HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby scott » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:30 pm

cracka wrote:
Banker wrote:
Banker wrote:
Very very unlikely. Echunga would need Mt Barker to win by 10+ goals and also belt Handorf by 20+ goals.

:oops:
Maybe not?? I just got a text that Echunga and Barker have had big wins and Echunga have taken 3rd spot! Can anyone confirm??

Going by sportingpulse, they have just missed out by 0.44%

Yep - edged out by a measly 32 points.
scott
Veteran

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:45 pm

scott wrote:
cracka wrote:
Banker wrote:
Banker wrote:
Very very unlikely. Echunga would need Mt Barker to win by 10+ goals and also belt Handorf by 20+ goals.

:oops:
Maybe not?? I just got a text that Echunga and Barker have had big wins and Echunga have taken 3rd spot! Can anyone confirm??

Going by sportingpulse, they have just missed out by 0.44%

Yep - edged out by a measly 32 points.

Yet still not good enough to stay in the division :shock:
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Justquietly » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:48 am

What a weird feeling: playing for a flag...yet knowing you're probably relegated.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby jumbo20 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:28 pm

Mail medal Tips?
jumbo20
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Rubber Chest » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:36 pm

jumbo20 wrote:Mail medal Tips?

Mcentee from Torrens Valley, Motlop from Ironbank, Lindsay from Echunga or Delvins from Uraidla.
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby no1rangler » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:44 am

Any update on club shield?
no1rangler
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:34 pm

no1rangler wrote:Any update on club shield?

Blackwood 285
Mount Barker 282
Uraidla Districts 248
Ironbank 208
Lobethal 202
Hahndorf 199
Onkaparinga Valley 199
Bridgewater 154
Torrens Valley 151
Echunga 142

Echunga relegated
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Armytank » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:59 pm

From an Ironbank perspective, I am surprised with our 4th position on that list LGIL.

What that hightlights is that the points weighting is a little off.

Our results after the 18 games has our A's 6th, B's 6th, S/C 5th, J/C 4th (U13's 5th but they don't count for relegation).

Surely the points should be weighted so that we would end up 5th to 6th on that ladder?

Anyway. I am disappointed that both our A's and B's have missed the finals by one game and a bit of percentage but I do believe our playing group have a lot to take out of the year.

A year of wasted opporunities is painfull and annoying yet still one full of positives as well.
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:32 pm

Armytank wrote:Anyway. I am disappointed that both our A's and B's have missed the finals by one game and a bit of percentage but I do believe our playing group have a lot to take out of the year.

A year of wasted opporunities is painfull and annoying yet still one full of positives as well.

Armytank - A serious question, was wondering what the feeling around the club is given that you invested heavily in coaching and player costs in 2014, but had a worse season than 2013 (same wins, lower percentage) ? Are the financial backers scratching their heads ?

Also (a less serious question) - is it true that your A-Grade coach didnt even make it to the C-Grade GF on Friday night? Surely not given his inspirational words at the season launch about coaching the "whole club".
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Armytank » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:08 pm

I think while disappointing it is still very positive around the club thanks Elmer.

Our kids are playing finals footy and our local seniors are developing.

Not sure about friday night but my guess would be media committments
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby The Crimson Chin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:31 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:Blackwood 285
Mount Barker 282
Uraidla Districts 248
Ironbank 208
Lobethal 202
Hahndorf 199
Onkaparinga Valley 199
Bridgewater 154
Torrens Valley 151
Echunga 142

I know blackwood isn't well liked on this forum but it's fair achievement to have all senior sides (including C's) and all juniors sides to make finals
The Crimson Chin
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby lovethefooty » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:30 pm

i don't know much about blackwood footy club..but I think that is an outstanding effort to have all teams in finals.
can only point to prolonged success I would think...
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby The Panther » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:21 pm

Have the grounds for this weekend been confirmed ?
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby The Crimson Chin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:28 pm

The Panther wrote:Have the grounds for this weekend been confirmed ?

Sunday elimination has changed from Barker to Lobbie

not up to scratch??? :?
The Crimson Chin
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby RooShootOhh » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:48 pm

Whats happened to Loby?
Heavy training ready for finals or just fallen off the pace?
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Peakedinhighschool » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:56 pm

Sounds as if the league has tightened up on the permits given out to players hoping to play b grade finals. As I understand it, currently any player who has played more a grade will not be given a permit to play b's. I hope this is implemented league wide and not just to a few clubs, the last thing we need is more inconsistency from the board. I would imagine there will be some disapointed young men when they find out they have played footy all year just to miss out on the games that matter
Peakedinhighschool
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby grasshopper22 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:18 am

Peakedinhighschool wrote:Sounds as if the league has tightened up on the permits given out to players hoping to play b grade finals. As I understand it, currently any player who has played more a grade will not be given a permit to play b's. I hope this is implemented league wide and not just to a few clubs, the last thing we need is more inconsistency from the board. I would imagine there will be some disapointed young men when they find out they have played footy all year just to miss out on the games that matter

In our league if the A grade is playing on a separate day or has been eliminated before the B grade a top 21 must then be submitted to the league and ticked off on, and say your best A grader in the last game of the yr does a knee for example, he can't be in that 21. I think it's worked well and a pretty fair system.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:27 am

Peakedinhighschool wrote:Sounds as if the league has tightened up on the permits given out to players hoping to play b grade finals. As I understand it, currently any player who has played more a grade will not be given a permit to play b's. I hope this is implemented league wide and not just to a few clubs, the last thing we need is more inconsistency from the board. I would imagine there will be some disapointed young men when they find out they have played footy all year just to miss out on the games that matter

Sounds as though the Board is just implementing the by-laws to me. Clubs such as TV and Onkas can only play players who have played a majority of their games in B grade. It gets a bit more complicated for the other teams (Blackwood, Lobey and Uraidla) as while their A grade are still in finals they can play anyone not selected in the A grade 21.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby 19thman » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:42 am

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:

Sounds as though the Board is just implementing the by-laws to me. Clubs such as TV and Onkas can only play players who have played a majority of their games in B grade. It gets a bit more complicated for the other teams (Blackwood, Lobey and Uraidla) as while their A grade are still in finals they can play anyone not selected in the A grade 21.

What happens if the A grade is knocked out before the B grade? Can players who played in the B grade finals but played majority of A grade through the year still play B's?
19thman

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Peakedinhighschool » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:00 am

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:

I know of two uraidla players who have played slightly more a grade games as a result of injuries to others and are not named in the a grade best 21 that are unable to play this weekend in the b grade.
Peakedinhighschool
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy