trooper

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Kick'n Back » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:59 am

Legs Man wrote:
19thman wrote:
Legs Man wrote:
Trader wrote:Granted I no longer have an involvement in the hills anymore, so my information is somewhat second hand, but from what I've been told, and have read on here over the past few months, I can't help but find the actions of the board to be laughable.

Before the season started, the HFL called special general meetings to consider Echunga's request to be promoted. A right they had earned under the bylaws. There was no reason for this meeting to take place, EFC should have been promoted as they were the Country premiers.

To make matters worse, the HFL president stood out the front and preached for 20 minutes about why Echunga shouldn't be promoted before the vote. Echunga were forced to produce a list of names, with the league then calling around to confirm the list before finally they were accepted.

Ah well, let's let them in for 1 season, no doubt they'll finish bottom and we can bring our mates from Mt Lofty straight back in.
EFC were welcomed to central by drawing the reigning premiers in rd 1. Cheers HFL.

Despite the tough draw in Rd 1, and the preseason concern over Echunga's juniors, Echunga won 2 of the 3 junior grades in round 1 (by 10 and 18 goals). Enquires to the league as to why Echunga were forced to justify their jnr numbers were met with "suck it up, we can do what we want". This is a perfect example of the arrogance that ended up bringing the HFL board down.

EFC were granted 12 APPS points, while previous promotions were given 15.

This sort of adversary galvanised EFC and by mid-season, Echunga were 6th and exceeding expectations, but hardly a threat for the title. What was a concern to the HFL however was that TV looked to be close to relegation so the HFL used it's "digression" to allow TV to transfer players in after the deadline. TV were also allowed to play over-age players in the juniors. This further enraged Echunga, who surged on and forced their way into finals.

Mt Barker all of a sudden dropped a game and thanks to a few behind the scenes phone calls, Finals allocations were switched and EFC drew the short straw, missing out on roughly $20k in the process.

The actions of the corrupt HFL board only galvanised the resolve of the EFC who shoved it right up the league by going all the way and winning the premiership. It's no surprise that when the Uraidla brothers started the biff on GF day, that the Echunga family stood strong and won every single punch-up on the day.

It's quite funny to sit back and watch other clubs and the league continue to act against the Echunga Footy Club.
All you are doing is providing Echunga with more determination, more resolve and grit. This team built around the group that come from the west coast roughly 5 years ago play hard tough footy. The more you give it to them, the more they'll want to, and will, beat you.

All the league has done is succeed in providing the ammo for the EFC to build the "its us against everyone else" mentality that the Port Adelaide footy club had under Jack Cahill, and we all know how that turned out.

Wow weeee!
Actually a fairly good summary of events across the season - and good to see the opinion of a contributor from an outsiders perspective.
Corrupt is probably a step too far - I would say biased with respect to the TV situation and Mt Barker late final allocation.
Have I mentioned Maccy have been granted the Country GF 3 years running providing them with a pretty handy cash injection?
Wonder why that keeps happening?

Because Echunga keep getting in the GF and Maccy and Kersbrook probably have the best decks.

Kersbrook weren't in it this year and Maccy still got it - explain that!

Kersbrook were in preliminary final need more than one week to organise grand final. The reward for losing the semi between maccy and kersbrook was the gf
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby chopper7 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:21 am

running defender wrote:Howard, we did what every other club in Australia would"ve done if the directors had'nt been so pig headed this would have been resolved weeks ago, and also the clubs had there chance to say somthing but once again they feel asleep at the wheel and voted to fight Echunga"s case, with the HFL pres giving them a half baked concoction, no mention of if we lose we will have to fork out all costs. By the way Howard are you from Howards lane. Another sniper to scared to mention his grass roots footy team.Howard how do you reckon Mt Barker, urailda,Onkas, Loby or any other team that have finished top and be sent a letter saying see ya in country next year, i can remember a few years ago Loby were in relagation position they changed some rule to allow them to stay, they were going to take their bat and ball to barossa

Loby were in the relation position many years ago yes, but the fact no country club wanted to come up those couple of years saved them. There was never any rule changes of the sort. Simple as that.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Bushman » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:04 pm

I can't believe what I have been reading, are you telling me my taxes paid for Echunga's recruits, I work my backside off, pay tax and the EFC use it to recruit players!!! Is this true or a hoax.
Bushman
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby cracka » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:25 pm

chopper7 wrote:

Loby were in the relation position many years ago yes, but the fact no country club wanted to come up those couple of years saved them. There was never any rule changes of the sort. Simple as that.

Yeah but like your more famous namesake, we shouldn't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
RD is also wrong as to who would pay for Echungas appeal as there was mention at the AGM that the court costs would be determined by the court, but again dont let the truth get in the way of a good story.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 466 times
Been liked: 571 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby rock » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Bushman wrote:I can't believe what I have been reading, are you telling me my taxes paid for Echunga's recruits, I work my backside off, pay tax and the EFC use it to recruit players!!! Is this true or a hoax.

Keep an eye on the paper Bushman, the alleged offender is due in court early next year.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby cracka » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:34 pm

rock wrote:
Bushman wrote:I can't believe what I have been reading, are you telling me my taxes paid for Echunga's recruits, I work my backside off, pay tax and the EFC use it to recruit players!!! Is this true or a hoax.

Keep an eye on the paper Bushman, the alleged offender is due in court early next year.

Is there proof it was used by EFC or was it just for personal issues.
cracka
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:37 pm

cracka wrote:
rock wrote:

Is there proof it was used by EFC or was it just for personal issues.

Think that is for a court to decide...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:39 pm

Careful people - let's leave any "allegations' of our site please whilst it's in the courts.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby cracka » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:43 pm

Kick'n Back wrote:
Legs Man wrote:
19thman wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Wow weeee!
Actually a fairly good summary of events across the season - and good to see the opinion of a contributor from an outsiders perspective.
Corrupt is probably a step too far - I would say biased with respect to the TV situation and Mt Barker late final allocation.
Have I mentioned Maccy have been granted the Country GF 3 years running providing them with a pretty handy cash injection?
Wonder why that keeps happening?

Because Echunga keep getting in the GF and Maccy and Kersbrook probably have the best decks.

Kersbrook weren't in it this year and Maccy still got it - explain that!

Kersbrook were in preliminary final need more than one week to organise grand final. The reward for losing the semi between maccy and kersbrook was the gf

Good explanation I reckon. :D
cracka
Veteran

Postby Howard » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:01 pm

I'm not exactly sure what difference it makes as to who my "grassroots footy team" is? If you actually read what I've posted I've tried to put the point of view that the HFL board had no choice but to follow the constitution and it's by laws (as they were interpreted by ALL clubs) so this rubbish that they're out to get you (or anyone for that matter) borders on paranoia.

Also what Ive said is that when they do waiver from those guidelines is when they end up in trouble - as was the case with granting permits and giving extra points. So to a certain degree they, the HFL board, have got themselves into this mess. But it's not because they're gunning for Echunga!
When the hair on your arse starts to smell like burning grass - you're on fire!
Howard
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby running defender » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:12 pm

Sideview ---No remorse from Echunga ,the club acted just as any other club in aust would have ,faced with the situation. the fighting fund will not be offered back to the league,will be used to stack the B grade and pay subs for juniors. All juniors are welcome to the history making club.
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Legs Man » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:46 pm

Did the league get legal opinion on the matter prior to going to court?
Was there an amount conveyed to the clubs by the league as to possible outlay if they fought it and lost?
I would hope this was the case if they advised the clubs and does anyone here know if they advised the clubs either way - fight it or try and seek an amicable solution for 2015?
Can anyone here enlighten us on this?
This would be a crucial component when determining liability for costs incurred.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby The Panther » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:14 pm

So anything happen in the HFL lately ?

:lol:
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:21 pm

What was the retaliation of the last let's say 5 clubs to be relegated to Country? I remember Lofty ly putting up a fight and rumours of moving to SAAFL at one stage. Obviously Echunga have unique grounds at odds we probably will not see again considering the origin....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby cracka » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:07 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:What was the retaliation of the last let's say 5 clubs to be relegated to Country? I remember Lofty ly putting up a fight and rumours of moving to SAAFL at one stage. Obviously Echunga have unique grounds at odds we probably will not see again considering the origin....

It doesn't happen very often but Birdwood put up a fight 4 years ago, Lofty put up a fight last year & Echunga have this year. Prior to those I can't remember the last time a club sought promotion & a club was forced into relegation.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:53 am

cracka wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:What was the retaliation of the last let's say 5 clubs to be relegated to Country? I remember Lofty ly putting up a fight and rumours of moving to SAAFL at one stage. Obviously Echunga have unique grounds at odds we probably will not see again considering the origin....

It doesn't happen very often but Birdwood put up a fight 4 years ago, Lofty put up a fight last year & Echunga have this year. Prior to those I can't remember the last time a club sought promotion & a club was forced into relegation.

Didn't Ironbank get relegated and while back, but can't remember off the top which year? Not certain if anyone was promoted.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby cracka » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:12 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:
cracka wrote:

Didn't Ironbank get relegated and while back, but can't remember off the top which year? Not certain if anyone was promoted.

From a vague memory, Ironbank came up in the mid 90's, were competitive for a bit but then struggled so went back to div 2, regrouped & came back in the 00's but not exactly sure of the year or who they replaced. Not sure what year or who Birdwood replaced when they came in, anyone know.
cracka
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy